Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Pit Bull Attacks A Baby

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Creman
eh, hope you don't get mad about this Adam...

I think it mostly depends on how they are raised. With that said, I believe at the same time you should air a little bit of extra caution because they are known as an unpredictable breed. I wouldn't put a 6 year old in a room with 2 pit bulls, but I would with 2 chows. Why? The chows can't kill them, the pit bulls may.
so you dont think that a chow can kill you any dog can do that if they are of any size i had a familt member that was attacked by a chow so you might want to think about what you say
Old 04-16-2008, 03:41 PM

chows are on the top 5 for the most attacks never leave a kid 12 or under un supervised with any dog. i have 2 pit bulls, a rot and a wennie they need to be trained a dog does what is wants unless trained otherwise, you need positive and negative reinforcement you knock the **** out of them when they are bad eventually they will not want to get hit and stop
Old 04-16-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stangeater01
chows are on the top 5 for the most attacks never leave a kid 12 or under un supervised with any dog. i have 2 pit bulls, a rot and a wennie they need to be trained a dog does what is wants unless trained otherwise, you need positive and negative reinforcement you knock the **** out of them when they are bad eventually they will not want to get hit and stop
well that is not a good idea you dont beat a dog thats what makes them mean but you do say some stuff that is true
Old 04-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

I have no doubt pits are loyal and loving to their owners and owners family, and even strangers as long as the owner is present. When the owner isn't present though, its a different story. No matter how you raise them, I do not believe you can supress their nature. I have seen a pit bull puppy whimpering in my wifes lap turn and bite Richie (my shitzu) on the ***, then posture up and growl... then go right back to whimpering in my wifes lap when Richie ran off. If one ever wandered onto my place, I would keep my family in the house and my Glock in my waistband until I either got him ran off or ended.

I don't think they should persecuted for their nature (they're not evil beasts), but I don't want them in my back yard either.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by onebadbird96
well that is not a good idea you dont beat a dog thats what makes them mean but you do say some stuff that is true
not beat persay like with a 2x4 but discipline teaches a dog right from wrong i have a .5" PVC pipe wraped with pipe insulation and taped with duct tape and thats what they get hit with if they do not listen i have /had the top dog trainer in the south teach the dogs he has been doing it for 50yrs and i bet he knows better than anyone else my rot is as he said the most well mannered rot he has ever seen i am still working on the pits they are a little more stubborn
these are the pups
Attached Thumbnails Pit Bull Attacks A Baby-mike.jpg   Pit Bull Attacks A Baby-doggoes-001.jpg  
Old 04-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Hmm.....A computer is only as smart as it's programmer, a car is only as fast or dangerous as the driver, guns don't go off by theirselves, and dogs only act how they were trained too.

My $.02
Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM

AMEN enough said
Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MontereyLS1
Hmm.....A computer is only as smart as it's programmer, a car is only as fast or dangerous as the driver, guns don't go off by theirselves, and dogs only act how they were trained too.

My $.02
Thats fine and all, but that still doesnt explain why pits are in the bottom percentage for dog population, but the top dog for killing other animals and people. Thats a fact. You can call it an opinion all you want, but its the truth. Proper training helps, dont get me wrong. In the end, you can take the dog out of the fight, but you cant take the fight out of the dog.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

ok sooo... the argument that you're proving is the Pit Bull breed is naturally aggressive, thus making them more known to attack then compared to lets says a Lab.

Out of Any of the research/stats that you are finding... does it say WHY a pit pull would be by nature more aggressive then say my lab? This is assuming that there is NO training, starving, neglect, etc.

I'm not arguing either way... I'm just asking if anyone has found information on that.

I know in my heart that ANY dog is going to respect the hand that feeds... I took care of a pit bull at my shop for many years before he got hit by a car, he came up to me as a stray one day... I was scared of it at first because of that stigma on Pits.. but after it realized i would feed and take care of him, he was as lovable as my lab retriever is.

There was a guy next door to me in the apt i lived in a few years back in Athens. The guy had a pitbull. He had him on a weight plan (for who knows why), got a tough looking metal chain-link choker leash for him. He would leave the dog at home about 15 hours a day. The dog would **** and crap in this guy's apartment while he neglected to take him out. He would lock him in a room when he wouldnt stop barking because he just wanted to go outside. One day... the dog figured out he could go through the screened window (the guy would crack the windows in his apt.)... i saw the dog outside and tried to get him to come back towards the guy's apartment. The dog would get into a fighting position and rare back when i would come near him... ultimately i had to call the dog catcher on him because I wouldnt bring my dog outside in fear of him attacking my dog. Now it could have been a roth, lab, sheltie, shitzu, or whatever... but any dog treated like **** is going to act like that.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 476 Likes on 334 Posts

My $.02
NOT correct on the dogs. Illness or injury can cause unpredictable behaviour. This is NOT the dog's fault, but it can happen. After suffering what appeared to be a minor head injury, my grandparent's chow turned unpredictably vicious. Of course the car could be defective, the computer could experience a power surge, or the gun could be in a house fire. I understand the point you are making, but in reality there are no guarantees in life, even if you do everything right.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

My $.02
However dogs do have a mind of their own and don't always do as the operator says. The other examples can't go against the user.

I don't even know what onebadbird is trying to say. You said there was an attack by a chow, but did the person die? NO, that's the whole point. If it was a pit he would be dead. I've been bitten a few times in my life. 1 was a dobermen on my face (no reason but to walk into the room and I suppose it was HIS room), one was a black lab (come to find out the kids would hit it over the fence which is where I went to pet it), 1 was a mut (I was in the woods, it was a stray)...No pit bulls. But why? because I stear clear of pits I don't know, and even when I do know them I'm a bit more careful. My only point is I think it's fine to own them as long as you don't believe "oh they won't hurt anything" and ignore them. All I'm saying is it takes a little more caution with pits, or it should, otherwise I think you'll have a rude awakening one day.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 AM

you also have to learn how to read the dogs face, a dog cannot lie
Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss1129
Thats fine and all, but that still doesnt explain why pits are in the bottom percentage for dog population, but the top dog for killing other animals and people. Thats a fact. You can call it an opinion all you want, but its the truth. Proper training helps, dont get me wrong. In the end, you can take the dog out of the fight, but you cant take the fight out of the dog.
It does too explain it.....The majority of Pit Bulls are owned by thug kinds of people who breed them to fight them.....therefore the majority of them are getting the wrong kind of training.....They are being TRAINED to KILL....So, that's what they do.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gametech
NOT correct on the dogs. Illness or injury can cause unpredictable behaviour. This is NOT the dog's fault, but it can happen. After suffering what appeared to be a minor head injury, my grandparent's chow turned unpredictably vicious. Of course the car could be defective, the computer could experience a power surge, or the gun could be in a house fire. I understand the point you are making, but in reality there are no guarantees in life, even if you do everything right.
True.....but couldn't YOU suffer a head injury from a bad car accident and turn into a serial killer? It could happen.

It's like saying all white people are stupid, we should just ban them from our country instead of teaching them properly (I'm white by the way, it was just an example lol)
Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Teching In

There are lots of people that have Pits as pets. You dont ever here about them. Its just the getto gang banger rapper wanna be that you here about having pits. In 5 years you wont even here about a Pit in the Media...In the 80's it was Doberman's, in the 90's it was Rotties....now its the Pits chance. It will be something else in no time!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 AM

this is the next one to be in the media
Attached Thumbnails Pit Bull Attacks A Baby-grand-isle-034.jpg  
Old 04-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Vicious little bastards, those.

From a high perch on a fat woman's titty... they will tear you up.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSlow 4.8
The dog would get into a fighting position and rare back when i would come near him..
you say that and im not saying i support this but there is no fighting position they just run at each other

Last edited by onebadbird96; 04-18-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Creman
However dogs do have a mind of their own and don't always do as the operator says. The other examples can't go against the user.

I don't even know what onebadbird is trying to say. You said there was an attack by a chow, but did the person die? NO, that's the whole point. If it was a pit he would be dead. I've been bitten a few times in my life. 1 was a dobermen on my face (no reason but to walk into the room and I suppose it was HIS room), one was a black lab (come to find out the kids would hit it over the fence which is where I went to pet it), 1 was a mut (I was in the woods, it was a stray)...No pit bulls. But why? because I stear clear of pits I don't know, and even when I do know them I'm a bit more careful. My only point is I think it's fine to own them as long as you don't believe "oh they won't hurt anything" and ignore them. All I'm saying is it takes a little more caution with pits, or it should, otherwise I think you'll have a rude awakening one day.
what i am saying is that any dog can attack and just bc its a pit dont mean you are going to die. i mean get real wake up dude not all pits are bad i mean when i was 2 i got bit on the face by a blood hound but to this day i dont say all off them are bad no just like i dont say all chows are bad dude what i am saying and why i started this was to say hey look at the good dogs that are this breed not to down the dog so think what you want plz keep that **** out of my thread
Old 04-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Staging Lane

what I mean, I mean...use periods sometimes, it helps.

Actually if a pit decides to attack, I think you're pretty much dead (as a kid). If it was a pit that decided to bite you and not a bloodhound you wouldn't be alive.

I'm finished with this thread. I'm just going to agree to disagree. If you read closer, I'm not saying pitts are the kill all, bad dog they are made out to be. However I do think a little extra caution is needed with them. I just hope you don't come back here in 2 years telling us how the pit decided to attack and you didn't know why.

Quick Reply: Pit Bull Attacks A Baby