Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

new guy lookin at a firehawk help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy lookin at a firehawk help please

i am goin tomorrow to look a a 2000 firehawk auto car. 95k on it with new brakes, calipers, and rotors, tires and alignment... otherwise bone stock.

please help educate me on the differences associated with a firehawk vs. a ws6 car and help me decide on what the car will need for a simple bolt on street car that will see very little track time only a nice street cruise with occasional throttle stomps....it has to have a nice exhaust note first and foremost,... not a loud neighbor killer.... and here there is no reason to keep cats we have no inspections

oh BTW they want 10k cash is that a good deal?

thanks!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/1740897-post19.html
Old 10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StreetGliderX
i am goin tomorrow to look a a 2000 firehawk auto car. 95k on it with new brakes, calipers, and rotors, tires and alignment... otherwise bone stock.

please help educate me on the differences associated with a firehawk vs. a ws6 car and help me decide on what the car will need for a simple bolt on street car that will see very little track time only a nice street cruise with occasional throttle stomps....it has to have a nice exhaust note first and foremost,... not a loud neighbor killer.... and here there is no reason to keep cats we have no inspections

oh BTW they want 10k cash is that a good deal?

thanks!
Get the production number of the car from the owner and visit firehawk.org You will be able to see exactly what options were put on the car. If no production number available get the VIN from the owner and contact Dave hamberger on this site and he should be able to tell you the production number and options. That car better be in excellent condition and be a high option Hawk to get 10k....
Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zuuhlsT/A
Get the production number of the car from the owner and visit firehawk.org You will be able to see exactly what options were put on the car. If no production number available get the VIN from the owner and contact Dave hamberger on this site and he should be able to tell you the production number and options. That car better be in excellent condition and be a high option Hawk to get 10k....
10k is a good price... unless its a pile of
Old 10-13-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

guy;s think about this : 10k for a numbered car !!! you all pay that much for ??????? all the time, if it looks good then get it . don't let the t/a and ws6 guys fool ya,!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

ok fellas lots of awsome info here thanks a ton!!! well i got it for 9k he fudged some.... it is #328 for 2000 its black on black auto,...all vin and RPO codes check out as original FireHawk......

overall car is in awsome condition interior is emaculate... one crack in corner of dash and one on driver door panel. aside from that its hard to tell the seats have been sat in... firehawk mats and flat aluminum rims. STOCK STOCK STOCK,... and it sucks sucks sucks, i cant even hear it run.... the stereo has lost its lights for the display so i gotta hunt me one of those and i got one speaker in the back right makin a rattle.... all this was expected for a 95k mile car....

now for the body STRAIGHT but with swirl marks from the normal wash jobs by amatuers... i see a few chips along but nothing major.... i think all swirls will buff out if done professionally... i gonna try hand waxin it first...

over all guys i more than happy with it its super tight rides and dont rattle no slop in suspension its smooth as silk and a real strong runner. its rainin like pourin **** out of a boot here so i will get pics up soon....

NOW lets get to business if i want a nice mellow good flowin exhaust what do i need? i dont wanna rattle the neighbors but i wanna know i traveling with an LS1. also i feel it needs a better intake setup.... seems like the car could do so much with some more breath... it just planes out in upper rpm's...

again thanks for all the help fellas
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Congrads ..... it makes me cringe to know that people can get these cars for 9k now a days.

Try GMMG for exhaust.

Im sure you will read more than you want to know about this new car of yours on this site.