Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Shop to build duals near memphis tn?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Shop to build duals near memphis tn?

Gonna bite the bullet and get the exhaust done. I want to go with true duals out the rear but haven't found a shop near here that will touch it for less than $800. My biggest concern is fitment and quality. ANyone know of a shop within a couple hours of memphis tn? Also going to be dropped an inch soon after.

I was originally thinking about getting a tsp dumped setup then find a shop to take it out the rear, but that seems like that may just end up being an expensive headache.

Last edited by sneaky7980; 03-13-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sneaky7980
Gonna bite the bullet and get the exhaust done. I want to go with true duals out the rear but haven't found a shope near here that will touch it for less than $800. My biggest concern is fitment and quality. ANyone know of a shop within a couple hours of memhis tn? Also going to be dropped an inch soon after.

I was originally thinking about getting a tsp dumped setup then find a shop to take it out the rear, but that seems like that may just end up being an expensive headache.
I'm thinking Bridge Racing in Southaven is going to be your best bet if you want 3" pipe.

I've called all over the Memphis area and no one wants to mandrel bend it, a few people will crush bend it, but that's lame.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could buy mandrel bends from Summit and take it to someone to cut and put together. You can also get an H or X-pipe to makes things real simple.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
You could buy mandrel bends from Summit and take it to someone to cut and put together. You can also get an H or X-pipe to makes things real simple.
I thought about buying the bends, but was worried I might not get the right sizes or amount. And I like as many continuous single pieces as possible
Old 03-11-2008, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jetlag
I thought about buying the bends, but was worried I might not get the right sizes or amount. And I like as many continuous single pieces as possible
I hear ya....mine was pieced together out of two 180 degree bends and it was enough for a dumped setup. Even with several pieces, it looked and functioned great.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I spoke to the owner at Bridge racing, hung out for a while and swapped some stories about New Zealand, great guy. Just wanted to know if there was any other quality (cheaper) alternatives around Memphis. I'd be content with a 2.5" system.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sneaky7980
I spoke to the owner at Bridge racing, hung out for a while and swapped some stories about New Zealand, great guy. Just wanted to know if there was any other quality (cheaper) alternatives around Memphis. I'd be content with a 2.5" system.
Yeah, the guys at Bridge Racing are great and always up for some chatting.

A lot of shops will do 2.5", just call around.. I usually go to American Muffler on Lamar Ave.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that tsp system sounds horrible with no cats. Do borla Xr-1s if you can fit em trust me lol. They sound better than anything Ive ever heard. I looked aruond when I had my 2.75 inlet loudmouth switched to a 3" inlet xr1 when i did my lt's and ypipe. Couldnt find ANYONE who would mandrel bend anything, cuz I threw around the idea of true duals first of all. My buddy who got one done here settled for crush bends.... sounded good and ran a high 10 through it, but I wouldnt put that crap on my car.. If ya find someone post it up, I am looking for somewhere around here to weld on sfc's for me. Im very skeptical with most of these shops as ive been burned at many.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:09 AM

The problem is...there isn't a mandrel bender here in town... not that will do 3"-4" stuff atleast. We are looking into getting one sometime but the 100k price tag is a little steep. Let me know on the subframes...I can take care of you..the shop is DAYS away from opening.

Thanks,
Brian

Quick Reply: Shop to build duals near memphis tn?