Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

99 Z28 for sale in Nashville . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 99 Z28 for sale in Nashville . . .

I hate to do it, but my pride and joy has to go . . .

Its a 1999 Camaro Z28. LS1 V8, automatic trans, 3.23 rear end with posi-track, t-tops, medium gray leather, navy blue paint, chrome wheels, t-top.

Mileage is 116k, but don't let that fool you. The paint looks great, rims look factory fresh, headlights are clear(I replaced the hazed over old ones), interior is really nice. Mechanically, this car runs great, drives like a new Z28, shifts great, and handles better than any stock Z28.

Mods and replacement parts:
Rebuilt automatic transmission. Rebuilt to stock specs by a great local guy. Rebuilt at 110k.
Koni adjustable shocks, cost over $700 new. Installed around 100k. You can adjust the stiffness, these shocks really made the Z28 drive and handle like a whole different car.

SLP air lid to improve breathing(basically an air intake for the LS1 ignorant)
Exhaust is stock manifolds, stock cats, no muffler. Its loud, but not unbearable. Will pass any state inspection, the computer throws zero codes. Also included is an oil catch can. LS1's have a problem with shooting oil back into the intake through the pvc valve. The best solution is a seperate oil catch can for the pvc system, like what is installed on this car.

Radio is not stock . .
Pioneer CD player headunit, expensive Boston componet speakers in the doors. Only the rear sail panel speakers work, you'll need an amp to power the door speakers. Stereo still sounds nice though.

The ugly . . .
There is a slight chip in the driver's door, see pic. The sail panel has the typical bubbles in it, see pic. There are a few rock chips, but they are minimal considering the age/mileage. Overall, this car looks fantanstic for being a daily driver for the past 9 years. No major dings or dents either.

The only thing you can ding this car for is unevenly worn tires on the front. The rear tires still have 1/2 their tread though. I fixed the alignment problem, and decided to keep the tires as is. Right now I'm running the stock 16" wheels, and I know a lot of you guys want to run a bigger rim. The front tires are still servicble with no cords showing, but you might want to replace them in the next 5-10k miles.

I'm asking $7,000 for my Z28. Its a really nice car, but remember that it has a new automatic transmission and new shocks. Keep that in mind when you see other high mile LS1's for a little bit less.

Also, I'll be at Beech Bend raceway on Sat, Sept 6th if you want to check it out there . . .

Last edited by AronZ28; 09-09-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

bump . . .
Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

BUMP . . .

New price, $7000

Quick Reply: 99 Z28 for sale in Nashville . . .