Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anybody know anything about a Caddy Northstar v8?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody know anything about a Caddy Northstar v8?

Before anybody says anything...no i did not buy a Cadillac lol its my grandfathers car and im trying to help him out

Its a 2000 Caddy DeVille...His cam sensor, cardone, and crank position sensor codes are going off...he recenly had his tie rods replaced and all of these codes started popping up on the way home from the shop...im wondering if they moved something around the wrong way or bumped one of these sensors to cause the sensors to go crazy. I told him to take it back to the shop that did the suspension work asap to get them to look at it...Could they have possibly moved a ground wire and caused it to go off or maybe even bump one of the sensors on the front of the engine? Any ideas guys?? He found out what codes are popping up by taking his car to Auto Zone and letting them do a free diagnostics on it...thanx for the help!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

is it a base/dhs or a dts with the sport susp.?

also, how many miles and does it drink coolant? sorry I ask everyone that since a ton of the North*'s have head gasket issues.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
is it a base/dhs or a dts with the sport susp.?

also, how many miles and does it drink coolant? sorry I ask everyone that since a ton of the North*'s have head gasket issues.
Its a dts and it doesnt have any coolant issues...i think its in the 50k mile range. do you think if they had to disconnect the battery or maybe jump the car off it could cause the codes to go crazy?

Last edited by TheOrangeGuy; 11-16-2007 at 07:38 AM.