Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

First Pics of GA F-body Cruise....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem, I always meet a freind up there anyway. Any time you want to go, give me a holler.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had a great time today. Spent all day up there between the bike and the car. Car was up first, met up with two other guys at the end of 400 at 10am and left from there. It was actually a pretty good picture, three Firebird Firehawks in a row is pretty rare, plus all were black! We played tag with some dude on a SV650 {I think} and pulled into Vogel. We finished up around 1:30 or so. It was bad crowded up there at first between the leaf lookers, the 50cc bikes and all the cars playing.

There was a crapload of cars up there playing, all in one group, most were imports. I actually met some of those folks twice, once in the car and then on the bike. It looked like the leader of the group was in a newer ZO6. He had cop stripes on back but he was rather spunky. He pulled a couple of roll-ons with a friend on mine in one of the Firehawks. Friend stated that the ZO6 didn't appear to be stock.

Once I finished up with the cars, I zipped home, threw the leathers on and had some real fun! I met up with another friend at the end of 400 and rode up 60, across 180 and down 129. Stopped at the hiking store and met a girl on a bike that may have been racing back when I was. She thinks she actually remembered my bike {bike and leathers were,,,, um,,, let's say they were real bright }. Turns out she was a cop too, what's with all the spunky cops? Yapped about the old days for a bit and trucked it over to big 180 and headed to 75. Made a couple of runs on the curvy part of 75 and headed home through Helen. Man, that tornado did a number didn't it??!! By the time I got through Helen it was getting rather dark,,, AND COLD! But a nippy day in the mountains is a heck of a lot better than a day at work!!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Judd
Had a great time today. Spent all day up there between the bike and the car. Car was up first, met up with two other guys at the end of 400 at 10am and left from there. It was actually a pretty good picture, three Firebird Firehawks in a row is pretty rare, plus all were black! We played tag with some dude on a SV650 {I think} and pulled into Vogel. We finished up around 1:30 or so. It was bad crowded up there at first between the leaf lookers, the 50cc bikes and all the cars playing.

There was a crapload of cars up there playing, all in one group, most were imports. I actually met some of those folks twice, once in the car and then on the bike. It looked like the leader of the group was in a newer ZO6. He had cop stripes on back but he was rather spunky. He pulled a couple of roll-ons with a friend on mine in one of the Firehawks. Friend stated that the ZO6 didn't appear to be stock.

Once I finished up with the cars, I zipped home, threw the leathers on and had some real fun! I met up with another friend at the end of 400 and rode up 60, across 180 and down 129. Stopped at the hiking store and met a girl on a bike that may have been racing back when I was. She thinks she actually remembered my bike {bike and leathers were,,,, um,,, let's say they were real bright }. Turns out she was a cop too, what's with all the spunky cops? Yapped about the old days for a bit and trucked it over to big 180 and headed to 75. Made a couple of runs on the curvy part of 75 and headed home through Helen. Man, that tornado did a number didn't it??!! By the time I got through Helen it was getting rather dark,,, AND COLD! But a nippy day in the mountains is a heck of a lot better than a day at work!!

Man, I can't wait until I get my own insurance plan so I can get my bike
Old 10-30-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

jack and josh in da firehawkers?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like you had a gread day Judd. I made it back from Charleston in 4 hours 40 minutes w/ 3 stops to drain the Diet Dew! Normally that drive takes 5 1/2 to 6 hours with the family.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by outlaw 5.3
Man, I can't wait until I get my own insurance plan so I can get my bike
Man,,,, insurance is gonna kill you on a bike. I can remember paying 1200$ a year for full coverage back in 1990! Get a older used 600 or something for your first bike. Ace Insurance in Cumming is cheap if all you are getting is liability. All they deal with is bikes, my R1 is 80 bucks a year! Your's will be higher but I would bet not by much.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HAWK915
Sounds like you had a gread day Judd. I made it back from Charleston in 4 hours 40 minutes w/ 3 stops to drain the Diet Dew! Normally that drive takes 5 1/2 to 6 hours with the family.
I wish you could have made it, would have been four Firehawks!

BTW, making good time from the S.C. coast!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Judd, Josh,

Had a good time on the mountains with the Hawks. Shoot me an email address and I can send those pics I took your way (too big to post up here).

For those who don't know, Judd can drive the wheels off a car, and if you haven't seen Josh's (FIREHAWK#608) engine in person, its impressive.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ba78ta
jack and josh in da firehawkers?
nope, i didn't go. I wanted to really bad, but i didn't want to beat on my car and break something before they guys picks it up
Old 10-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Banned

I had a lot of fun! Great seeing 3 Firehawks in one place.
Got into a race with an '03-'04 Cobra on the way home down 400. He had obvious suspension mods, looked like traction bars? Anyways we lined up mid way through 3rd gear. Nailed it and into 5th he was 1 car in the lead. The boost would hit and he would get 1/2 a car right off the bat,he had troubles with ignition and his motor would break up past 5,5++ rpm. When he let off the gas his car would be rolling in oil smoke. He had MAJOR oil issues. We ran neck and neck the second time. He edged me out barely right as my engine was nearing redline, I shot passed when he lifted the throttle. He was a cool dude, gave me the thumbs up.
Ran a z06 on the way to the spot. He sounded like a heavy camed car, and judging by the way it pulled, probably heads too.

Had fun, count me in for the next one!!!

Quick Reply: First Pics of GA F-body Cruise....