Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Pics From My Wedding/Honeymoon.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Unless you have a boat, a bar, or a biz its tough to make a living down there..labor is dirt cheep..
..or an airplane. a Corvetteforum member is a pilot living in Nassau. very cool guy.

looks like you are having fun.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:19 AM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks incredible man, I don't know ya but congrats!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man you and tracy are awsome people. Looks like you had a really good time. Steveo
Old 06-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00HARDZ28
Congrats man you and tracy are awsome people. Looks like you had a really good time. Steveo
Thanks Steve-o!

Also, thanks everyone for the blessings and kind words. Tracy was happy when she read the responses.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Josh, Thanks again for the invite to your reception yesterday. Kim and I had a good time....now its time to get the twins on that hawk ASAP!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BadAzz96Z28
Hey Josh, Thanks again for the invite to your reception yesterday. Kim and I had a good time....now its time to get the twins on that hawk ASAP!
You're both welcome. Thanks so much for the wedding gifts. They'll come in handy on the turbo install. Tracy loves the picture frame too; we found th perfect spot on the wall for it.

I'm going to get my LT1 car tuned up today, and once it's in good shape I'm going to start tearing down the Firehawk. I guess I should start with the in-tank fuel pump...

Then tear off the headers 2nd so I can sell them for fuel injectors....

I can't wait to fire this thing up two weeks from now.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you better get to work....gonna drop it out the bottom?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cablebandit
you better get to work....gonna drop it out the bottom?
On the fuel tank there are two ways. The correct way is to remove the tank, but to do that I'd have to cut my muffler off (SLP welded the entire thing) or remove the whole rear axle to take the exhaust out as one unit. Then I'd be able to remove the tank.

Or I could remove the t-top holder in the trunk and pull back the carpet in order to cut an access panel. That way I could have the whole fuel pump install done in about 2 hours....

I'm not sure which way is best.

I just took a few pics...

Most bags were numbered by the previous owner so I can identify the items according to the instructions.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Ive known people that have done the "access panel" to the back but just for safety reasons/peace of mind i wouldnt recommend it. i dont think i would want a easy access to GAS in case of a fire in the car...ya know.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

nice lookin kit btw josh....
Old 07-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Banned

^^^ Thanks, and thanks on the caution. ~Joshua
Old 07-03-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
^^^ Thanks, and thanks on the caution. ~Joshua
i mean ive never heard of anybody ever having a problem with it....but personally it just leaves a hole into the passenger compartment for flames to come through....could take away the few moments you had to get out in case of a bad wreck.... IMO....

what you could do....

take a sawzall (sp?) and cut the muffler off where you can get the pipe and the muffler out without having to drop the rear....then while its out...take it and have a 3bolt flange welded on to put it back on incase you ever have to go into the tank again.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

so does this mean everything will have to be repolished after its actually worked on!? what a shame
Old 07-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zlover129
so does this mean everything will have to be repolished after its actually worked on!? what a shame
The engine will look the same. This kit bolts on to the existing engine. The "bling" will now have some more "zing."
Old 07-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLKWS6
what you could do....

take a sawzall (sp?) and cut the muffler off where you can get the pipe and the muffler out without having to drop the rear....then while its out...take it and have a 3bolt flange welded on to put it back on incase you ever have to go into the tank again.
My plan (if I take the easy way) is to cut the panel, then fab up a couple of tabs to use as a flange. Then drill a couple holes through the flange/panel/recieving area of the trunk area and secure the panel back in place. Plus I always keep a 10 pound fire extinguisher behind the passenger seat. I've always been worried about the consequences of the unknown.

Last edited by FIREHAWK#608; 07-03-2006 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Spelling :P
Old 07-04-2006, 07:09 AM
9 Second Club

i'd do the access panel. B1er did it...was very hesitant to cut his car but now is so glad he did it that way. I actually meant are you gonna drop the motor from the bottom...install the kit and then put it back in.
I am about to go work on mine now. I am really at a standstill until i get my motor mounts/turbos.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cablebandit
i'd do the access panel. B1er did it...was very hesitant to cut his car but now is so glad he did it that way. I actually meant are you gonna drop the motor from the bottom...install the kit and then put it back in.
I am about to go work on mine now. I am really at a standstill until i get my motor mounts/turbos.
I'm gonna leave the engine right where it is. I'm gonna do everything per the instructions.

I'm not going to use the upgraded scavenge pump or fuel pressure regulator because I don't have the fittings and I'm not sure how to retro-fit them into the mix.

I'm going to follow the instructions, get the hang of it all, and the next time around I can do things another way. I've never dropped an engine and I don't want to mess with it (learning curve) plus being in a small one car garage (no room to have the engine out of the car) also I don't have an engine hoist to hold the car.

What have you settled on concerning the turbos?
Old 07-04-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

joshua!!!!! hey did you pm me back, i havent gotten any of the replys lately to what ive sent out, like the last 20 messages
Old 07-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CNVRTmyZ
joshua!!!!! hey did you pm me back, i havent gotten any of the replys lately to what ive sent out, like the last 20 messages
Give me a call on my cell phone.
I havn't gotten any pm's from ya. I'm going out right now to see if I fixed my LT1. ~Joshua
Old 07-04-2006, 02:52 PM
9 Second Club

Yikes Josh...installing the turbos is harder than dropping a ls1 from the bottom. Oh well.....I tried. Remember the kit was originally fabbed on a camaro....the firebird is a little different. I and Mike Brown had to shave a little off of the block by one of the starter bolts to clear the wastegate properly. The air intakes dont mount exactly where they show but its no biggie...just move them an inch. I never could figure out where the damn horn goes. Oh, I had to shave part of my front bumper cover and parking lights to clear the intercoolers. Lemme know when you start...I may ride up. Mine is basically sitting waiting for motormounts so I can set it back in the k-member and then i'll need to reassemble the turbos/manifolds when they get back. Still shooting for the 16th-18th as a drive day.

I sent my turbos to blouch turbo...they got em Friday. He said 3-5 days so I figure they should ship Monday. He is going to try to fit the -12 cartridges in my housings...55lb/min flow...if they wont fit he will do the -11 turbos like you have...flow 50lb/min. The real limit will be the housings....I think I can get 850rwhp out of them....maybe more but counting on 850.

Quick Reply: Pics From My Wedding/Honeymoon.