Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Need a TUNER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cablebandit
... Steve Petty couldnt tune Hunters car any better without some data to go off of.
Yup, one can't do much w/o logging these setups to improve on the tune.

Isn't that the guy that owns Pro Line? They did my LS6 stroker honing. I hear "good things" about that group.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with Ron on this...WOT is EASY to tune...its the damn idle and part throttle thats hard. Sounds like Mike wanted to log and tune it on the street which is better than dyno but not as good as at the track. Of course 2-3 days of street tuning and/or tuning at the track is gonna cost more than a dyno tune.
Ditto!

Would the MASTER "CRAFTSMEN" TUNER ever spend the time and effort to tune for cold starts, idle, low vacuum stops/turns, hot starts, etc??
Old 07-01-2008, 04:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Just to clarify something Chris.... You talked to Mike a while back about tuning your combo and Mike was in no way shape or form SCARED to tune your car. Mike told you he would need your car for two to three days to tune it PROPERLY on the street and not just on the dyno. We have maxxed out our dyno several times in the last year with Mike behind the laptop.

Im glad your car works Chris. but for crying out loud it isnt the only combo out there making big #s and Roy sure as hell isnt the only one who can tune air/fuel and timing on a dyno to keep it together

Im not in a position to give anyone advice, but if I were I would tell you that people get tired of seeing you beat your chest and think there is only one person who can duplicate your combo... Join the crowd, be PART of the group, quit being a cheerleader for yourself and Roy and let it go man. I know what it took for you to get where you are with your car and I remember you almost giving up on LWA AND Roy once upon a time.....

PM me if you want to **** back and forth with one another. Im not doing it online. I just wanted to make one post once I saw you saying nobody is capable of tuning something like your car when thats total bullshit.

Carry on...
If you are talking about Mike from NC then you are correct, but I never heard anything back from you guy's when i had asked you to talk to Mike(Vengeance) to set up a time!
I am no ones cheerleader, but when a certain individual is pissed about there tune and then recieves a FULL REFUND, then it should be left alone! You would be doing the same thing!!! As far as my car's tune go's, I said Nobody in GEORGIA could tune it, except ROY, with the FACTORY COMPUTER!!!
I am sure if I took it out of state it could be done! As far as someone 's car maxing out your dyno, hell, you would posted that **** all over the forum, with pics and a list of everything done to it!LOL None the less, it dosn't matter anymore, since after my Fast is installed,then it will be my responsibility after the initial tune is done!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
Ditto!

Would the MASTER "CRAFTSMEN" TUNER ever spend the time and effort to tune for cold starts, idle, low vacuum stops/turns, hot starts, etc??
LOLAY!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
If you are talking about Mike from NC then you are correct, but I never heard anything back from you guy's when i had asked you to talk to Mike(Vengeance) to set up a time!
I am no ones cheerleader, but when a certain individual is pissed about there tune and then recieves a FULL REFUND, then it should be left alone! You would be doing the same thing!!! As far as my car's tune go's, I said Nobody in GEORGIA could tune it, except ROY, with the FACTORY COMPUTER!!!
I am sure if I took it out of state it could be done! As far as someone 's car maxing out your dyno, hell, you would posted that **** all over the forum, with pics and a list of everything done to it!LOL None the less, it dosn't matter anymore, since after my Fast is installed,then it will be my responsibility after the initial tune is done!

Like I said Chris, feel free to PM me... You know damn well Mike (FROM VENGEANCE) said he had NO problem tuning your car. You sat in his office and discussed it at length. He told you he would need it for several days to COMPLETELY tune it. That was the last we heard of you...

As for maxing out the dyno, I used to be very vocal about what we do here so people can see our capability. It has been seen time and time again and I dont post as often as I used to. Time is a major factor alone as far as that goes...

On that note, the 3550lb nitrous car we just finished went 6.00@119 two days ago making about 300rwhp less than your car. This was the FIRST time the customer has ever made a pass in it. His times will only get better with more seat time and better air... Ya dont see me on here beating my chest do you??

You ARE a cheerleader Chris. You involve yourself in EVERYTHING from LWA to ATLPF to Roy to whoever else using your car as an example of how perfect these shops are.... Guess what. Thats ONE ******* CAR... Pat them on the back and move along... ONE CAR CHRIS... Other people have had bad experiences with Roy/LWA etc etc... It doesnt mean you did and it doesnt mean they are bad shops... It means someone else got fucked and you didnt. Jim Black got fucked by Roy, yea it was YEARS ago... None the less there was never a resolution nor an offer of a resolution. He has the right to be bitter if he wants. Hell, Roy fucked me time and time again.. I came back for more like an idiot and took it right up the ***....... I learned the hard way.

Funny thing about Roy and his wonderful tuning... Remember the day you made your 9.06 pass @ SDR?? Roy was running his personal C5 to 12.20s with his very own built/tuned stroker motor................. Seems everyone doesnt have it as good as you do Chris.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs up

Nicely said & done Ranger.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Like I said Chris, feel free to PM me... You know damn well Mike (FROM VENGEANCE) said he had NO problem tuning your car. You sat in his office and discussed it at length. He told you he would need it for several days to COMPLETELY tune it. That was the last we heard of you...

As for maxing out the dyno, I used to be very vocal about what we do here so people can see our capability. It has been seen time and time again and I dont post as often as I used to. Time is a major factor alone as far as that goes...

On that note, the 3550lb nitrous car we just finished went 6.00@119 two days ago making about 300rwhp less than your car. This was the FIRST time the customer has ever made a pass in it. His times will only get better with more seat time and better air... Ya dont see me on here beating my chest do you??

You ARE a cheerleader Chris. You involve yourself in EVERYTHING from LWA to ATLPF to Roy to whoever else using your car as an example of how perfect these shops are.... Guess what. Thats ONE ******* CAR... Pat them on the back and move along... ONE CAR CHRIS... Other people have had bad experiences with Roy/LWA etc etc... It doesnt mean you did and it doesnt mean they are bad shops... It means someone else got fucked and you didnt. Jim Black got fucked by Roy, yea it was YEARS ago... None the less there was never a resolution nor an offer of a resolution. He has the right to be bitter if he wants. Hell, Roy fucked me time and time again.. I came back for more like an idiot and took it right up the ***....... I learned the hard way.

Funny thing about Roy and his wonderful tuning... Remember the day you made your 9.06 pass @ SDR?? Roy was running his personal C5 to 12.20s with his very own built/tuned stroker motor................. Seems everyone doesnt have it as good as you do Chris.

I tryed to call you before I posted but no answere!
You are correct, me and Mike talked about tuning it, but when it came down to it, it was a no go, because you would never call me back!
Why do you keep throwing up other peoples cars that run comparable and then say with less HP??? Good for you! Mine will be faster as well as soon as the EMU is in and more track time! I am surprised you not posting up graphs like you always do! And now I guess you are saying LWA isn't a bad shop after all that **** with GRB??? I am glad you realize it also! I involve myself with everything as much as you do!If I had it as good as you, I would have no worry's!
Oh well, this will never die as long as there is shops around and fast cars to be built! Bottom line is this, Nobody is perfect not even me or you Ron, and just like Roys tuning might not be perfect, you know as well as all the other shops, you can't spend 4-5 hours on each car to make a profit! Not even you guy's, That is why some of your cars have problem's as well!
As far as maxing out the dyno, without a graph or a vid, we all call BS!!!
You don't see that everyday!!!LOL
Old 07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
9 Second Club

Nicely said & done Ranger.
Talk aboutfrom someones and there leg!LOL
You must be tired at the end of the day!LOL
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all other tuners suck................ except mine! almost 0% o2 correction

j/k...... every tuner has there place in this world.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Chris,

As you and I discussed on the phone just an hour ago, I told you that YOU of all people need to let the tuning argument die.

And again, if we need to have a professional come in and take your tune (for example) and illustrate what all is wrong with tuning via a MAF with the amount of hp that you're (and a few others) are making... we can arrange that. Just let me know.

READ THIS CAREFULLY:

If you are judging the quality of your tune by the fact that your motor has not blown up......... then I have no words for you. You really just don't understand. And you certainly can not appreciate the difference between someone who actually studies the inner workings of an ECU versus someone who adjusts ONE fuel enrichment table for WOT dyno pulls...

Like I said, if you'd like for a professional to give you a good ole fashion schooling I can arrange it.

And to make it fun, we'll use YOUR tune!

Last edited by ATLSS; 07-01-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 PM
9 Second Club

wow this blew up cool!! yall should have a dance off.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Chris,

As you and I discussed on the phone just an hour ago, I told you that YOU of all people need to let the tuning argument die.

And again, if we need to have a professional come in and take your tune (for example) and illustrate what all is wrong with tuning via a MAF with the amount of hp that you're (and a few others) are making... we can arrange that. Just let me know.

READ THIS CAREFULLY:

If you are judging the quality of your tune by the fact that your motor has not blown up......... then I have no words for you. You really just don't understand. And you certainly can not appreciate the difference between someone who actually studies the inner workings of an ECU versus someone who adjusts ONE fuel enrichment table for WOT dyno pulls...

Like I said, if you'd like for a professional to give you a good ole fashion schooling I can arrange it.

Oh. ******* SNAP!!! :

Appears yet another on a long list of those who have seen the light.

I new you had in in you ATLSS
Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1

I've got $100 that says Ron can out jig Chris!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Btw Chris..... thanx for the laugh man! I needed that!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLowETz
Oh. ******* SNAP!!! :

Good God you rock those smilies man! HA!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hunter02SS = ****

Yup, that's me, the Vengeance nut hugger.

They're truly trying to do it right in an unforgiving business...Hero-to-zero in the blink of an eye.

I am now utterly & completely convinced you and Roy deserve one another. MTI might be a great stop-n-shop for you as well.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Chris,

READ THIS CAREFULLY:

Go **** yourself!!!
9 Second Club

I love you!
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLowETz
Oh. ******* SNAP!!! :

I love you 2!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

Hunter02SS = ****

Yup, that's me, the Vengeance nut hugger.

They're truly trying to do it right in an unforgiving business...Hero-to-zero in the blink of an eye.

I am now utterly & completely convinced you and Roy deserve one another. MTI might be a great stop-n-shop for you as well.
You can suck Jasons dick!!!You already do that!!

Quick Reply: Need a TUNER!!!