Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Vette vs Supercharged SS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vette VS SCSS

I know no one can tell me what I should do, but what would you do?

I have a Vortech aftercooled supercharger kit, supercharger cam kit, and basically everything needed to install the supercharger and cam. Pretty soon I should have enough money I could get forged internals, a new clutch, and new rear end. I also want to get some chrome rims and maybe ground effects.

My car is an m6 2001 SS with 61000 miles. I already have an intake, hooker LT's, ORP, Corsa cat back, and a B&M Ripper shifter in it. I'm having a very hard time trying to figure out if I want to finish fixing my car up or get a Vette. I have always wanted a Corvette, but never had enough money to get one. I was involved in a drunk driving accident and I might be getting some money. Probably around 10,000.

Looking on ebay, I've seen a few 98-99 with around 30,000 miles for around 25,000.

How much do you think I could get for my car, and what would YOU do? I've been saving up and buying parts for the last year and I'm getting tired of trying to get everything together for the SS. I kinda want to start over with a Vette and maybe something simple like a cam and nitrous.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Vette VS SCSS

...I've been saving up and buying parts for the last year and I'm getting tired of trying to get everything together for the SS. I kinda want to start over with a Vette and maybe something simple like a cam and nitrous.
personally, id keep the SS, especially with all those badass mods you have planned . BUT it sounds to me like you would really rather have a vette, so i say do whatever makes u happy!
Old 10-08-2003, 01:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the money, I'd rather have a really fast modified SS than a slow stock 'Vette...but that's just me.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:26 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

I just went through the same damn thing. I really like the Vettes. But around this time next year the C6 will be out and the C5s will be an "out-dated" car.
Keep the SS!!! Just my $.02

Craig
Old 10-08-2003, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Um, I would get the vette. If there is on badass car its the corvette. I would buy the corvette and spray like a 75-100 shot and there, its fast too.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't even think about the c6 comming out. I think I'm going to keep my car and finish what I've started. I'm just fustrated trying to find someone to do the work.

Does anyone know of a shop around north Louisiana that will install everything? Thunder Racing will only install parts you get from them, and AMS won't return my emails.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

vettes are really nice. but everything costs a bit more, ie headers, tires, etc. you definately get more bang for your buck with an f-body. if money is no object, go with the vette. just my $.02

Old 10-08-2003, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

Go with the vette man, you wont regret it
Old 10-08-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SC SS... with what you have for that car you'd eat a vette alive... if ya drop all yur money on the vette you wouldnt have money for mods
Old 10-08-2003, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think I would be happy with a Vette after the new ones came out. I've talked myself into keeping the SS. Now I just need to find someone that will install everything for me. Thunder Racing won't install anything not purchased in their shop and AMS won't return my emails.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

if you get the vette, plan on it being slow for awhile cause mods are double the price than F-bodys. it sux
Old 10-09-2003, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disagree. Charge the SS. A vette is definitely a pimp ride, but think about it- a blown LS1 is an awesome, and you did all the work yourself. I'd say keep the SS.

Quick Reply: Vette vs Supercharged SS?