Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Emissions in Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow never heard of that. any idea what the fine/penalty is for that?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsoccer11
wow never heard of that. any idea what the fine/penalty is for that?

There is no fine or penalty but you will be mailed a notice to have a ET performed in the next 30 days(if I remember correctly ) BUT and this is just a very educated guess knowing how the gov. works, if you have a test and pass its a no foul. If you fail its repair time, if any of you regulars want some inside info,PM me or give me a call at the shop. This could get interesting
Old 03-25-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

what exit number in cherokee county?????
Old 03-26-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
hey... where do you go to school at spaz? Buford, North Gwin? If its buford, I bet I can find someone who saw it happen... there was no lense glass or anything left by the other vehicle... it might have been high enough to have been the bumper of a truck.
Sorry, I've been busy searching for this asshat and never really got on the forums. I go to Buford. My friend's actually found the car a few hours after school ended the day it happened and wrote down the license plate. It is a tourquoise 1995 (I think that is the year...but it is just that general year like that green thing in The Fast and the Furious) Mitsubishi Eclipse. I have yet to see the car, but am trying to get pictures of the thing. So if you see one cruisin' around with the license plate "AGT 6530", please get some pictures of it if you can or tell me where you saw it! To make a long story short, I have figured out the exact vehicle from shards of its tail light it left behind at the accident and my friends actually seeing the car I described with a pretty fucked up rear end. If you find the need, I will be more than happy to give anyone the exact details of the story...Just PM me or something. I want to get this bastard behind bars and paying out the *** for my car. I have already arranged a special car collector that goes to the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auctions that I know of to have his personal repair man from Seatle that fixes his "hundreds of thousands of dollars" cars to fly out here and fix my car for me the beginning of the month. So I will be having my car fixed regardless if the insurance company totals my car or not. The car is not leaving me...I will buy it back if needed and use it as a weekend car and have a junker for my daily-driver. I am already looking at old Jeeps because I miss our old one so badly.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lowtech
Hey guy's, I just wanted to chime in on the question about emisions here in georgia. I gutted out the cats on my Z28 and passed the emissions test because I installed 02 sims that trick the computer into thinking there are still cats on the car, hence no check engine light. But this is a Warning to anyone that lives in metro Atlanta, I just saw my first Mobile emissions tester this week in cherokee county on a 575 entrance ramp. If you don't know what this is, it is a laser type tester of vehicle emissions that can be set up anywhere at any time. The laser is pointed at a vehicle's exhaust gases as it drives by and the laser beam only gets tripped by pollutants from a vehicle that has no catalytic converters. I think the DOT will usually use an onramp to a highway for the test because 1)once you turn on to one it is to late to turn around 2)most people are accelerating harder on a onramp so there is more vehicle exhaust for the laser to read. Just so you know what to look for, there will be orange cones on each side of the road making a single lane, then at the end of the cones you will see a van on the side of the road then you will see two lasers pointed at each other about two feet off the ground and a camera on a stand will be facing down the road to take a snap shot of your plate if you fail the test. My car would fail this test. From what I have read, one way to cheat the test is to turn you car off and coast through the laser beam, it would work but you would have to be able to react fast and it could be dangerous. Anyway good luck.
That can't be right...I live in a county where there are no emmission laws at the moment, so I have no need to pass them. What if I was just passing through that area even with my Hall county plates? I don't understand how they could fine me for something that isn't unlawful in my area

Quick Reply: Emissions in Georgia