Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Alabama Street Racing Scene

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 05:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i live 5 miles for G10
Old 01-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DarricksZ28 - Did I meet you at MMP back in November? I was driving a white Z28.
Is your car black or NBM?

John
Old 01-24-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

huntsville use to have BIG street racing sean. but i have been in law trouble so have not seean it for awhile. plus in auburn but in may be back and off probation. but true not to many f bodys some thow
Old 01-24-2006, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greenfire
There isn't much of a "F-body" street scene around here, only ones I have heard of are up in B-ham. Far as street racing goes we don't do it, too much money in the cars. Most of the poeple I have been around or hang around with hit it on the interstate.

Far as MMP goes I hope it opens back up again, I'm in some serious need to burn a few. Lets hope it opens again.
Most of us that hang out on Atlanta Hwy hang out all the time either in the garage doing mods, or out messin around on the weekends. Theres about 6-10 cars in our group. But as far as getting a group going go ahead, most of us are planning to go to G10 in atlanta the end of may, maybe we can all caravan out there.
This is for anybody not just F-bodies. I'm not looking to start anything like the ATL HWY bunch. And definitely no highway roll bullshit. Standing start 1/4mi or 1/8mi that has a finish line is the only way to do it. What I'm looking for is anybody that knows somebody that is an "old school" street racer to pass the word we need to meet up. I've been doing this for 15 years total, and there are ways to make it "safe". Out here there are TONS of roads that are lonely as hell Friday/Saturday night, no need for the interstate.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JNorris
DarricksZ28 - Did I meet you at MMP back in November? I was driving a white Z28.
Is your car black or NBM?

John
Yea that's me. How's it going? I don't remember if you said you street raced or not. Even if you don't, it doesn't matter. I just want to get a group together to start meeting up since MMP is closed until further notice. A calmer serious business group, you know? No loud music, no alcohol, drugs, neon or stupid high school donuts in a pickup truck or anything of that nature. Just some folk standing around talking about racing, engines and the daily grind, and a few races at the end of the night. Are you a member at the link I posted?
Oh, yea my car is black.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pontiac
huntsville use to have BIG street racing sean. but i have been in law trouble so have not seean it for awhile. plus in auburn but in may be back and off probation. but true not to many f bodys some thow
Yea, I've seen the scene in Huntsville, but that's a good little hump from here. But I would make the trip I got a few to tag along. We'd start with Bham before we took on those Huntsville boys. So you're in Auburn. I'm in Wetumpka, you have anybody there that's game? Like I said it doesn't have to be an F-body, any car Ford, Chevy, Daimler, Import I don't care just as long as they have some sense about them.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Back when I was still in B'ham there was alot of street racing going on around Eastwood mall out toward Irondale,has that gone away completly?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Back when I was still in B'ham there was alot of street racing going on around Eastwood mall out toward Irondale,has that gone away completly?
No, they're still meeting up. They weren't for awhile though from what I understand. Now it's getting heavy again that's why I need some cronies to ride up there with, whip some *** or at least try, then ride back home. Where are you now?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by DarricksZ28
Yea that's me. How's it going? I don't remember if you said you street raced or not. Even if you don't, it doesn't matter. I just want to get a group together to start meeting up since MMP is closed until further notice. A calmer serious business group, you know? No loud music, no alcohol, drugs, neon or stupid high school donuts in a pickup truck or anything of that nature. Just some folk standing around talking about racing, engines and the daily grind, and a few races at the end of the night. Are you a member at the link I posted?
Oh, yea my car is black.

I’m not into street racing. There is too much to loose. I probably would not stand a chance against you guys anyway. I really like to race at the drag strip though. Maybe MMP or Capitol City will open back up soon.
When and where on Atlanta Hwy do you all hangout?

John
Old 01-24-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work in Tallassee at Neptune. Do you go to the car show gathering across from the stadium every 3rd Sat?
i work most of the time but i have went many times
Old 01-25-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

well like I sadi I have nto ben around the STREET sean becasue of law reasons but get off probation in febuary
Old 01-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Teching In

This is for anybody not just F-bodies. I'm not looking to start anything like the ATL HWY bunch. And definitely no highway roll bullshit. Standing start 1/4mi or 1/8mi that has a finish line is the only way to do it. What I'm looking for is anybody that knows somebody that is an "old school" street racer to pass the word we need to meet up. I've been doing this for 15 years total, and there are ways to make it "safe". Out here there are TONS of roads that are lonely as hell Friday/Saturday night, no need for the interstate.
Your not going to find much real street racing around Montgomery maybe 10 years ago. we have to go out of town to either Clanton or a couple of other places. i work at Seco Perfomance in Montgomery just get up with me there if you wont to go sometime.

Jeff
Old 01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Darrick,

Greenfire and I would be more than happy to hang out with you etc. You seemed like a really nice guy. I will PM you our phone number, and maybe we can get together sometime. I'll just say that the last time we went to an organized street race, we had a bad experience, and we just have too much riding to get into trouble now.

John,

We have been meeting up at Eastmont Baptist Church, and cruising around occaisionally, but it seems to be getting a little ridiculous with redneck kids in trucks drinking in the parking lot underage, driving like fools, and leaving trash all over the place. The serious rodders need a better place to hang out. I'm going to PM you my number as well incase you ever want to get together, I own the Orange SS with black wheels that is out there time to time.

Clint
Old 01-25-2006, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JEFFSZ28
Your not going to find much real street racing around Montgomery maybe 10 years ago. we have to go out of town to either Clanton or a couple of other places. i work at Seco Perfomance in Montgomery just get up with me there if you wont to go sometime.

Jeff
Yea you told me that already! Is Clanton a regular thing or is it hit or miss? I'm trying to get something started back up you know? At least get a small meet on friday nights started. Are you up for it?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Orange n Black
Darrick,

Greenfire and I would be more than happy to hang out with you etc. You seemed like a really nice guy. I will PM you our phone number, and maybe we can get together sometime. I'll just say that the last time we went to an organized street race, we had a bad experience, and we just have too much riding to get into trouble now.

John,

We have been meeting up at Eastmont Baptist Church, and cruising around occaisionally, but it seems to be getting a little ridiculous with redneck kids in trucks drinking in the parking lot underage, driving like fools, and leaving trash all over the place. The serious rodders need a better place to hang out. I'm going to PM you my number as well incase you ever want to get together, I own the Orange SS with black wheels that is out there time to time.

Clint
Hey your last sentence is exactly what I'm trying to start up. A serious spot where none of that nonsense is going on. When the cops ride by they'll say "Oh, it's just a bunch of old guys standing around". I got your info and I'll be in touch. Check out the alabama site too. I'll be spending most of my time over there.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

Just to clarify, that is Alabama Racing Scene NOT Alabama Street Racing. All types of racing can be found there and ARS (formerly BhamRacing) does not condone the use of public roads for racing.

I go by the same name over there as well.

Quick Reply: Alabama Street Racing Scene