Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Engine Builders around Shreveport/Bossier

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Engine Builders around Shreveport/Bossier

Hey guys, looking for a shop to assemble my shortblock. Im from Springhill, LA & Shreveport/Bossier is about an hour from my house. I know there aren't any builders in my town that I would trust to do anything on an LSx platform. I have let Kitlers Automotive Machine Shop aka AMS Racing, rebuild my old school 350 for my Silverado. But wasnt sure how they are with LS engines. They quoted me $195 to assemble the shortblock with me supplying all the parts(which I DO have). I had originally planned to assemble it myself but after looking up all the tools I need it would be cheaper to have someone else do it plus the experience level of someone that is good at this kind of thing.

So if anyone knows of anybody please let me know. But it has to be someone who is qualified and has done a lot of LS work. Thanks guys

Brenton
Old 05-04-2013, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

I started this thread awhile back and just wanted to see if anybody could give me any help
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

no one knows of any good LSx engine builders in Bossier/Shreveport area or hell anywhere in LA, just someone let me know.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coonass350
no one knows of any good LSx engine builders in Bossier/Shreveport area or hell anywhere in LA, just someone let me know.
Don't have any first hand experience, but I have this thread bookmarked in case I ever need a rebuild... You can also call some shops such as Futral, Ragin Racin, and Lethal Racing and ask who they recommend.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=209856
Old 05-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We build LS engines in house here at Futral. Give us a call or feel free to email Charley ( charley@futralmotorsports.com ).

Quick Reply: Engine Builders around Shreveport/Bossier