Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Any good transmission shops near Shreveport/Bossier?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good transmission shops near Shreveport/Bossier?

My transmission is acting up (feels like the tc isn't locking up in fourth, even though rpms are dead on, and when I give it some throttle, the engine rpms flare up, and then the transmission catches- almost like if I were slipping/feathering a clutch), and I'm taking it to a place to have them tell me what, if anything, is wrong with it. If it needs a rebuild/replace, I would rather swap in a 6 speed than keep it an auto. The problem is the place that I'm taking it to says they don't do auto-manual swaps, so I was wondering if there is a place close that would be willing to do it. I could do it myself, but I don't have the time, and would like a guarantee that most places offer with their work.

Last edited by majeskyb; 10-02-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
Old 10-02-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i dont know if any places around here will do that kind of swap. i dont think they are knowledgeable enough about these cars. none that i know of specialize in that sort of stuff. a reputable trans shop that i know of is a and b trans on linwood. also there is one just north of downtown on N. market that is supposed to be pretty good. cant think of the name but its right where spring and market come together just north of downtown. some of the guys around here might pitch in and help you out. i have a trans jack you can borrow.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info 01SS. I'm going to go to PATC to have it looked at, since they sounded like they wouldn't charge anything to diagnose it. It's nice to know that there are people on here willing to help out. Thanks for offering the trans jack, but I don't think that I will need it. I'm pretty sure the auto hobby shop on base has one, and if I do go that route, I'll more than likely go on base to work on it (since I don't have that many tools at home yet).
Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

yea i was about to tell you to try patc
Old 10-03-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Stonewall Transmission is the ****.....Mike Hudson is who you need to talk to

Quick Reply: Any good transmission shops near Shreveport/Bossier?