Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ has a brief write up of our Lt's ls1's (and a ls2 GTO) trip to the gap.

We had a great time in the Gap Sat. despite some brief showers. And in the afternoon I led the group over the Cherohala Skyway where we found some breathtaking views and Bonus: dry pavement and some high speed sweepers. When a R1 started cutting thru the pack me and a Camaro (zed28) decided to give him a run. I put some distance on the Camaro (helps when you know the roads ). Although I am sure I broke no traffic laws, the R1 was unable to catch me
Attached Thumbnails Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-b-bird-vette.jpg   Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-cajuns-ss.jpg   Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-camaro.jpg   Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-camaro2.jpg   Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-dvc00071_1.jpg  

Last edited by Blackbird39; 05-17-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

couple more pics from Sat.
Attached Thumbnails Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-dvc00072.jpg   Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-gto-vette3.jpg   Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-gto-interior.jpg   Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-vette.jpg   Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-pack3.jpg  

Old 05-15-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

The skyway is nice I go up there sometimes on the weekends. Very nice views.. And some fun curves lol
Old 05-15-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
Although I am sure I broke no traffic laws, the R1 was unable to catch me
sounds as if ya'll had a great time..wish we couldve joined ya'll....and I am VERY sure that the R1 was giving you a decent run... ...he was just playin with ya...
Old 05-15-2005, 01:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lnuxhakr
sounds as if ya'll had a great time..wish we couldve joined ya'll....and I am VERY sure that the R1 was giving you a decent run... ...he was just playin with ya...
Yeah it would have been nice to have another car to smoke.

It's not the first motorcycle I've beaten over in the Gap.......actually the 750's and 600's are harder to beat because they handle the curves so much better than the 1000's. When the R1 rider caught up he said he was praying for a straight away...... if a motorcycle rider is praying for a str8 to catch me I'm doing good. The club I met up with in the gap even gave me a award for the kill: Outstanding at the tail: most feared by the crotch rockets
Attached Thumbnails Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-dvc00073.jpg  

Last edited by Blackbird39; 05-15-2005 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

blackbird sorry that i missed meeting you yesterday.i met up with zed and cajun sat evening around 5.would have loved to get a look at your car
Old 05-16-2005, 06:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WildRon
blackbird sorry that i missed meeting you yesterday.i met up with zed and cajun sat evening around 5.would have loved to get a look at your car
Was that you guys leaving Fontana Village around 8:30? I heard a Ls1 fire up and then I saw you guys heading out towards the Gap. My wife was driving and I was like "after them" but it was too late you were gone! Next time your in the dragon let me know.

I had an awesome time hanging out with the group, everybody was super cool and Rob was great to bs with. Can't wait till you guys come back, next year I'll see if I can get more of these slackers around here out to the Dragon.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

that was probally us leaving.we were trying to be quit.we go to the dragon 1 a month or so.are you going to the f-body gathering in alanta
Old 05-17-2005, 06:17 AM
12 Second Club

that was probally us leaving.we were trying to be quit.we go to the dragon 1 a month or so.are you going to the f-body gathering in alanta
Cool, I live about 30 min. from the Tail so I can make it just about any time.

We are really wanting to go to G9, I'm not for sure yet but, I think we will end up going. Are you planning on attending? If so PM me your cell # and we'll hook up.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

i'm about 30 minutes from the dragon also.there are several of us from the knoxville area headed to the gathering.pm sent
Old 05-17-2005, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

i'm about 30 minutes from the dragon also.there are several of us from the knoxville area headed to the gathering.pm sent
That's awesome, we are going to def. have to get together for some cruises every now and then, maybe start us a local Dragon chapter.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Hey sorry to hijack this tread but what does cajun drive? One of my old buddies I've been trying to get intouch has the same name. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by koolkoreanked
Hey sorry to hijack this tread but what does cajun drive? One of my old buddies I've been trying to get intouch has the same name. Thanks for your help.
He drives a red SS Camaro.
Attached Thumbnails Modern Muscle meets the Dragon "pics"-cajuns-ss.jpg