Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

help with vin numbers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with vin numbers!!!!

i want to get my build number on my 2000 ws6 and i go to look at my vin number on the door and double check on the windshield-i have two different numbers!!!! i bought the car from mac haik and got a carfax that shows the car never been wrecked but the only thing i can conclude is that the door came from a different car but if mine was never wrecked WTF?!?! how do i go about checking which is my real vin? and can i get in trouble with this if they ever look?

after looking up all my codes that are on the door i found two interesting ones. W68 which is firebird sport appearance and L36 which is a 427 cu. engine 390HP. a firebird with a 427?-i dont care about everything else but can i go somewhere and get my engine that they took out?!?! lol

Last edited by futuref-body; 11-28-2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: looked up RPO codes
Old 12-02-2008, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vin

Originally Posted by futuref-body
i want to get my build number on my 2000 ws6 and i go to look at my vin number on the door and double check on the windshield-i have two different numbers!!!! i bought the car from mac haik and got a carfax that shows the car never been wrecked but the only thing i can conclude is that the door came from a different car but if mine was never wrecked WTF?!?! how do i go about checking which is my real vin? and can i get in trouble with this if they ever look?

after looking up all my codes that are on the door i found two interesting ones. W68 which is firebird sport appearance and L36 which is a 427 cu. engine 390HP. a firebird with a 427?-i dont care about everything else but can i go somewhere and get my engine that they took out?!?! lol
*the door on your car came from a v-6 firebird ( new code L-36 )
*on the right hand upper windshield pillar, take back the door rubber from the windshield frame and you wil find a section of "dot matrix" numbers that should match the last 6 digits of your vin #
*you can also find these "dot matrix numbers" on the lowest portion towards the rear on the right hand quarter panel - you have to remove the bumper cover to see them though
*as far as the car fax goes, if it got wrecked without a police report made or without the insurance company involved then the carfax would be clean
*youll have to do your own legwork as to weather or not it is a real ws6 car without the right rpo stick on the door

Quick Reply: help with vin numbers!!!!