Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Hello from Nc

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Nc

Hey guys. First post on here. Thanks for having me. So here is something i am thinking about. Are they anybody around WNC or east Tn with a cam and stalled 4th Gen. I am looking to buy another 1 but cant decide between a m6 and an a4. It will be my street car, not everyday driving, but a few times a week and wondering how a 3500-4000 stall felt driving around. Thanks
Old 11-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Default Nc

Just bought a 99 Z with a 6 M,I like it much better than an auto. Welcome from NC!
Old 11-10-2017, 08:57 PM

Thats what I was originally looking at. A 01-02 preferably w/ a m6 but then I thought that ive never rode in a stalled car and the a4 cars are so much easier and cheaper to find. I have a 98 Z but after hearing horror stories if tuning and finding parts I think in going to sell my 98 to buy another. What part if Nc? Western Nc here
Old 11-11-2017, 04:09 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Moving to regional section since you're looking for someone local to you....

Not sure what sort of special parts you'd be worried about finding for a '98, other than valve covers/coil rail hardware if you planned to swap to later model head castings. Tuning for a typical cammed/stalled setup in a '98 is not an issue for any good tuner, though a major build (especially FI) might benefit from a later model PCM swap. "Horror stories" are mostly internet hype in this regard.

My '98 has actually been my best and favorite LS1 car, as compared to my '99, '00 and '02 cars.

I prefer a stalled A4 to an M6 myself. Hard to find nice A4 cars in my region though, most are high miles and worn out. Low mile M6 cars are much easier to find as more of them were weekend toys (vs. daily driven autos). Sounds like you have the opposite problem in your area. If you like your '98 I would just keep it; there is no magic to the '01/'02 cars (and that's coming from personal experience with both), nor would it be worth selling one to get the other unless you're significantly upgrading in condition or you want an entirely different model (such as Firebird vs. Camaro).
Old 11-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Teching In

I'm from High Point near Greensboro. My Buick Grand National had a 3k stall in it and it pulled wonderfully. I recommend PCM of NC for tuning.They are in Mooresville. Although I just got my car tuned by FROST. He does mail order tuning out of Richmond Va if you can do without driving for a few days.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:05 PM

Thanks RPM. Nothing crazy build wise, just a high lift asa cam or a torquer v2 with a set of cleaned up ls6 or 5.3 heads and a ls6 intake with full exhaust. Wish you hadnt said anything lol, makes it harder to make an excuse to get a newer car. I was looking at either PCMofNC or Hawks to tune and do the work myself. Im just curious of the street manners of a stalled a4 vs a m6 with a better clutch.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BarnesGN
I'm from High Point near Greensboro. My Buick Grand National had a 3k stall in it and it pulled wonderfully. I recommend PCM of NC for tuning.They are in Mooresville. Although I just got my car tuned by FROST. He does mail order tuning out of Richmond Va if you can do without driving for a few days.
Is it blue? I live in Jamestown and have seen a blue one running around with center exhaust that i haven't seen before.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lgreen7007
Thanks RPM. Nothing crazy build wise, just a high lift asa cam or a torquer v2 with a set of cleaned up ls6 or 5.3 heads and a ls6 intake with full exhaust. Wish you hadnt said anything lol, makes it harder to make an excuse to get a newer car. I was looking at either PCMofNC or Hawks to tune and do the work myself. Im just curious of the street manners of a stalled a4 vs a m6 with a better clutch.
They will drive about the same, just which one you prefer to drive. Depending where you are located in NC you have ALOT of options in the western part. Tick Performance in Mt. Airy, SS lsx performance and Tuning (who does my work) in Concord, NC, Nemsis Racing in Asheville, NC, JHR Performance in Mooresville, NC, Also have HED and TKM for your bigger HP builds.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:21 PM

Thanks for the advice. Id really like to find somebody around Asheville with a stalled car that wouldnt mind giving me a ride to let me feel how it does. Never heard of the Nemisis place though.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

His name is Shane Fisher and he has a cam/nitrous c6z but has a few more cars running around that he has done

Quick Reply: Hello from Nc