Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Need a TUNER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cablebandit
thats how i have always tuned fuel at wot is commanded pe. I know its wrong but works and i dont know whats right. should you set the commanded pe and then tune the ve until you get that number? Then boosted throws another monkey wrench into the equation. I really like the fueling/timing controls for wot you get when you have OLSD with efilive...tuning with THAT i understand
Everyone has their own way to do it, the only way I think is right is to command your WOT fueling where you would like it to be and then tune the VE/MAF tables from this using AFR error from the wideband. You just set the car in open loop so you have no fueling corrections from the o2 sensors. The computer also does many airflow calculations for use in various tables. If the airflow is not correct, neither will the calculations.

Boosted cars really should have a 2 bar or 3 bar setup. Anything that makes less than 500 rwhp and under 5 lbs of boost may get away with a MAF tune though.

Doing this you will have a MUCH more crisp throttle response and low throttle power. With a calibrated MAF sensor, it can accomodate for conditions much better. I tuned my buddy's C6 over the winter and drove it to work the other day and the AFR error was still only -2% to 0% from idle all the way to WOT (with a 10 cell count min for the averages).

Last edited by WS6FirebirdTA00; 07-05-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
Yeah, driving around would do nothing without a log. Even then, he would be relying on the fuel trims and assuming they are good. This is why when I tune I have the guy drive the car while I am tuning it. No need to do bits and pieces of a tune. When done correctly, learn time is not needed. Either way, Chris, I know your car has been mess with a lot from what you said and you saw how I broke the tune down for you, it was not good. Not only that, but you have an LC1 in the car and saw the large fueling swings at the track. If it wasn't for that you would keep racing with the fueling in the 13's to 14's. That is what happens when you try to control a 1000 hp car with a MAF that maxes out before 4800 RPM.

I am not trying to burn anyone here as I have nothing to gain from it. I do tunes when people need them and don't care to advertise, I don't need the business. I have a full time job, tuning is just fun for me. That is why it didn't really bother me when you and Will both bailed on coming up here. Will was suppose to stop on his way through, never called and then I guess you just decided to go with a different system so you did not come. It is aggravating giving advice then seeing Will run his mouth. I could see if I was being a dick but I told no one I spoke with him on the phone. Jason and Chris can both speak to that. I will just know in the future how to handle this.

It would be nice to see the real potential out of some of these cars though and I would hate to see anyone's car lose a motor due to an improper tune.

Yes you are correct. If it wasn't for the 250.00 dollar wideband, I probably would of melted it by now! I am going with the Fast so i can tune it and it has 02 corrections to help with the tune also. It is the best for my car other than the BS3 which is basicly the same thing. I have no problems with you Mike. You are a very knowledgeable person and very smart when it comes to this stuff. I am glad I don't have to worry about this anymore. My SD tune will drive like stock for the most part.The reason, I didn't want to come up there is since I was going to have to change ecu's eventually, i decided to go ahead and do it,instead of spending the money twice.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

No, that's fine. I don't blame you.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
Everyone has their own way to do it, the only way I think is right is to command your WOT fueling where you would like it to be and then tune the VE/MAF tables from this using AFR error from the wideband. You just set the car in open loop so you have no fueling corrections from the o2 sensors. The computer also does many airflow calculations for use in various tables. If the airflow is not correct, neither will the calculations.

Boosted cars really should have a 2 bar or 3 bar setup. Anything that makes less than 500 rwhp and under 5 lbs of boost may get away with a MAF tune though.

Doing this you will have a MUCH more crisp throttle response and low throttle power. With a calibrated MAF sensor, it can accomodate for conditions much better. I tuned my buddy's C6 over the winter and drove it to work the other day and the AFR error was still only -2% to 0% from idle all the way to WOT (with a 10 cell count min for the averages).
thanks for that info. thats what i thought. my friends are getting tuned for free so they get commanded pe vs rpm I am OLSD and Quicksilverado is about to go to at least SD so i will have to work a little more.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, if you ever have questions or want to BS about tuning stuff, just shoot me a PM. I enjoy this ****
Old 07-05-2008, 09:09 PM
9 Second Club

thanks!!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It sure got quite after Mike stepped in...
Old 07-06-2008, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
If it wasn't for the 250.00 dollar wideband, I probably would of melted it by now!
Can you explain what you mean by this Chris?
Old 07-06-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLSS
It sure got quite after Mike stepped in...
maybe because people have better things to do on the 4th of july weekend than fight like 8yr olds on the school playground!

Last edited by red83; 07-06-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^ Except for you huh Mr. Grammar & Spelling champion??
Old 07-06-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

yep, wes gots kicked tha trucks outs of thes resorts fridays night. went to the truck yesterday and ran the 1/9 mile. got drunken last night and frydaysss nites. so i already had my fun this weekend........................keyboard jockey

are u going to turn left this thread into a bucking s pelling beer contest now. yours peeples kill me.

Hows that for spelling?

one more thing. that wasnt even directed at you, but you chose to dive into it???????????

i fixed it for ya to......................................... i didnt want to start a 13 page thread spelling and grammar. since you and a couple others are the genius's around here you would obviously win. so there would be no reason!

Last edited by red83; 07-06-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, and you are completely innocent? Give us a phuckin' break!! Look in the mirror chief, you're just as bad as anyone in here or you'd STFU too!!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
you're just as bad as anyone in here or you'd STFU too!!
Hey now. I resemble that remark.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:39 AM
9 Second Club

Oh, and you are completely innocent? Give us a phuckin' break!! Look in the mirror chief, you're just as bad as anyone in here or you'd STFU too!!
I am glad you finally realized it to Jimmy!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:40 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Can you explain what you mean by this Chris?
No, I am stupid ,remember!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
I am stupid ,remember!
I remember
Old 07-06-2008, 10:57 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLowETz
I remember
And your the one to commemnt!! LOL!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by red83
Who the hell cares about your tune anyway! You have never been to the track and probably will never even get out the 12 sec. range anyhow!!!!
You sound like an expert for everything that you do! Get a hobby!
if you referring to this post i made..... you may want to check yourself, because that was MASTER CHRIS on my computer. but if you wish to play. that will be fine. i wasnt even referring to you in that post, but you stuck your *** in it anyways. i am innocent, because i say so, and i know i am........................ THE GREAT ONE..............SO BOW DOWN TO THE CHIEF YOU PEASANT

PLEASE CORRECT MY SPELLING YOU SLAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 AM
9 Second Club

Play nice with Red83!!!! He get's grumpy very easily!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

We don't play nice here. This IS the Southern Section BITCH.

You want nice?

Go here:

www.sesamestreet.com

Quick Reply: Need a TUNER!!!