Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

HELP! Stolen 58 Corvette Austin TX area

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP! Stolen 58 Corvette Austin TX area

I am trying to help a friend who's prized 58 Vette was stolen from his ranch. If anyone see's or has heard of a 58 Vette for sale or parts, please email me at jlord8201@gmail.com. I will forward all info to him. Thank you guys!

Here is the run down of what happened and the vette itself. Copied from another forum.

"hey guys, worth a shot to get more eyes watching for a somewhat unique vintage car, especially any of you around Texas.

This was a fairly complete matching #s project car that my dad found and I bought years ago, never had time and money at the same time. I had moved it to our remote family ranch about a year ago, stashed deep back in a barn, covered completely with tarps surrounded by plywood with more stuff put in on top and in front ... in other words, it was well hidden.

It was taken from South of Bertram and West of Liberty Hill Texas sometime between Sept. 27 and Oct. 4, someone cut the lock (not the chain???) on the entry gate, pulled down to the barn (~400 yards barely visible from highway), pulled barn gate open, moved everything from out of front and tarps drug to the back. they either had to drag or winch the car out on flat front tires (drag marks indicate) and load (trailer or tow truck). A report has been given to the Burnet County Sheriff's Department and Central Texas Auto Task Force along with pictures and VIN.

If any of you see or have seen (trailered) this car, please contact me here or the Burnet County Sherriff's dept. It is fairly unique being yellow with a silver insert, missing the grill and one headlight. Thanks for any help you might can provide on location or direction it might be heading."

"figured ya'll might come across something related to this with those searches. Another couple of unique traits ... it does not have a '58 hood or trunk deck as they appear to be from a '59 or '60 (no louver ripples on the hood and no chrome stripes on the trunk), so someone might mistake it for those year models too ... and since it's missing the 9 tooth grill (unique to '58 & '59) someone might think it's a '60 or '61 (but I Think they changed taillights around '60)"
Attached Thumbnails HELP! Stolen 58 Corvette Austin TX area-stolen-58-vette.jpg  

Last edited by seadoo; 10-16-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Quick Reply: HELP! Stolen 58 Corvette Austin TX area