Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Blackbird owners thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackbird owners thread

Is there a previous thread of blackbird owners in here with pics and stats etc. I would love to see pics and hear feedback from owners. Do they have a registry? I dig those cars.

John
Old 01-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Anyone?

Has there ever been a good thread on Blackbirds.............I can't find one/

John
Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

blackbirds arent special edition cars. Carl Black (a dealership) simply bought them and souped them up and sold them as blackbirds. Im sure theyre numberd but i would bet you would have to call him, Gm didnt do those cars. Unless it was a joint effort but i never heard that before. They are f***ing sweet cars though!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Blackbirds ARE special edition cars modified by GMMG, Inc. GM wouldn't recognize them as a special edition car just like GM wouldn't recognize the Berger Camaros, the Tom Henry Camaros, the Dale Earnhardt Camaros, the Hot Rod Magazine Camaros, the ZL1 Supercars or the Dick Harrell Camaros as GM did not do the modifications. What makes them a Special Edition car is - GMMG modified them for Carl Black Ponitac and Year One just like GMMG modified Camaros for Berger Chevrolet, Tom Henry Chevrolet and Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
Blackbirds ARE special edition cars modified by GMMG, Inc. GM wouldn't recognize them as a special edition car just like GM wouldn't recognize the Berger Camaros, the Tom Henry Camaros, the Dale Earnhardt Camaros, the Hot Rod Magazine Camaros, the ZL1 Supercars or the Dick Harrell Camaros as GM did not do the modifications. What makes them a Special Edition car is - GMMG modified them for Carl Black Ponitac and Year One just like GMMG modified Camaros for Berger Chevrolet, Tom Henry Chevrolet and Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet.
Amen!!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

I just remembered this website. This should provide you with more then enough pictures and information.

http://www.firebirdgallery.com/carlblacklot1.htm
Old 01-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Unless it was a joint effort but i never heard that before. They are f***ing sweet cars though!
GM most definitely oversaw the GMMG program- Scott Settlemeyer to John Heinricy to Jon Moss etc-all GM platform mangers or engineers. Dealers can't just throw on hot rod parts and market them. Every GMMG car built within their dealer network had to comply with emissions standards,as well as GM warranties. Dealers doing sticker and tape edition cars are one thing,but engine and suspension alterations are a whole different level of liabilty.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
GM most definitely oversaw the GMMG program- Scott Settlemeyer to John Heinricy to Jon Moss etc-all GM platform mangers or engineers. Dealers can't just throw on hot rod parts and market them. Every GMMG car built within their dealer network had to comply with emissions standards,as well as GM warranties. Dealers doing sticker and tape edition cars are one thing,but engine and suspension alterations are a whole different level of liabilty.

i didnt know GMMG was involved- i guessed but thought i would have heard it. Good to know! Either way they're sick
Old 02-17-2009, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

01 #3 Phase II & 02 #38 (The Bobby Labonte Blackbird) are @ www.daytonpacecars.com
Old 02-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned

not to b a dick or nething. but whats so special about these cars? as far as i can see they are just run of the mill bolt on cars.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Banned

^ ^ ^ what is so special about the camaros? so bolt on ****.

the black bird was a limtied car, that had more horse. like a berger, or tom herny.

and you could get the headers and cam and heads. or go to phase 3 and get the 427. just like the camaro. but the coolest part about all GMMG cars is that they keep factory warrenty. and used off the self Gm parts to get the great numbers

Quick Reply: Blackbird owners thread