Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Louisiana emission laws

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baton Rouge is the only area that I know of that checks for emissions, and I think it' s just East Baton Rouge Parish. Pollution there is higher because of all the refineries. I was pulled over several times, when I was running an off-road pipe and a cut-out, and was not told anything about my exhaust. My ex-wife had the local PD pull up on her, when she picked me up from work, and that was only because a certain ******* mechanic in town has his nose up everyone' s ***, bitching and moaning all the damn time. Other than that, the only other cop that said anything, was a Captain at the Sheriff' s Office, he ragged me about everything illegal about my car, but he was only ******* with me. He told me, he wouldn' t ticket me for it.

If you' re running the ORP into a cat-back, you' ll be perfectly fine!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived around West Monroe, La. until about eight years ago and we always got tested on anything 1980 or newer on a yearly basis. It was mostly visual, but I've had the sniffer pulled out a few times. Cars that were 1979 or older only had a safety inspection. Of course, it allways helps to know the right people.

Quick Reply: Louisiana emission laws