Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Peachtree porsche club Autox

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Peachtree porsche club Autox

Just wanted to say hello to the fbody guys that showed up to the Peachtree Porsche Club Autox event.

For those that care
Well the Porsche club had an autox 04/24/05 and I followed friend with Roe superchaged Viper (TONY) down to Atlanta to race. There was a field of 95 cars (7 vipers, 7 or 8 EVO's, 2 honda S2000's, 74 Pantara, a few odd ***** and the rest was Porsche).

I was on my totally new and untweaked supension setup and had not made it an Autox event in over a year and came in 6th out of 95. I would have placed better but I hit a cone (2 or 3rd one I have ever hit since I started autoxing).

The only Viper that beat me was Tony's and none of the evo's beat me,however one of the Honda's S2000 was hauling and did beat me.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good stuff. i dont do the autox thing but its fun to watch.. u live by columbus ga??? Thats where I grew up at.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATCFLYBOY02
Good stuff. i dont do the autox thing but its fun to watch.. u live by columbus ga??? Thats where I grew up at.
I am closer to Chattanooga,Tn about 30 miles south of it.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OOOh ok. We used to race on chatsworth road in columbus thats why I asked.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's up Larry (is that right). It was cool talking to ya. Watching you and your car made it worth coming over there. I can't believe a camaro can handle like that. Me and my friends were surprised when you started your car we weren't expecting it to sound like that. When you we running some people were commenting on your car saying "man that car has some power". Next time you are participating in a Auto X let us know on here. The only reason I knew was Tony posted it on SCF. We talked to Tony and he is a super nice guy. See ya soon and WATCH OUT FOR DOGS. LOL

Quick Reply: Peachtree porsche club Autox