Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Performance Shop (Louisiana)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Next time ask us. Madman is just now putting the finishing touches on a twin turbo LT1 that is making a lot of power. We also are building a ProCharged CTS-V that is pretty serious. We are regularly doing VERY serious work here. With Brian here, fabricating turbo kits, etc. is something we are perfectly capable of doing.
thanks for the reply, I like to spend a few mins next week and chat with you, I called 3 to 4 times got voice mail but no call back
Old 01-21-2007, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

I just picked my car up from FMS Wednesday and could not be happier with it. If I do not do the work myself Allan is the only one touching my car. I will tell you this much as far as tuning with anyone make sure you tell them what you want (shiftpoints, rev limits, idle, etc.). To many people bring it get tuned and then are upset because they assumed tuning would modify certain things it did not change. For the best tune it is a little bit of back and fourth, because there are so many variables things can get easily missed. Allan has done a lot of trucks over there and Terry, who works for Allan, personally has a truck and is has a lot of knowledge about them. Good luck with what choice you make.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by shakesvho
thanks for the reply, I like to spend a few mins next week and chat with you, I called 3 to 4 times got voice mail but no call back

Sorry if we didn't get the phone. It seems to be a problem for a lot of people lately (including us) that there are more phone calls than can be handled in a day. If you call (225)754-7223 Ext. 330 that goes straight to my office phone or my voicemail if I am not in my office (which is most of the time). Either try that or if you get a live person I can be paged. If you leave a message I will try to get back with you, although it might be a day or so depending on what I have going in the shop at the time. I do return all of my phone messages though.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sigforty
I just picked my car up from FMS Wednesday and could not be happier with it. If I do not do the work myself Allan is the only one touching my car. I will tell you this much as far as tuning with anyone make sure you tell them what you want (shiftpoints, rev limits, idle, etc.). To many people bring it get tuned and then are upset because they assumed tuning would modify certain things it did not change. For the best tune it is a little bit of back and fourth, because there are so many variables things can get easily missed. Allan has done a lot of trucks over there and Terry, who works for Allan, personally has a truck and is has a lot of knowledge about them. Good luck with what choice you make.
thanks for the reply, I see your point about working with a local shop, I'm feeling going out of state is a no no, I'm going to check out both shops, again thanks

ps nice vetts
Old 01-22-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Geoff
Sorry if we didn't get the phone. It seems to be a problem for a lot of people lately (including us) that there are more phone calls than can be handled in a day. If you call (225)754-7223 Ext. 330 that goes straight to my office phone or my voicemail if I am not in my office (which is most of the time). Either try that or if you get a live person I can be paged. If you leave a message I will try to get back with you, although it might be a day or so depending on what I have going in the shop at the time. I do return all of my phone messages though.
thanks for the info, I've been to your shop years ago with a friend, nice folks
I'll tried to get with you this week or next to go over what I'm looking to do I hope to start in the next 3 months, so I like to start ordering parts in 2 months

Quick Reply: Performance Shop (Louisiana)