Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Happy Turkey day to all ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TazmanSS
Been sittin in the garage since BG. We are waiting on assoc to get engineering specs on how to prepare road, then they have to get bids, prelim bids have come in at 175k divided up between some 50 homeowners. So I may have to hold off on some upgrades to pay for a new road, they are talking 2-3 mo before road gets repaired. I have attach couple picts for your viewing pleasure. The road we are driving on is stone and is approx 1 mile, loose gravel and don't wanna take chance of major chip, soon the taz will be awoken!!

1st of off I would look into insurance to pay for the repairs. Its an act of god. If that doesn't work, FEMA is next. If that fails, who built the sudivision and look into that for compinsation. I would not want to pay for something that wasn't the fault of the residences.

Taz will be mad if you spend its money elsewhere.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
1st of off I would look into insurance to pay for the repairs. Its an act of god. If that doesn't work, FEMA is next. If that fails, who built the sudivision and look into that for compinsation. I would not want to pay for something that wasn't the fault of the residences.

Taz will be mad if you spend its money elsewhere.
We have been working on all, fema says insurance should pay and insurance says fema should help and developer says state should help, the ole pass the buck number! Our homeowner assoc is trying to secure a sba loan from gov and will spread out over next 10 yr. If no sba then we will have to bite the bullet and get fixed.

Taz will get a visit from Santa, just not everything on the list.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by TazmanSS
We have been working on all, fema says insurance should pay and insurance says fema should help and developer says state should help, the ole pass the buck number! Our homeowner assoc is trying to secure a sba loan from gov and will spread out over next 10 yr. If no sba then we will have to bite the bullet and get fixed.

Taz will get a visit from Santa, just not everything on the list.
You wouldn't think people would have this kind of trouble, makes you wonder what fema and insurance are for? Have you thought about calling WLOS? Maybe a little "light" shed on it might help?? Never know, shouldn't hurt anyhow.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats a good idea. I know if it were in the upstate of S.C. then I would call 7 on your side and they would put the heat on them.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
You wouldn't think people would have this kind of trouble, makes you wonder what fema and insurance are for? Have you thought about calling WLOS? Maybe a little "light" shed on it might help?? Never know, shouldn't hurt anyhow.

We will see what happens over course of next couple weeks, then we may have to utilize wlos.

Quick Reply: Happy Turkey day to all ...