Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Pit Bull Attacks A Baby

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys like i said lets keep all the neg talk out of here lets try to up ;ift the breed not talk bad about it
Old 04-10-2008, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My greyhound and my buddies pit hung out all the time at my house and his. One day his dog decided to attack my dog and almost killed him. It only cost $800 to fix him. Sorry, they are stupid animals with no loyalty. Just google the stats. I dont know why people defend these dogs. They are a useless breed.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadbird96
guys like i said lets keep all the neg talk out of here lets try to up ;ift the breed not talk bad about it

How can you start a thread in an open forum & expect people not to post their opinions??

O.k. I'm gonna start this thread but no one can post in here unless they agree with me.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see that is where you are wrong i know my dogs will never hurt anyone. they are tuff so a baby will not hurt them i do watch them but my dogs are so dumb and goofy i dont think they know how to bite but thats enough talking the dogs down i didnt strat this for that plz if you dont have some thing good to say keep it to your self thank you
LOL, dude pull your head outta your ***. The guy made a valid point.

He didn't say anything negative about the breed. Just the fact that it is a true statement that a larger dog CAN inflict more damage than a smaller dog. He never said they WILL do this, just that if it does happen it'll be worse.

I love pits just as much as anyone, but you cannot be so blinded that you think there is ZERO possibility of something every possibly happening and that does NOT just go for pits. ANY larger dog can inflict a good amount of damage on a person.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some dogs are more prone to aggressive behavior because of their breed I feel. Alot of blame for aggressive dogs can be blamed on their owners though. Dogs need exercise...bigger the dog the more he needs. A frustrated weenie dog (due to lack of excersie) may tear up your garbage or shoes but a frustated big dog may tear up something bigger!!! Exercise and discipline will keep most dogs in line.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss1129
My greyhound and my buddies pit hung out all the time at my house and his. One day his dog decided to attack my dog and almost killed him. It only cost $800 to fix him. Sorry, they are stupid animals with no loyalty. Just google the stats. I dont know why people defend these dogs. They are a useless breed.
and what is a greyhound good for? pretty damn useless if you ask me!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 021less
and what is a greyhound good for? pretty damn useless if you ask me!
Greyhounds are from egypt and were pets of royalty. Pits are usually owned by thug crack dealers because they think they look tuff. If you like pits thats fine. I just think they should all be banned. Its like giving a monkey a gun. You never know whats going to happen with them. They are so stupid that they attack random stray animals, animals they know, children, adults and even their owners sometimes. Thats sounds like a great ******* pet.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Greyhounds are from egypt and were pets of royalty. Pits are usually owned by thug crack dealers because they think they look tuff. If you like pits thats fine. I just think they should all be banned. Its like giving a monkey a gun. You never know whats going to happen with them. They are so stupid that they attack random stray animals, animals they know, children, adults and even their owners sometimes. Thats sounds like a great ******* pet.
yep you got me and 021less we are crack dealing thugs haha i think we need to lay low for awhile they got our number
Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

how about you tell my dog there is a chance he will turn on the baby that he wont let anyone will hurt and see what he says

been around her from the day after she was born
Old 04-11-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I worked at an animal shelter where every pit bull in the city limits had to be registered and i never saw one pit bull bite come in...however by our stats, the most bites we had from a breed was surprisingly Labs....weird how that worked out
Old 04-11-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

wrong quote

Last edited by 3pnt4maro; 04-12-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Launching!

I have been around pits my whole life never been bite or ever attacked by one.

Loyalty I dont know my niece was attacked by my wifes lab and guess who came to here rescue??

My pit

He didnt hurt the lab but he did drop him before he could do any damage to my niece. He held him on the ground and wouldnt let him move till I got there.

I think if a owner cant control his dog he shouldnt have it. PERIOD!

PITS ARE NOT FOR EVERYBODY!!

Just like owning a LS1 isnt for everyone, but saying there stupid and hold no purpose is ignorant.

Sorry for the rant but I live in an area where douche bags own Pits and give them bad names.

Yeah mines is a real Killer!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
I worked at an animal shelter where every pit bull in the city limits had to be registered and i never saw one pit bull bite come in...however by our stats, the most bites we had from a breed was surprisingly Labs....weird how that worked out
Same here I worked at a rescue center and golden retriever was #1 for bites followed by Choc labs.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

how about you tell my dog there is a chance he will turn on the baby that he wont let anyone will hurt and see what he says

been around her from the day after she was born
Same thing here... My wife fell in love with a four week old pit that a friend of mine had and brough it home. The pit was the most loyal, loving, and all ways very protective by nature. When my doberman died the Pit suddenly became unpredictable and started growling at my daughter through the patio glass and staring people down.

I had her put down shortly after.

A neighbor one block over from me had a pit bull at his parents house. His mom let his daughter "her grand daughter" in the back yard one day to play. She went to check on her a little later and the dog killed her and was tossing her around like a toy that he was proud of..... that dog also grew up with that little girl and never showed any agression to her.

IMO it is in large part due to how there raised but its also in there breed to be over protective, unpredictable, agressive and very jealous dogs.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Boy are you ignorant. Any dog can be made mean. The media hypes pitt bull attacks and so everyone thinks all pits do is attack. Labs show more aggression then pits in aggression testing. I have two, best dogs ever.

I would much rather come across a pitt bull then some of the people in the neighborhood near me....
Old 04-11-2008, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jakes4321
Looks like the spitting image to my buddy's dog. His name is Harley, he stares alot. Kinda creepy because watching movies and such you will see him across the room just staring. Until you call him then he comes a runnin. Loves attention, and loves to play. He layed down and pulled himself across the living room by his front paws to play with the new rotti puppy, just trying to show he was gonna be gentle and not harmful.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I read the Clifton Dog Attack Report to see what dogs have the highest attack records. The top 5 from 1982 to 2006 are followed:

1. Pit Bull Terrier 1110 attacks doing bodily harm
2. Rotweiler 409 attacks causing bodily harm
3. Wolf Hybrid dogs 71 attacks causing bodily harm
4. German Shepard 63 attacks causing bodily harm
5. Chow/husky mix come in at 43

The full report can be seen here:
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Atta...%20Clifton.pdf

I guess you can see why Pits get a bad wrap. I think that it has a lot to do with their up bringing. A lot people get them because they think they look tough and it makes them look bad *** having a bad *** dog. They neglect the fact that you need to take care of these animals and treat them the way they should be treated. With care and love. If you keep a dog chained up, not well fed or cared for then you can expect the worst especially if physical abuse is thrown in the mix.

Remember these animals are just that.. Animals. They act on instinct not rationality or a thought process. If you care for these animals and treat them with caution I think all these attack numbers would disappear.

Don't let them roam the streets, keep them on a leash. Give them plenty of space to live aka don't buy a Mastiff if you live in a tiny apartment. Feed them, clean them, take them to the vet. Dont let the little ones tug on them or jump on them. I know the dog up there with the child looks sweet but no matter how loving a dog may seem you just never know..
Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 AM

Ok this does a mind tripp on me... First of all I have 5 dogs 1 -pitt, 1- rott., 1-english bull dog, 1 pom., 1- chow, and a cat. Guess which one will bite you in a minute???? The Pom. She runs the house. Now, guess which one is the most laid back and best with my children (ages: 3 & 6) yep. the pitt. It is all in how they are raised & bred. My pom just has a preference she hates men!!!! for someone to say all pitbulls are bad; just shows how shallow, uneducated, and stupid that person is. What exactly do you do for a living? you are obviously not a pet owner! What if society put you in a category by intelligence, you would be in trouble. Oh yeah, I have not seen one picture on here of a drug dealer with a pitt. I think your theory was just shot down!!!!!!
Pit Bull Attacks A Baby-patch.jpg
Old 04-12-2008, 01:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 496 Likes on 346 Posts

see that is where you are wrong i know my dogs will never hurt anyone. they are tuff so a baby will not hurt them i do watch them but my dogs are so dumb and goofy i dont think they know how to bite but thats enough talking the dogs down i didnt strat this for that plz if you dont have some thing good to say keep it to your self thank you
He is NOT wrong. The best example I can think of is that the most loving elephant in the world could accidentally trip and crush you. The danger with pets has far more to do with size and power than temperament. An ill-mannered chihuahua is safer than a docile saint bernard any day of the week. That being said, I like big, powerful dogs. However, they MUST be properly trained, and you should NEVER take their docile nature or good training for granted.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:55 AM
12 Second Club

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

This guy was a pitbull supporter. Just read the article.

UPDATE 12.15.07: So far in 2007, pit bull types are responsible for 20 of the 30 dog bite fatalities, 67% percent. The nearest competitor is the rottweiler at 14% percent. Given that pit bulls make up about 5-9% percent of US household dogs, there is a clear disproportionate relationship to the number of pit bulls and the amount of killing done by them.

From and thats just fatalities. Stats dont lie, nor do they discriminate. They are just unpredictable and dangerous dogs. You can show your pics with your kid sitting by him all day, but when he flips his gord and attacks, you will be whistling a different tune.

http://www.dogsbite.org/blog/2007/12...l-attacks.html

Quick Reply: Pit Bull Attacks A Baby