Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

One Less Hardtop SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00HARDZ28
I dont live there I work up there and drive the dam road all the time. Still tryin to figure out who I keep seen so many damn people with f bodys on that road.
Well I've seen your car (or the twin car) pull out of a neighborhood a couple times (Branden Hill or something). I was just curious who it was cause it sounded pretty damn good.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Well considering I've driven many other cars with the same size tires in even worse conditions at higher rates of speed, I didn't really find this to be so bad. It actually had just started to rain (about 10 minutes before I left). I just happened to hit a dip in the road that was collecting water. No sense in blaming this on me. And it wasn't like I was running on bald drag radials or anything. I was using normal street tires with about 20-30K more miles left on them. I just hit a fair amount of water. Thanks for the support and your wise words oh Godly driver.
And if you were going slower, you may have been able to save it. Thank you for proving my point. Oh and BTW How was recommending you slow down for shitty conditions say I'm a godly driver? You seem to be very confident in your driving abilities yourself.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

are you geting another f-body?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroz
And if you were going slower, you may have been able to save it. Thank you for proving my point. Oh and BTW How was recommending you slow down for shitty conditions say I'm a godly driver? You seem to be very confident in your driving abilities yourself.

He had his wits together enough and had the skill to get the cars impact on the rear instead of the front..Michael Shumacher and other great drivers have lost it on the track and on the street..we are all humans and **** happens that is why we all have insurance..I have over a hundred thousand miles on my car with 275s/315s and owned other hot rods with fat tires for decades and never have had a hydroplane situation that I could not handle ...but that does not mean it cannot happen to me in the future I drive my cars rain or shine..sheeeeeit happens.. major props to spazzfry for probably saving his life by being able to react to the situation and make the best out of a bad event .. .. a lot of drivers would just hang on and close their eyes till they hit something ..

Last edited by slt200mph; 02-15-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

^ in or during a high speed spin u have no controll its a matter of luck u may have the break but over all u have one chance to set the car going right.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

I'm sorry, it's just that my car was my pride and joy and it's a very touchy subject. And I was already going 10 under in conditions that weren't extremely bad, I was having mini vans and such blow past me going at least 20 faster than I, so the conditions weren't that bad. It was just a constant rain and I already felt that I was over-exaggerating my safely driving (as did others as they would honk and flash their lights as they passed me). I'm not trying to argue or anything, I just feel that I did everything in the best of my ability given the situation and am thankful that I had enough sense to spin the car around from a head-on.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mattraypharbor
are you geting another f-body?
I doubt it. I would like to, but I really don't think I could find another that was in as great of condition as mine for a reasonable price. I'm trying to part out the car right now though so it can equal out if I buy the car back so I can get the motor and tranny for a project car.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

**** the other drivers! my Camaro doesn't like more than 30mph in snow... 45mph zones and people will come flying up on me and ride my *** in ice and snow. I say **** other drives I like keeping myself and car safe. For the special people who feel they need to ride my *** in there SUV's thinking there invincible with 4wd and what not I'll drop it to 25mph .
Old 02-15-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

**** the other drivers! my Camaro doesn't like more than 30mph in snow... 45mph zones and people will come flying up on me and ride my *** in ice and snow. I say **** other drives I like keeping myself and car safe. For the special people who feel they need to ride my *** in there SUV's thinking there invincible with 4wd and what not I'll drop it to 25mph .
Hahaha...Well now it's too late, but I guess I should have dropped in down another 10 and gone 35-40.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

why don't you get your sorry *** out of the thread? You have nothing good to offer, and are just trying to stir the pot.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hahaha...Well now it's too late, but I guess I should have dropped in down another 10 and gone 35-40.
I would have but I'm an *******.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Banned

Tyler, you're not reckless on the road. That car was mint, and it's a friggin' shame this had to happen to a good person.

This thread is for sympathy and well wishes. The other guy needs to zip-it and stop defending his statements.

Everyone's on your side Tyler, even if you don't get another f-body in the near future we all hope to see you 'round. ~Joshua
Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Completely agree with Josh...it's not like you were street racing and I know everyone has at least driven the speed limit while it was raining...saying you should have slowed down is retarded, and completely out of line. You were driving and you of all people know your car and the road conditions. Sounds like one of those "****" happens moments and I wouldn't sweat all the DRAMA.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ba78ta
why don't you get your sorry *** out of the thread? You have nothing good to offer, and are just trying to stir the pot.
Alright, Mr hardass. I'll leave now To the thread starter sorry about your SS.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the support guys. And yeah Josh, I'll still be around. I may not regular the technical forums as much, but I'll still pop in the Southern section all the time. I don't think an F-body is on order for me, my parents are wanting to get me a truck or an SUV...something to **** the environment right in the *** with its terrible gas mileage and the ability to run over buildings. I'll probably be driving the Jeep around for a while as I figure out what I'm going to do for a ride. I was thinking of a Silverado or a Tahoe to slam on the ground with those nice shiny wheel things. I like my inner gangsta to be shown at times. And hopefully we'll be able to sell the parts off of my car so I can buy the car back and take the motor and tranny. Either put that in the Jeep or have a fun little project car (I'm still smelling an RX-7...).
Old 02-15-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Oh yeah, when I get a chance, I need to come check out your new fly pad, Josh...
Old 02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

A couple of my buddies have nice lowered 01+ GM trucks and trust me you don't want that. I drove my buddies and every time I hit a slight imperfection in the road I was bouncing in the seat. He said never again he learned his lesson with lowered trucks
Old 02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned

Oh yeah, when I get a chance, I need to come check out your new fly pad, Josh...
Anytime bro, just let me know.

Last weekend I called Steve-o to the pad and I had a girl for each of us. It was a fun night. Pm and I'll post some x-rated pics (after I get home from work) of the two lesbos in bed together.

Here's a look out of my living room window...

Still got the money tree...
Old 02-15-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

That's a pretty pimp looking pool area you've got there. And good thing you've got that money tree...I always liked that thing

Just a little side note...I picked some AutoTraders and stuff today looking for a new ride and I saw your Firehawk in there. Best of luck!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

^^^ back at ya bro.... later, ~Joshua

Quick Reply: One Less Hardtop SS