Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Moving to Charlotte NC area...need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moving to Charlotte NC area...need help

I was just looking for some advice as to where to live. I know nothing about the areas. I'm leaving tomorrow to go back to Alabama for a couple of weeks, so tomorrow is the last day I will have to look.

Most of the areas I looked at houses today were kind of "sketchy" (looked at one house that was nice, but a house around the corner had ALL the windows broken out, and another had gang grafitti on it).

So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I want to feel safe, and have a place to keep the old camaro.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Stay away from Charlotte/Mecklenburg county, live either north or south of there. What city will you be working in?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Charlotte isn't a bad area at all. Check out the lake norman area (huntersville, cornelius, davidson) there isn't a place in any of those towns that i honestly dont feel safe. Consider matthews (east of charlotte), Mt. Holly (west of charlotte), concord (east/north of charlotte) Just all depends on where you are working and how far you want to drive.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

My house is for sale right outside Charlotte near Lake Norman. I have a two car garage and 2000 sq feet. House has a 6 foot privacy fence and natural areas in the front of the house and rear. It has 3 bedrooms and two and a half baths. Look up www.drhorton.com or caldwellstation.com. This is a very nice community to live in. If you interested at all give me a shout on PM's and I'll get you the MLS # of the house so you can view it.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Btw it's located off of 115 in Cornelius and the devlopment is called Caldwell Station
Old 07-19-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSPerformance
Stay away from Charlotte/Mecklenburg county, live either north or south of there. What city will you be working in?
I believe that. I just got back...what a kick in the nuts! My price range is kind of low, but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. We saw some nice houses, but the neighborhoods were terrible! One house was really nice, and the neighborhood seemed okay, but we turned the corner and on house had gang grafitti on the garage door and another house had EVERY window broken out. Another neighborhood was nice but the house needed TONS of work...and they were asking the same price as a house that needed no work.

But I did find a nice apartment with a garage, so I think I'm going to do that for the time being. At least until I learn the area and save up some money.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

Give more detail about what you price range is to purchase, what area in charlotte metro you'd like, what size house/condo/townhome you'd be interested in. I'm sure us natives could at least steer you in the right direction.
Originally Posted by fast377
I believe that. I just got back...what a kick in the nuts! My price range is kind of low, but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. We saw some nice houses, but the neighborhoods were terrible! One house was really nice, and the neighborhood seemed okay, but we turned the corner and on house had gang grafitti on the garage door and another house had EVERY window broken out. Another neighborhood was nice but the house needed TONS of work...and they were asking the same price as a house that needed no work.

But I did find a nice apartment with a garage, so I think I'm going to do that for the time being. At least until I learn the area and save up some money.