Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Muffler Shops near Montgomery

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler Shops near Montgomery

Hey guys I'm a new member but I've had my WS6 since last summer. I am in the Air Force and stationed at Maxwell AFB for 6 weeks. Does anyone recommend a muffler shop near the area? I have Jet Hot LTs, a TSP Catted Y, and GMMG. There is a lot of rasp between 2-2800, and I was hoping to get a custom y made (maybe with a flowmaster y-merge) to eliminate the rasp. I've put up with the sound for about 2,000 miles, but now I want to fix it. Any help or other advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this question is in the wrong area, but this is my first post.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to tell you, but there is no muffler shop in montgomery that I would trust to make a custom Y-Pipe. You'd be better off learning to weld yourself and then doing it on base at the hobby shop.

The one local muffler shop that I actually used to go to did a custom Y-pipe for a friend of mine, and it looked like I mean, it looked like a crack addicted monkey with a blindfold on made it. There is NO WAY that it could have outflowed a stocker.

I would highly recommend seeing who in BIRMINGHAM can do it, or if you feel like a road trip, call Ron @ Vengeance Racing, and ask who he recommends in Georgia.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board, and the Southern Section. If you want to meet up and go cruising or to the track, just shoot me a PM.

I could always let you hear my car, then you might want True Duals.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

The Exhaust Shop and Morgan Performance Fabrication are south of Birmingham in North Shelby County. Both do excellent work. They're also less than 300 feet from each other. Exit 247 off of I-65 will get you there.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the responses guys. I will check out those shops and steer clear of Montgomery. I'm hoping to change my setup before I leave for Texas.

Quick Reply: Muffler Shops near Montgomery