Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Stolen F-bodies Inside:

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah like Rabbit said, my Z got stolen right out of my driveway right next to my window, about 10 feet away from me. The weird thing is earlier that day, about 7:30 pm my car alarm went off, 2 honks and it stoped. I went out side to check it out and nothing wrong. Whats weird about that, my keyless entry is broken so I just use my keys to get into it. So how the hell did they get a keyless entry??? I know you have to program the keyless fob to YOUR vechicle,.....???? HOW IN THE ****???? These guys are out of control!!!!!!!! Blake let me know if you want the full story, Ill PM ya!
Old 04-05-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RedLS
Yeah like Rabbit said, my Z got stolen right out of my driveway right next to my window, about 10 feet away from me. The weird thing is earlier that day, about 7:30 pm my car alarm went off, 2 honks and it stoped. I went out side to check it out and nothing wrong. Whats weird about that, my keyless entry is broken so I just use my keys to get into it. So how the hell did they get a keyless entry??? I know you have to program the keyless fob to YOUR vechicle,.....???? HOW IN THE ****???? These guys are out of control!!!!!!!! Blake let me know if you want the full story, Ill PM ya!
good chance they wrote down your VIN at some time, then went to the dealer and ordered a new FOB. I know you can do that, and maybe even a key, but I doubt that.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SOMcockySS
thats why the sucker that tries to steal mine out of my driver will have to answer to my .45
NOBODY steals my f-body
You BETTER put that thing in a garage or take extra security precautions, they will get you. I sleep very close to my car, I can look at it right out of my bed. I have a loaded shot gun next to my bed, and if I would have woke up, someone would have got murdered. I did not hear ****, It freaks me out that some Mother ****** was stealing my car right in front of my face. Dont think they wont hit you, if its in your drive way block that sucker in, just do something.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

we use these on our tool trailers, I know its a pain to have to put them on but
you cant roll the car out a driveway with one on.
http://www.universalboot.com/ub/kit5000en.php
I keep mine in a locked garage, but took it out of town a few time and had to leave it at the hotel
I usually stick it at the front desk drop off. or bring one of these heavy PITA wheel locks.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was curious if this theft ring stealing all of the f-bodies has calmed down since last year this time or if things are still out of control?

Rob
Old 10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whatever happend to this ****??
Old 10-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Exclamation

yep, well this is another one you can add to the list of baton rouge F-bodies being stolen, last night "oct 5, 2008" my car was stolen in between times of 10:51p.m. and 11:45pm. f***** sucks dude. if you can help me out or end up seeing the car please call Baton Rouge Sherriffs office 225-389-5511 file # 08-74230. id really be thankful. the car is a 1998 chevy z28 silver with black rally stripes. license # PAB 119. i hope to god these people doing this is brought down so hard that they're heads spin. PLEASE if you have any info call the S.O. thank you guys for your time.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rob98LS1
Was curious if this theft ring stealing all of the f-bodies has calmed down since last year this time or if things are still out of control?

Rob
Not as bad as it was during the summer where it seemed like at least 1 a week was being taken, but it's still not much better...
Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump for another loss..

where are these parts going guys the drivetrains do have part numbers they have to be surfacing somewhere
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, parts have part numbers and what not, its the fact thtat the stupid f**kin cops around here are probably by far the least concerened people with the type of event that is taken place. its safe to say that i have a bad feeling that i just lost my pride and joy as well as the only thing aside from my family that matters to me. it sucks because i live in an apartment complex which i moved to on the basis that "we have up and running cameras as well as a 24 hour security officer on duty" so yeah, that makes me feel completly wonderful knowing that after all this happens, i go talk to the property directors and the cameras are not up and running as well as the officer that works our complex was nowhere to be found until an hour after its happened. man look guys if yall can help me out man, please do so. i think after talking to brian about the situation at hand here that the car will end up in New Orleans or one of the surrounding areas to more then likely be stripped out. if anyone has information that can help these cops out or help me out it would be greatly appreciated. this car was the first LS1 i got and was bought by me at the age of 18, now im 21 and have no pride and joy to enjoy with life. if you can HELP US IN LOUISIANA!!! if your having trouble understanding what we are going through, which it sounds like you guys do understand. its like having "in my eyes" your child getting ripped out your hands and it makes you basically all the time because you know that in the back of your head, 9 times out of 10 you wont see your car ever again and if you do itll end up shredding.

BRPD/NOPD turn around rate on stolen vehicles being recovered is 75%-85% why we keep falling in the wrong percentage? higher authority needs to get involved or theyre going to be dealing with a bunch of coonasses with rifles and pistols going find there cars.

thanks for the help in advance guys. you guys out here are great. any info will be greatly appreciated.

1998 camaro Z28
silver/black rally stripes
stock wheels
lisence plate # PAB 119
Old 10-07-2008, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

Ill throw my .02 cents in. I checked my carfax for fun and found out two months after I purchased it that someone tried to buy an engine using my vin and said the "vehicle had been totalled in an accident and required an engine black" I put a card over my VIN, did some research, bought those covers for all of the locks, and I look for cameras aimed at my car and park in the most visible lighted areas.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

First order of busniess I want to do when I get back from my deployment is get lo jack for both of our F-bodies. I know it's expensive.....but guess how much money we have in both F-bodies compared to the cost of lo jack and possibly losing the cars all together?

I think it's worth it. Maybe my insurance rates will go down a little hahahaha!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

yeah i hear the lo jack thing bro, it is a good idea. i guess it's highly unlikely that i'll see my z28 again but if i do and she is in the condition that she was taken in i'll be installing lo jack as well, and i guess if i have to buy another fbody itll have lo kack on it before its even moved to baton rouge. i sitll havent heard anything and we crossed to mark of 24 hours, so i guess its safe to say that my car will end up on the side of the road somewhere stripped. but hey i guess the brightside of the whole ordeal is that i have full coverage. still doesnt get me my baby back but atleast im not totally f*cked.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you need to set ur cars up where u will have to pull a fuse or something like this where they can not drive off in them without one, that would help some, also u could try this lol "http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Sexy-car-alarm_186292.htm", i also looked and saw that one of the theft pager alarms cost around $400, this would be great i am thinking about getting one myself.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

i talked to my insurance down here being if they find my car or i end up having to buy another one. lo jack will bring my rates down 25% and its basically what i guess you can say the best means of finding your car if its stolen, may cost alot but i think its worth it even if it doesnt happen again.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

did you purchase the silver Z28 with black stripes from Lafayette 3 years ago? it sounds familiar
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Eyes and Ears are open. I've seen several out there that shouldn't be (93 camaros with ls1 body parts, and t/a's too) Gonna do some stuff. I'll keep yall posted
Old 10-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Teching In

sucks about another f-body getting stolen from baton rouge. I had 2 friends loose their trans ams within a month of each other about 2 years ago. i dont know if this one is stolen or a member's here but there is a ls1 ss for sale on n. claiborne by the entrance to interstate coming from chalmette and the 9th ward. has there been and black ss stolen recently? maybe they did a vin switch?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Exclamation

actually yes, i bought the car around 3 years ago in lafayette from a cat that had it. it was the only one that i had saw that caught my eye and i liked alot, i hunted for 3months to find one that would i guess "connect" with me as weird as that sounds. and the way the car was just made me fall in love with it, first time i saw it i ended up loving it and got with him sometime later to purchase it.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

get a cheap roller and rig an explosive up so when they open the door it blows thier a$$ away.

Quick Reply: Stolen F-bodies Inside: