Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Feedback on a 2011 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on a 2011 Trans Am

I know this has been discussed thoroughly, but I'm about to ask for some positive feedback regarding the latest TA proposal. If anyone's seen the article in the August 09 issue of High Performance Pontiac (about ASC's 2011 design), would you care to write a short statement explaining why you want it?

This is for a persuasive essay pre-write for my COM105 class. For *****'n'giggles I'll do my essay as a plead to GM to allow this car to be built. As my secondary source I'll be stating opinions from this thread (hopefully!); nobody will be quoted by name.

As I said, I'm just getting some source material for this persuasive essay. So, if you think this is the worst idea since the Firehawk G8, don't bother with this thread. I'm not conducting a poll, I just need to hear some reasons why the fans want a new Trans Am.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Might have a more responses in the trans am section.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I guess. Didn't there use to be a thread for discussing future vehicles? Since I couldn't find it, I put mine here since ASC is (maybe) doing the car, and they were responsible for the WS6.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

ASC's proposal is one of a few I'm aware of...that may be batch-built outside GM's domain...

1) Makes a "fitting" memorial vehicle for Pontiac Dealers (those that remain...) to market in their final months...potentially a great traffic-builder...kind of an "8 years after" version of the Final Edition '02.

2) Will NOT be validated by GM, and therefore will be Tier-type exercise only... The cost and time required to validate it by GM/Pontiac just isn't available...

3) Built in the small numbers that Pontiac's "sunset" predicates means low volume, and instant collectiblity... THIS one is definitely a Final Edition...
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Well, thanks to the two of you for posting. What I was really looking for is something like "Yes, of course they should make another T/A!" Or something like that. This topic has already been discussed many times, I just wanted some more sources for a persuasive essay I'm writing. I just chose the topic at random.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

should they make another TA? yes.
but why? they are already basically BROKE, spending money on a brand of car that has already been decided to be shut down is plain dumb.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think Trans Ams for 2011 are a NO GO...
Old 06-07-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

The TA is dead and the last REAL Trans Am will still be the 2002 model year.

Any ASC built kit car will still say CAMARO on the VIN and title.

Quick Reply: Feedback on a 2011 Trans Am