Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Upstate SC gathering?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upstate SC gathering?

does anyone around here meetup? the old LateModelMotorsports/Upstate F-body club seems to have given up on doing anything so im just seeing if anyone else around here meets up or anything...
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got a few guys down here around Aiken who get together pretty often. Usually 4-5 of us, sometimes more.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Teching In

is Cheaters Inc still together? i used to talk to those guys every so often.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We're kinda still together, but for the most part the same thing that happened upstate has happened down here too. We haven't had a group of more than 6 or 7 together in a long time, but we do all keep in touch pretty well.

I can't decide if the car scene in sc has actually died, or it's moved and we can't find it
Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 AM
Launching!

didn't even know those two you mentioned existed. there was a few ideas for meets floating around over on scfba.org, but they seem to have shutdown, or the site's down for maintenance or something, idk.

sadly, the only guy i really know in to cars is import based, keeps telling me i should come out with them one night, but never tells me when or where.

if i had to guess, i'd say most of us are in small pockets of concentration or scattered too far to make meeting up practical. that and work schedules.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

jassick, we need to get you down here sometime to the track. like i said, there are at least 4-5 of us within 10 minutes of each other, and a 1/4 mile track 20 minutes outside of town
Old 04-27-2013, 02:34 AM
Launching!

i definitely need to get down that way sometime. what is the track schedule like down there? not even sure which one it is really. next warm day, i'll probably just say screw it and go on a mini road trip. maybe i could drag some of the people from around here down. i do need to get some 1/4 mile times though. tired of telling people what i should be running.

hey roadcone, you bored?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The track down here is Carolina Dragway in Jackson houseofhook.com. I was thinking about going for some runs Thursday. The normal test and tune days are Thursdays and Sundays unless they have an event. If you decide to come be sure to let me know
Old 05-04-2013, 02:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We really do need to get something going, I got the headers to go with that true dual system I bought and after I get those on, my ported tb and a tune I deff wanna get some 1/4 mile times in, but jassick if you ever wanna get together around here let me know, I'm free on weekends but will be gone for 2 weeks after next Friday for annual training. But I would love to get a group of guys around the upstate together. And deff wanna go to Jackson when the mods are done.

As for the website the server it runs on was having issues and Steve is the only one who can fix that but its back up and running now.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 AM
Launching!

really wish the weather would cooperate. i need to get this tune finished and stall installed. next nice day i might say **** it and try to data log by myself. had a friend supposed to read cells for me, but he has a full time job/wife so scheduling is difficult. not ideal, i know, but we'll see.

i was hesitant to say anything about the site since i was having trouble with hptuners.com at the same time (wouldn't register it without the www. precursor). didn't know if it was on my end or not.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Teching In

I hear of a lot of guys hanging out at burlington in greenville, i've been invited a few times but never went. like a 60 mile drive from the house to chill for a couple hours, that's a once in a while thing.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

What night is that on? I wouldn't mind re-integrating into the scene again.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think now that the warm weather is hear everyone will start coming out again. Its only a matter of time.

Quick Reply: Upstate SC gathering?