Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Hattiesburg get together this saturday

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TARZAN
We could all meet up somewhere on the 18th, perferably somewhere with food lol. I know the Sonic in Oak Grove is a decent size, and we could have spill over parking in the lil shopping center behind it....Whatcha think guys?

-Will
Then or the 11th would be good to.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Kazfan sorry I didn't go out last friday but it was still raining around 7 so I figured no one went.

If you did go how did it turn out for ya?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

we need a meet sometime for sure. i *should* have my transmission back from Nelson Temple tomorrow evening and be ready for the trip to aberdeen saturday. i would like to go to hub, but if they are enforcing the safety rules then i don't know if i wanna pay $20+ to make one pass.....
Old 08-11-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSwanner
we need a meet sometime for sure. i *should* have my transmission back from Nelson Temple tomorrow evening and be ready for the trip to aberdeen saturday. i would like to go to hub, but if they are enforcing the safety rules then i don't know if i wanna pay $20+ to make one pass.....

I am still game lets figure it out.

I heard hub is preety easy going.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Getav8
I am still game lets figure it out.

I heard hub is preety easy going.

well 2 of my friends went down, and were asked to not run again untill they had proper safety equipment..... helment, cage....

it was on a sunday too
Old 08-12-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

well 2 of my friends went down, and were asked to not run again untill they had proper safety equipment..... helment, cage....

it was on a sunday too

Yea but what were they running? I would assume they would be cool within reason. But if your boys are running low elevens are better a cage isn't out of the question. I would think at least a helmet once you are mid twelves are better. That is being easy on people. the rules are tighter than that.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Launching!

A few of my friends run low 11's and all they gotta have is a helmet.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Did you get that thing back yet ?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:05 AM
10 Second Club

Did you get that thing back yet ?

yea it went to aberdeen, ms saturday (drove it up there & back) i lost 2nd gear somewhere on the way up but it runs pretty damn well going from low to high. kinda like a glide i think the jw valvebody is causing the problem, i'm probably gonna get a king transbrake v-body for it. then i will leave off the brake at 4k+ on the 200shot
Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, im just about ready for a meetup, i finally just about got things together, now have a/c, power steering, full interior and a radio again, sooooooooooooooo much nicer to drive now, just waiting on my transmission
Old 08-15-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
well, im just about ready for a meetup, i finally just about got things together, now have a/c, power steering, full interior and a radio again, sooooooooooooooo much nicer to drive now, just waiting on my transmission

sounds good, what are you having done to the trans? and what are you expecting it to run at the track with all of this luxury stuff added?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds good, what are you having done to the trans? and what are you expecting it to run at the track with all of this luxury stuff added?
new trans will all 6 gears, the proshifted one with 4 speeds sucks on the street, lol

adding heads soon so should still run same thing
Old 08-15-2006, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

new trans will all 6 gears, the proshifted one with 4 speeds sucks on the street, lol

adding heads soon so should still run same thing

i hear ya big man i wish you could help me set up my suspension a little, one of my rear qa1's won't adjust, its stuck on 0
Old 08-17-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

I have been missing the power steering lately. Ever since the manual rack went in it just doesnt feel the same. The tires rub when in a full turn even with spacers and the steering wheel shakes like crazy.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

I have been missing the power steering lately. Ever since the manual rack went in it just doesnt feel the same. The tires rub when in a full turn even with spacers and the steering wheel shakes like crazy.

i know how you feel. i got a little crazy when mine was waiting on the 9" and i took the p/s off. needless to say after the first test drive, it went back on..... that night
Old 08-18-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

i know how you feel. i got a little crazy when mine was waiting on the 9" and i took the p/s off. needless to say after the first test drive, it went back on..... that night
I am fine with the turning, it is all the problems that came up with the adding of the manual rack that has me down.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Second Club

I am fine with the turning, it is all the problems that came up with the adding of the manual rack that has me down.

like what? my problem was backing out of my driveway with 28x10.5's and the spool (its kinda tight, there is kumho rubber on one side where the inside tire is backing out..) and it felt like i was gonna break the steering wheel or column trying to turn it

gimme a call, we need to do some racing around here
Old 08-20-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

like what? my problem was backing out of my driveway with 28x10.5's and the spool (its kinda tight, there is kumho rubber on one side where the inside tire is backing out..) and it felt like i was gonna break the steering wheel or column trying to turn it

gimme a call, we need to do some racing around here

Well the steering wheel shakes like crazy and even with spacers the front rims rub on the tie rods when you make hard turns.

I am proably going to the track today. dont think I will run the car since I don"t even have a helmet but you never know.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Well the steering wheel shakes like crazy and even with spacers the front rims rub on the tie rods when you make hard turns.

I am proably going to the track today. dont think I will run the car since I don"t even have a helmet but you never know.

yea i know what ya mean. i will have mine all back together this weekend for sure, were having a little street shootout. everyone puts in $10 and winner takes all
Old 08-20-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

yea i know what ya mean. i will have mine all back together this weekend for sure, were having a little street shootout. everyone puts in $10 and winner takes all

Whens that gonna take place.

Quick Reply: Hattiesburg get together this saturday