Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slow2flurry-ous
I should be there next week. Look forward to meeting some new ppl.
Be careful Steven. You'll probably get an earful about how much of a dick I am because I don't buy into internet hype or internet hyped camshafts.

Last edited by Damian; 11-02-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speaking of tsp cams, anyone interested in an ms3? im looking at buying the thunder racing stroKer cam....
Old 11-02-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pump your brakes damian.... so far the only two guys that have showed up for the tuesday nights it sheikss and i, and there hasnt been any trash talking about anyone. really no one down here knows you except for a select few people who have dealt with you, so how could anyone have anything to say? and further more, although there are rules about soliciting your shops business on LS1tech without being a sponsor, i dont feel that sponsors should be allowed to be moderators and/or have the ability to ban people. it makes it too easy for a moderator to abuse that power. it would be like me saying something negative about your shop so you ban me and use the excuse that i bashed a sponsor. i think people should be allowed to state your opinion so long as you have some sort of factual basis. and if a guy is starting a shop (regardless of my opinion of it) he should able to talk to people in PM's about work done from his business. how else is he ever going to get enough revenue to be able to be a sponsored shop on here? its just my $.02. and i dont necessarily care for comment about us trashing you either. and if that comment earned me a ban, then so be it.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
LSX Mechanic

I have no brakes to pump, sir. One major problem with this country is that people are too worried about hurting other peoples' feelings by saying what they feel. I'm not one of them.

Here's some cliff notes for your reply:
-My comment was said in jest. Do any of you guys have an actual sense of humor?
-I've heard more than once about people thinking I'm a ******** down there, which in some ways I am. I say whats on my mind, and if I think a particular combo is junk then I say so. Some people just don't like it or can't take it. That's ok with me. The minute I have to keep my mouth shut to stay in business, I'll close the doors and go do something else.
-People in Columbus need to stop reading the internet so much. I've even heard of one guy ******* the cam I spec'd for Stevens car. Funny, that "stupid" cammed car ran 7.50's-7.60's with a blown up slipping transmission. I install anywhere between 20-40 camshafts per year, so I think I have a little better idea than the internet warriors about what works and what doesn't.
-I was a moderator on this site long before I ever became a supporting vendor (obviously, I've been here since the beginning). Further more, I do not ban competing shops or people attempting to compete. There are others that frequent this forum FYI.

I didn't ban anyone. Somebody else did that. I don't ban people often (unless they're being total douche bags), and if it's a local shop trying to advertise I ask someone else to do it because I understand it's a conflict of interest.

Last edited by Damian; 11-02-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
LSX Mechanic

PS - Can't we all just get along?
Old 11-02-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will pass on the group hug as tempting as it might be.

Steven, bring them pedals playa
Old 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2slow2flurry-ous
I should be there next week. Look forward to meeting some new ppl.
If that car ain't done in time then you need to fire your mechanic
Old 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Teching In

I'll be out there
Old 11-02-2010, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Damian
I have no brakes to pump, sir. One major problem with this country is that people are too worried about hurting other peoples' feelings by saying what they feel. I'm not one of them.

Here's some cliff notes for your reply:
-My comment was said in jest. Do any of you guys have an actual sense of humor?
-I've heard more than once about people thinking I'm a ******** down there, which in some ways I am. I say whats on my mind, and if I think a particular combo is junk then I say so. Some people just don't like it or can't take it. That's ok with me. The minute I have to keep my mouth shut to stay in business, I'll close the doors and go do something else.
-People in Columbus need to stop reading the internet so much. I've even heard of one guy ******* the cam I spec'd for Stevens car. Funny, that "stupid" cammed car ran 7.50's-7.60's with a blown up slipping transmission. I install anywhere between 20-40 camshafts per year, so I think I have a little better idea than the internet warriors about what works and what doesn't.
-I was a moderator on this site long before I ever became a supporting vendor (obviously, I've been here since the beginning). Further more, I do not ban competing shops or people attempting to compete. There are others that frequent this forum FYI.

I didn't ban anyone. Somebody else did that. I don't ban people often (unless they're being total douche bags), and if it's a local shop trying to advertise I ask someone else to do it because I understand it's a conflict of interest.
well said, however there are plenty of us down here with a sense of humor, its just that with some people running around in here its hard to keep the humor alive. and im a bit confused about the part where you said you only ban people for being douche bags....

Last edited by firehawk238; 11-02-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Should be there about 6:30 or so.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man id like to head out there for wings but my cars in the shop right MEOW. how ever im sure ill be spending money up there come this spring. does anyone know of a TQ arm that will fit a moser 9inch, also im looking for a rear drag bar. if anyone has one please let me know. lol I might have been a complete *** in the past but i realized i was wrong...
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have a UMI tunnel mounted torque arm for sale. sell it to cheap!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the only thing about that tho, is im not sure how well that would do with me being lowered i was told to stay away from those by the guys at moser. i just dont want to buy theres because its damn well near 500
Old 11-02-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

fair enough. ill just put in my 01
Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Well since im off my vacation Ill say this . I should have read the fourm rules better my mistake. Im cool with that 100% Most of the guys who have talk to me or met me in person know im not some shady tree dude or some one that will just sell u some ****. I take every effort to ensure the car's that leave my shop are 100% complete. There are a number goats, vettes and f bodys have passed through my doors. I will admit they are out of state. Majority of my work is out west and some up north. I ony been open in Ga for 8 months. The comments about shitty cars coming out of columbus NONE OF THEM CAME FROM MY SHOP. Im strickly LS base thats it no slabs, no mini vans. For the guys that silently hate on me thats cool I love it, Thats more motivation for me to pump out some serious ****. Im well know from a number of vendors out west and up north. Im not new to this ls stuff or stangs, I decided to open up my own spot once I left the Army I dont need to do this to keep my lights on or food on the table. I make more money than most doing nothing lol I earnd it. This is my passion and hobby thats it. Dont hate on Spartan not one bit. Im cool with voicing opinions and so on but we are all motor heads lets keep it that way. Give me time I already know im against the grain because of columbus rep for building Ls base cars. But I will assure one thing If I build your car you wont dissapointed.

On that Im out if u see me holla !!!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey james, was nice to meet you at loco's. wish we coulda sat together. hope sheik didnt put you in the dog house... lol the look on her face was priceless man!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sheikss
I will pass on the group hug as tempting as it might be.

Steven, bring them pedals playa
Ok, will do.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Yeah he did, lol we were in the middle of working out on not getting divorced hahaha.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

man, my computer hasn't been running right....i missed all the fun....

anyways...i'm thinking about heading to the track friday night....need to get a run in with some good air so i can get my 11.9 second pass....lol....anyone interested?

if not...i'll be at sonic....

James, bro...we should line 'em up this friday....i wanna see what my car's got against that 430 rwhp you got....

and Tim.....welcome back...lol....
Old 11-03-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Trans is here

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA