Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firehawk238
well first of all im not gonna jump and make plans to drive to austin in a whim just because you want to wait till last minute to try and call someone out and claim they backed down. you said austin, i told you when id be there. seems like you have the excuse now. tell you what though, at some point i WILL be visiting GA again to see friends and such, and ill be more than happy to give you ample notice of when that will be and we can get together and show you that your vindicated gto isnt ****, that you cant drive a 6speed worth a ****, and that your mouth over extends the capabilities of your car. oh, and FYI, never said i have the fastest anything around.... just faster than yours!
Ok im gonna say a lil somthing about james car........... Its as not as fast as it should be the tune in it is complete trash. Ive seen it. You cant speed shift that car because of the tune. The drive by wire is way out of touch. There is a 1.3 second delay in pushing the gas pedal and the rpms. Im not bashing no shops but it could have been done better. Now with that being said Im not taking sides Ive heard stories of carls car and some races its quick for what it is, But somebody is always faster.

So in all yall should race get it on film and be donee with it.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who's coming to the track with me tomorrow? James, you should come out now that you got your tranny problems sorted out.....get some times in....

Tim, i'll give you a call tomorrow and see if you're at the shop to pick up that clamp before i head to the track...
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Teching In

How much is it? I'm a bit strapped for cash as that I'm going to see my wife in Texas the 3rd. $20 or whatever?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Launching!

So change of plans, I'll be up there tomorrow if everybody's not at the track.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

So a certain red V6 mustang wants to run me if anyone is going out ill be there
Old 01-28-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

outlaw, i totally agree with you. someone is always faster. but what irritates me is one, james' mouth always running, and two the fact that he made that ricer fly by comment several months ago before i ever left GA, and before his car was ever down for repairs, and i offered to run em again and he never responded. the offer is posted in the board but im not going to dedicate the time to go back and look for it. funny how now that im gone he is gonna make a challenge to run em and act like i backed out. so i tell you what JAMES, you said it yourself, austin is only 3 hours from el paso so just bring it on over here and if/when you actually show up we will go out and run them and if you beat me, ill pay for your gas from austin to here and back to austin. but when you lose, you pay for your own fuel. ive got a family to support and am not willing to give up the drive time when this could have been settled before i left. ive got other obligations but am definately willing to give up some fuel money if you can beat me and show im wrong. if you want this PM me and ill shoot you my contact info once you are on your way.

Last edited by firehawk238; 01-30-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Whoa! No need to bring families into our automotive discussions gentlemen
Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by firehawk238
outlaw, i totally agree with you. someone is always faster. but what irritates me is one, james' mouth always running, and two the fact that he made that ricer fly by comment several months ago before i ever left GA, and before his car was ever down for repairs, and i offered to run em again and he never responded. the offer is posted in the board but im not going to dedicate the time to go back and look for it. funny how now that im gone he is gonna make a challenge to run em and act like i backed out. so i tell you what JAMES, you said it yourself, austin is only 3 hours from el paso so just bring it on over here and if/when you actually show up we will go out and run them and if you beat me, ill pay for your gas from austin to here and back to austin. but when you lose, you pay for your own fuel. ive got a family to support and am not willing to give up the drive time when this could have been settled before i left. my girl didnt leave me so ive got other obligations but am definately willing to give up some fuel money if you can beat me and show im wrong. if you want this PM me and ill shoot you my contact info once you are on your way.
Leave his personal life alone you're the one starting to resemble a *** hat. Its just cars and racing. Calm down.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Teching In

I like pizza....

nothing more follows. Out.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Man, you just opened a whole new can of worms. You wanna make this personal shoot me your contact info I dare you.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Kh
Old 01-29-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

you guys are seriously RETARDED, man just shut up about the racing. is it really worth any of the effort? this is why im starting to get sick of tech. everyones running there mouths instead of there cars. who care who won!!!! i know i don't give a flying ****. both of your cars are nice let it go. this is why im going to start traveling up to atlanta to get my racing fix in. because the Columbus scene is all trash talking....
Old 01-29-2011, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

you know what mike, STFU! nobody wants to hear wha you have to say....you don't even have a car ready to race at the moment so your opinion don't even count anyways...besides, all you're going to see is my tail lights once i get my cam done anyways!

LMAO! j/k......

Man, for real....lots of trash talking.....it's not that serious....and yeah, bringing a man's personal life into this is unnecesary....

But James, if you're confident you can beat him i would just take him up on his offer and settle this seeing how you'll be in the area anyways....i mean you are the one who called him out....and if he's offering to pay for your gas if you win you don't have a whole lot to lose....

Anyways, i think trash talking is stupid.....that's why i don't do it....i let my car speak for itself....if i win, i win......but the last thing i want to do is talk a bunch of **** and then lose......makes you look like a bigger douche than when you were just talking ****....besides we all already know there's always someone faster....so why talk ****? cuz all i'm going to do is laugh when someone faster comes along and talks **** to you.....it's pointless guys....

a little friendly rivalry is good....it keeps us motivated to keep building up our cars.....but we all have the same interest and should some together and get slong and share that interest....

didn't mean to get all dr. phil there but seriously, this is getting out of hand....
Old 01-29-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

agreed man well put....
Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Teching In

See the thing is, I'm already driving 14 hours. I'm so pissed off that hes bringing my wife into this at this point that it's not worth getting into a fight over. Go ahead Karl make a funny comment on how I'm making excuses I don't care anymore. I'm selling the GTO anyways, since I might be expecting a lil one. This is the only town I've ever been to where the ricers get along better than the LSx guys... that's sad.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

It just got out of hand, I'd say next time(if there happens to be a next time) if you guys want to take it to a personal level, use the PM system instead of airing out someones personal life for everyone to see. I kind of regret asking about the transmission thing now...

One thing that was said is true, Everywhere else I've been, the bow tie guys stuck together a lot more than they do here. I'm likely the slowest f body here at the moment and that doesn't bother me, because as a couple of people have said, there is always someone faster.

Now lets get back to doing what makes everyone happy, Making fun of Mike.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Naw, man you shouldn't feel bad about asking about a transmission. It's a car forum thats what it's for. I think what I was said was taken out of context as me trying to be cocky, but it wasn't.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Well me and a few guys are riding up to columbus tonight so those that are in town should meet us at sonic.. I haven't met James in person and it was fall when I first met Ron, Craig and everybody else...

p.s. I have no beef with anyone so lemme see some of those awesome cars you guys own mkay?!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Teching In

well since you said awesome cars that excludes me.

Oh and I discovered why my transmission is slipping. shift solenoids...

Last edited by Mongoose_TA; 01-29-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Craig, If you're on here you have a pm.

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA