Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

best place for a header and true dual installation in S.C. area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMTOM
BE very careful on who you have you do the work. If the shop hasn't done this kind of installs several times and doesn't have a dyno to tune it in don't go there. the ones I know of.

tomtom
You dont need a tune for headers.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would just do the headers yourself. All you need is jackstands that will let you get the front high off the ground and a 10mm racheting wrench. Its takes around 6 hours to do. Just take your time, its not a very hard job.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TOMTOM
BE very careful on who you have you do the work. If the shop hasn't done this kind of installs several times and doesn't have a dyno to tune it in don't go there. There really aren't that many shops around that can do it. To have it done right you are going to have to pay more than youn want and drive a little further than you would like.
The ones I know of are in NC,GA,TN. Contact be directly and i will give you the ones I know of.

tomtom

I have to disagree with this statement. Look at all the people on here who have NEVER done a header install and have theirs come out with a problem. The header install is as simple as taking one thing off and putting something else in its place. Its an exact bolt up, you dont even need to fab anything.

As the majority of the people here will tell you, a dyno is not NEEDED to tune. It can be helpful, but then again if its a Dynojet, its not going to be right anyway as soon as you hit the street.

My suggestion on how to choose your shop is not by the number of installs they have done. I know a few shops who have done 5 motor rebuilds, and all the motors seem to blow in a week. Do you want to take it to a shop like that? My suggestion would be to ask if they guarantee their work, What their price is? and what do you get for that work.

Header install is not rocket science, the tune might take a little research but with enough time and knowledge you can do it all if you wanted to.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if you havent got them done yet DO go with Williams Performance. Nick and Bob do awesome work and are very realible. I wouldnt let anyone else touch my car. Also if you need a tune at some point, Nick's tuning is A-plus.