Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

2000 Firehawk Formula/Trans Am? Long read!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 Firehawk Formula/Trans Am? Long read!

Hey guys! I have a question concerning my soon to be new Firehawk. It is a 2000 Black Firehawk Formula, 6 speed, with 33,000 miles. It is a R-Title, but it has been driven 20.000+ miles since the repair. Anyways the SPL sticker is faded but you can almost see it so i was wondering if maybe some of the paperwork the owner has has the RPO codes or SLP information on it to see if it really is a Formula not a T/A? He says that it is a Formula but it has a Trans Am bumper on the front (though he got parts off of a junker to repair it). I will buy this car either way and I drove it pretty hard yesterday and it checked out fine. Beautiful looking car and the guy only wants $8,000 for it and I already gave him some cash to hold it till spring. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

TJ
Old 10-13-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Need the VIN to confirm the build codes. Someone else here has access to the GM code library that can give ya more information.

A Trans Am will most likely be titled as a 'Formula' in most states anyway.
Because all the Trans Am's start out as a Formula on paper, then get the 'T/A' package.

So even tho the title shows Formula, it could still very well be a Trans Am model.
Which spoiler does it have? (That might help in deciding whihc way it was built also.)
Have you seen the GM-build/RPO codes?

Need more info basically, ...

(What's up with the Avatar? Is that the car, or simply a photo you had that you liked, & used it for the avatar?!?)
Old 10-13-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

(What's up with the Avatar? Is that the car, or simply a photo you had that you liked, & used it for the avatar?!?)[/QUOTE]

No no that is a pic of a car I dream of! I am uploading pics and I will put up the vin in a couple of minutes.

TJ
Old 10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by httrdd
No no that is a pic of a car I dream of! I am uploading pics and I will put up the vin in a couple of minutes.
Well hell, ..., I can make ya a hell of a deal on one of them 10th Ann'y cars!

Okay, maybe not at $8k, ...,
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Sorry the pics were taken late afternoon and with my crappy cell phone camera. She's a beauty!

The guy took good care of her and only put a couple of hundred miles on her in a few years! It has all of the options. Let me know what you think it is worth. Looking at the rear bumper and spoiler and considering it only had damage to the front I would say it is a Trans Am. Here is the VIN in case anyone can do a full check out for me.
2G2FV22GXY2152951

Thanks,
TJ
Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

TA Front Bumper, Cant tell about the back - too dark, TA Side Skirts, TA wing, TA Seats....I would say its a TA....

Its is missing the Firehawk plug on the front bumper too. But for $8K if you dont want it I do!

How many miles are on it?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

In the first post it says aprox. 33,000. That bumper was taken off of a scrap car so I knew they didn't give them a Firehawk junker to reapir it with, prob a regular Trans Am! Thanks for the info, but like i said it is sold and i will pick it up in the spring! Looking forward to more info on the Hawk!

Thanks,
TJ
Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Its is missing the Firehawk plug on the front bumper too. But for $8K if you dont want it I do!

What do you mean plug? I have been looking at pics of Firehawk T/A's and I cannot see the difference!

TJ
Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Teching In

What do you mean plug? I have been looking at pics of Firehawk T/A's and I cannot see the difference!
I think he's referring to the emblem/shield that goes between the intakes just forward of the hood and helps to hide the step that's visible there now.

I've got an extra emblem to sell if you're interested. Shoot me a PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JB74
I think he's referring to the emblem/shield that goes between the intakes just forward of the hood and helps to hide the step that's visible there now.

I've got an extra emblem to sell if you're interested. Shoot me a PM.
Thanks! I will let you know unless i just change the bumper out.

TJ
Old 10-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Thanks! I will let you know unless i just change the bumper out.
If it's a true Firehawk, you'll still need it regardless of whether you have the Formula or T/A style front clip. They're both the same in that area. Also, don't forget that the standard clips were trimmed a bit for the Firehawk hood to fit right.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

yea but the trim job sux when you open the hood, so I will have to get together with some firehawk guys and do some correcting or swaping out! More than likely you will be hearing from me about the emblem! What are you asking for it? Let me know.

TJ
Old 10-14-2008, 03:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
TA Front Bumper, Cant tell about the back - too dark, TA Side Skirts,
I never ever noticed that the firehawk had different sideskirts and front end than a Ws6 besides the intakes on the hood.....interesting
Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 AM
Teching In

Hi TJ,

Any chance you can post some more pics of where the front bumper meets the hood at the scoops? I've always wondered what this looks like without the Firehawk emblem (is it a relatively smooth transition, or is it a bit of a "stair step"?).

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Picture of the front bumper emblem

Does it have the Firehawk vinyl on the rear bumper? It doesn't look like it has the Bilstein suspension from the ride height. Is the Firehawk logo on the console?

But the price is great! Congrats TJ
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

I dont have anymore pics and I will not until I have the car in my driveway. I have not gotten under the car and checked the suspension but I saw some paperwork that SLP sent him and the papers authenticated it. The logo is on the console and I noticed the Firehawk vinyl on the right rear bumper. Thanks for the pics marc.... I will have more up in the spring!

TJ
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

There's one thing though........... Mine does not have the Red Fuzzy Dice.... Is that SLP special order?!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There's one thing though........... Mine does not have the Red Fuzzy Dice.... Is that SLP special order?!!!
Duh!! 1 of 1 option!
Old 10-14-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SimRacer1
I never ever noticed that the firehawk had different sideskirts and front end than a Ws6 besides the intakes on the hood.....interesting

They dont...he was trying to figure out if it was a Formula or a Trans Am Firehawk. Not if it was a Firehawk or not. If its a TA the bumpers (except where the front one is cut for the hood) and sideskirts are the same as any other TA. There were optional spoilers though.

Quick Reply: 2000 Firehawk Formula/Trans Am? Long read!