Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

mississippi members?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls-who
dammit i said STOCKISH.. hahaha

i just like fugging with u chevy guys sometimes.. . but in reality i ALSO have a 9 second NA chevy II and a dodge viper.. and a bunch of other toys.. 19 mustangs in all tho.... i'm not exatally brand loyal.. i'm just a car guy.
Brad, where the fork have you been!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see that you are still posting somewhere. Shoot me a P.M. some time, I don't come to this forum that much any more. Katrina wiped me out & sent me up north, so I'm now living a little to the west of Vicksburg, maybe some day we can meet up somewhere in between.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

There is a track in Monticello,everyone calls it Lucas but the actual name is Finish Line Dragstrip. Hooks up really good,just not as nice as Hub City.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hattiesburg here....lots of time spent at HUB CITY..
Old 06-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Kazfan30 I talked to you last weekend at Hub did you get your problem figured out?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jamnut
Brad, where the fork have you been!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see that you are still posting somewhere. Shoot me a P.M. some time, I don't come to this forum that much any more. Katrina wiped me out & sent me up north, so I'm now living a little to the west of Vicksburg, maybe some day we can meet up somewhere in between.

yo jamnutz just been on corral since i got banned from ls2.. yeah the katrina BS blows man.. but we'll have to get together and hit a track before long! the turbo car is finished..(little rough now since it hit the wall) needs paint.. but i sold the chevy II and have decided to build a pro mod..
Old 06-19-2006, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wmcrn
i don't think prentiss has one, unless they recently built one. the only ones i know of are in hattiesburg and greenville. i live in hattiesburg, give us a post if you come down to Htown.
prentiss does have a 1/4 mile track... it hooks great, but it is in the middle of nowhere and it takes just as long to get there as it does to get to hub city coming from the jackson area i believe
Old 06-20-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls-who
yo jamnutz just been on corral since i got banned from ls2.. yeah the katrina BS blows man.. but we'll have to get together and hit a track before long! the turbo car is finished..(little rough now since it hit the wall) needs paint.. but i sold the chevy II and have decided to build a pro mod..
Can't wait to see what you come up with. After the Formy got flooded I picked me up a little Turbo Truck myself. The formy will be back, just not as a true street car. I'll be one of those ******** that drive a race car on the street.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jamnut
I'll be one of those ******** that drive a race car on the street.
i know a few of them myself
Old 06-20-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
i know a few of them myself
Hoping to be one also if thunder ever finishes the car I am on week 13 of waiting. We need to plan out a get together one saturday with all the locals here in Hattiesburg at hub or just to meet up and hang to talk shop.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

fine by me, i wish people got together every weekend, i live at the boguechitto river, all of yall should take a cruise down here one weekend and go tubbin on the river. few good lookin women out there on weekends
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Default Who else is left in NOLA?

So I was looking at No Problem but it looks like a bit of a drive for me from New Orleans. Is there a drag strip in Gulfport? It might be slightly closer.... So where do the F-bodies meet up in NOLA? I've seen some cruising around, but haven't seen anything about any clubs or spots around here. If anybody is going to any races this summer let me know cause I want to run my car (it's been way too long) but it'd be nice to have a couple cars to take the over an hour cruise to No Problem Raceway. I just moved here, clue the new guy in!

Abe

Oh yeah, sorry for the thread jack! I know.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

youd have much better luck if you posted a new topic askin for people in the new orleans area
Old 06-21-2006, 06:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TransAmAbe
So I was looking at No Problem but it looks like a bit of a drive for me from New Orleans. Is there a drag strip in Gulfport? It might be slightly closer.... So where do the F-bodies meet up in NOLA? I've seen some cruising around, but haven't seen anything about any clubs or spots around here. If anybody is going to any races this summer let me know cause I want to run my car (it's been way too long) but it'd be nice to have a couple cars to take the over an hour cruise to No Problem Raceway. I just moved here, clue the new guy in!

Abe

www.gulfportdragway.com

There are a few really quick LSx's on the coast that run @ Gulfport, be prepared for some of the worse track prep you've ever seen, but still a great time.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransAmAbe

Abe

Nobody hangs out in New Orleans unless you live there. We are scarred to be shot by either the locals or the National gaurd,

Sorry, for the dark humor in light of recent happenings.

I am from the New orleans area originally, long time ago. I couldn't even imagine where people go now but they used to go to a place called Almonaster. Which is in the New orleans east / chalmete area. Oh and I think Hanes Blvd if I remember right.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Getav8
Nobody hangs out in New Orleans unless you live there. We are scarred to be shot by either the locals or the National gaurd,

Sorry, for the dark humor in light of recent happenings.

I am from the New orleans area originally, long time ago. I couldn't even imagine where people go now but they used to go to a place called Almonaster. Which is in the New orleans east / chalmete area. Oh and I think Hanes Blvd if I remember right.
yea, almonaster is just accross the "green bridge" as it was know but it has been painted grey by michoud blvd and the NASA assembly facility, it is dead out that way, especially now
Old 09-09-2006, 04:17 AM
On The Tree

West of Tuscaloosa AL and about 30mi east of Columbus MS
Old 09-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Teching In

COlumbus here...never hit the tracks though
Old 09-14-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Jackson in da house...
Canton has a pretty descent track, but its only 1/8 mile. Byram has one also, but its less than a 1/8. Either one will do for test and tune. Canton has a lot Outlaw drag races.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SuperC1
Jackson in da house...
Canton has a pretty descent track, but its only 1/8 mile. Byram has one also, but its less than a 1/8. Either one will do for test and tune. Canton has a lot Outlaw drag races.
Canton doesn't hook for anything. I have been there a lot. Byram is way too short, its not even an 1/8th. I dont know if you have been to Prentiss, but its a great track. Hooks awesome, but the shutdown room is a little short in my opinion. Its a fairly long drive there though. Its only a little shorter to go there than it is to go to Hattiesburg I think.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SeriousPWRTRIP
Canton doesn't hook for anything. I have been there a lot. Byram is way too short, its not even an 1/8th. I dont know if you have been to Prentiss, but its a great track. Hooks awesome, but the shutdown room is a little short in my opinion. Its a fairly long drive there though. Its only a little shorter to go there than it is to go to Hattiesburg I think.
Well I've been to both and can dead hook on either one of them. I thought Byram was a little short too until I seen a few 4 second passes being made. So I figure if a pro mod car can stop then I know a car with a motor half that size can.

Quick Reply: mississippi members?