Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like fun Gib. When is the spray going on?

Oh I took my car out to the street races this weekend just to put some miles on her. Still no tune or anything but I did get 1 kill . A nice 347 supercharged mustang by a few cars from a dig. I found out that the 6 speed doesn't like these 3.23 gears, but my tires love them .
Old 03-23-2009, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the reason i looked pissed off in that pic was because I was ready to spray it and when i turned the bottle on the feed line was arcing off the battery cable and k member and caught fire so i had to yank it out of the car real quick. So no nitrous passes like I wanted to make. Im getting me another feed line and I will be ready to leave out on a 150 shot at the Hustle vs Muscle shoot out. Other than that the car done pretty good on the motor, hell even being a 6 speed car it looked like i was out there bracket racing it. I made 4 back - back 7.5x passes. It was leaving pretty hard after I started doing the 5000 rpm clutch dump. That 9" is awesome
Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I would be pissed too if my car almost burnt down.

What is this Hustle vs. Muscle Shootout you speak of?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 6SSPEED

What is this Hustle vs. Muscle Shootout you speak of?
Two day import vs domestic event for charity. Dyno day one day, 1/4 mile race the next.

Topic
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Teching In

so gib, are we gonna have to have a fundraiser to get you a fire extinguisher for that car. It's lookin like it would be a good investment.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firefightergib
Im getting me another feed line and I will be ready to leave out on a 150 shot at the Hustle vs Muscle shoot out.
You did see the rule change about the tire sizes didnt you?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2k1bird
Yup, was hoping it didn't buy them just for the event.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Skillet
Yup, was hoping it didn't buy them just for the event.
I was just giving him the heads up...he's got a good set of tires, but didn't know if they were metric (?) or not.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

yeah i saw it, i guess im just screwed cause im not going to go buy another set, ive bought enough stuff lately, ill just drive the car up there and bust everyone up there and then drive it back home and never change the tires that on it.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

yeah i saw it, i guess im just screwed cause im not going to go buy another set, ive bought enough stuff lately, ill just drive the car up there and bust everyone up there and then drive it back home and never change the tires that on it.
I wouldn't expect anyone to buy anything specifically for this event. I really don't think there were will enough FWD cars to make a difference. I thought the DOT tire for RWD and AWD would be enough but apparently not.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

I wouldn't expect anyone to buy anything specifically for this event. I really don't think there were will enough FWD cars to make a difference. I thought the DOT tire for RWD and AWD would be enough but apparently not.
I'm interested to know where you found a 1000 rwhp car around here...What is it? TT Vette, Viper? I heard that slot got filled for the rwd but I'm not even sure I've ever heard of anything around here street legal putting down that much power...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

The 1000HP Vette backed out. I don't even know if he made the numbers or not, just what he said. There is a TT 383 Z06 in Huntsville that Vengeance just finished. It dynoed a little over 800 through an auto on 14psi. Still waiting to hear back from him.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

All this race talk has me wanting to finish my car. I need to get the nitrous finished and do a little tuning for the 150 shot.

When you hurt the guy's feelings in that viper, if he whines that your car is a straight drag car w/ the 9" and all, I'll put it on him in street trim

I really need a clutch and updated hydraulics...now that the bike is done for awhile, I may go ahead and finish it up if I can decide which clutch to go with that'll hold around 5-600 hp without spending a grand on it.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 1000HP Vette backed out. I don't even know if he made the numbers or not, just what he said. There is a TT 383 Z06 in Huntsville that Vengeance just finished. It dynoed a little over 800 through an auto on 14psi. Still waiting to hear back from him.

Was it a yellow c6Z06?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

yeah you need to finish the car, go ahead and buy you a clutch and we can have it put in the car in about a hour. Hell get it done and maybe you can drive your car to the track on may 3rd and race those imports that will be on full slicks. Maybe ill be done with a few tricks up my sleeve by then and run low 10s on my D.O.T. hoosiers. even though it will just be for fun
Old 03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, low 10's? You must be upping the shot a lil bit over 150 aren't you? That car is reacting well to the mods you've added.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah you need to finish the car, go ahead and buy you a clutch and we can have it put in the car in about a hour. Hell get it done and maybe you can drive your car to the track on may 3rd and race those imports that will be on full slicks. Maybe ill be done with a few tricks up my sleeve by then and run low 10s on my D.O.T. hoosiers. even though it will just be for fun
You two homos cant have a clutch put in less than 4hrs. Ive seen how ya'll work. Poochie would get some help on that clutch install but he didnt show for mine that day.

Low 10's in the 1/8th? Hope you got about $2gs extra Thats what its gona take to get that pile in the low 10's. JK!!! If you did heads/FAST 90 then the bottle you'd be under the 10.40 range I would think

All this race talk has me wanting to finish my car. I need to get the nitrous finished and do a little tuning for the 150 shot.
And guess who's going to be tunning it now!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
but he didnt show for mine that day.

And guess who's going to be tunning it now!
I didn't show up to help with your clutch b/c I've been here in Auburn. Hell, I've told you before to call me if you needed any help and never heard from you...except for all that whining you did about the adj. master awhile back

Gibson won't be tuning it for me lol. I already heard you sold it to him.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't show up to help with your clutch b/c I've been here in Auburn. Hell, I've told you before to call me if you needed any help and never heard from you...except for all that whining you did about the adj. master awhile back

Gibson won't be tuning it for me lol. I already heard you sold it to him.

Yeah thats the time. It was back before I sold my car when I was swapping out that slave. You were supposed to be on your way but I finished before I even heard you werent coming. lol

Dont doubt your brother and his tunning skills. Lets just hope he doesnt tune like he adds parts to his car. Upside down, inside out, duct taped, zip tied etc. I had to sell it to him, he was about to get screwed, He was going to buy another guys then have to turn around and pay to add a license so he came out cheaper anyways. Plus Im scared to touch that car anymore its possesed.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

I may go ahead and finish it up if I can decide which clutch to go with that'll hold around 5-600 hp without spending a grand on it.
You might as well spend the money once so you won't have to do it again.

Originally Posted by OMGWTFBODY
Was it a yellow c6Z06?

No idea, but it was Eddie who said he made that power and was going to dyno until his work schedule changed.

Quick Reply: central and north alabama