Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

central and north alabama

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had a good time. nice meeting all you guys. alot did show up more than i thought.
i still only put down 360 and still having problems. i give up...lol back to the drawing board.
that guy with the blue t/a put down 390. he said he had a 232/244...i noticed he had ls6 heads too. i wouldve thought he put down more than that with the heads too.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just think its that dyno, its always spitting out low numbers. Something might be up with that cam you have. I believe it needs some more lift with that duration.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang, sounds like there was another Fbody meet going on.

Something is defiantly up. I doubt its the cam with his issues. Did you get any of them sorted out? You could just sell that cam, and buy one you know that is proven. Like the MS3, MS4, F13, F14 and etc. Car should be making close if not 400 to the wheels. My cam only, stalled auto made 357 so there is something defiantly up.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Ya same thing i told him was to sale his and get the MS3 or MS4 which is bout the same duration hes got now but with more lift. I would think that with one of those cams that car will wake up.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Alright guys some thoughts just ran threw my mind LOL check this out

+

+

Now this would be fun LOL.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

Theres actaully a video over on streetfire of a civic with a leaf blower on it. I cant remember the gains though. It did pick up some power, not much but some.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i did some thinking this weekend. i think im gonna order an ms3 today. ms4 looks nice too but it has much higher lift...and i really dont want change those springs out again. the 2 are close in power gain anyway.

i think what i happening is that cam is such an odd grind, it has so much overlap, and scott is just having a hard time tuning it.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FL Junkie
yeah i did some thinking this weekend. i think im gonna order an ms3 today. ms4 looks nice too but it has much higher lift...and i really dont want change those springs out again. the 2 are close in power gain anyway.

i think what i happening is that cam is such an odd grind, it has so much overlap, and scott is just having a hard time tuning it.
Good thought Matt lemme know if you need any help or anything ill be more than happy. I need the practice anyways bc my cam will be here shortly. The MS3 is a great choice and i believe it will make the difference your looking for.

The 400hp point is only a call to TSP away.

Vann: Ya i thought it would be funny as hell to hook up the leaf blower to a toggle switch inside the car so i could turn it on whenever. I would use the y pipe so that i could also keep a lil cone filter hooked up so that the blower didn't need to be on at all times.
I saw that video your referring to i think the civic they did it on picked up like 10-20HP LOL. which is 50% power increase on the ole yota.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol...i might need a leaf blower to break 400 on walker dyno.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

What ya'll think of the idea? I think i might break into the 60hp range . I need Vtak LOL
Old 01-08-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

me and john installed my ls6 intake today. It wasnt that bad. it took about 40 min to have everything off the car. After that it took a little longer because i dremel the ridges off the bottom and then went to the parts store to try and buy a new clip that i had broke. All together from the time i started till the time i finished it took about 2 hours and 45 mins. Which i dont think is to bad to be my first time to do it.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Well?? Can you tell a big difference?? Your going to have to go back to the track and tell me the difference! I might go too.....

Originally Posted by firefightergib
me and john installed my ls6 intake today. It wasnt that bad. it took about 40 min to have everything off the car. After that it took a little longer because i dremel the ridges off the bottom and then went to the parts store to try and buy a new clip that i had broke. All together from the time i started till the time i finished it took about 2 hours and 45 mins. Which i dont think is to bad to be my first time to do it.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Ya is there a seat of the pants feeling or what? I would like to know bc im wanting to buy one.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

i would say a little bit, feels a little bit more torque. i will have to take it to the track to see what i can get it to do.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

Tell me when you are going, and i think me and some guys from Arab will go.

i would say a little bit, feels a little bit more torque. i will have to take it to the track to see what i can get it to do.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:04 AM
On The Tree

He means, it's hard to tell a sotp difference when you hit it and fishtail out from a stop sign through 1st and halfway through second

You can defintely tell it breathes a little better through the midrange and up top. It took us over 2 hours to do, but we had the ls1 intake off in 30 minutes. That was so much easier to do than I thought it was going to be. It took longer to dremel the bottom of the intake for the coolant lines than anything else I think. It would be a pain doing it on an f-body though. The way his hood opens made things MUCH easier.

Speaking of the track, are there even any open now? It hasn't been too long since Steele closed to work on the track I think...anyone know if any of the other tracks are open yet?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Prolly want notice a huge difference between the two on a stock motor. If you had a cam and headers in there you'd tell more of a difference.

Its not bad on a Fbody. The PITA part is there a 5bolts that dont come out due to being under the firewall. I just use some small zip ties on them to hold them up to silde the intake out.

Not sure when steele will open back up. I checked their website but it didnt say anything about 07. This year Chilton County drag strip is starting to run 1/4, I have a buddy that lives down there so Im going to hit that one a couple times this year.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

I am freaking bored out of my mind!!! This stupids statbucks crap in the mornings is boring . At 10:30 i go back to my service technician job and atleast i get to walk around LOL.

Im hoping to get me a LS6 intake soon to go along with my cam im getting soon, if TSP will hurry up and ship it. I called them yesterday and they said that their waiting on my tit. retainers and thats it. I was hoping to see it this week but im starting to doubt it.

Also got my torque converter sent back to PTC yesterday so they chould recieve it today sometime. So i might see it maybe thursday or friday .
Old 01-09-2007, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bjamick
I am freaking bored out of my mind!!! This stupids statbucks crap in the mornings is boring . At 10:30 i go back to my service technician job and atleast i get to walk around LOL.

Im hoping to get me a LS6 intake soon to go along with my cam im getting soon, if TSP will hurry up and ship it. I called them yesterday and they said that their waiting on my tit. retainers and thats it. I was hoping to see it this week but im starting to doubt it.

Also got my torque converter sent back to PTC yesterday so they chould recieve it today sometime. So i might see it maybe thursday or friday .
I feel your pain daily. LOL.

At least your making some progress.

Quick Reply: central and north alabama