Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

GMMG Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry man but I have to ask everyone to disregard this comment! You don't know what you are talking about. I have the first hand story. The guys from Berger showed up at GMMG and helped Matt and his emplyees finish the cars in about a weeks time and before they could get them done the guys just packed up and took the cars with them and shoved all of the parts inside them. They didn't even help hardly. One of the guys just stood around while Matt and the guys worked. If you think that Matt didn't finish the cars because he is going under or something that IS NOT TRUE! Berger was being an *** about it and just took the cars. Do not blame GMMG.
Get your story straight first bro before you start spreading rumors.

Originally Posted by MONTERAY MAROON Z28
We had two Camaro's still in Georgia that hadn't been totally converted yet.We just received them in different states of completion.

The first one is a red car and the other one is black.Here are the pictures of the red one.

Assorted parts everywhere inside.

Kendall

--------------------
70 Nova SS 396 4spd 3.55Posi
1928 Ford A Rat-Rod Project

found this on the yenko.net board about some non completed dick harrell cars.I do not know what happend to the pictures but go the the berger chevrolet part on the yenko board
Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daytonajim
Any idea how I can contact Matt Murphy?

E-mail, phone & fax are not working.

I've been trying for months.

I've heard the shop is closed. Is this right?

Thanks. Jim
Same for me. You can PM me if you want. Show season is around the corner and I need a few things for my Blackbird and have not been able to get in contact with him since last spring/summer. Any info will help.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jmspeed
If you are looking for a GMMG car... My 02 Dick Harrell 35th Anniversary Performance Edition is for sale. I will make someone a deal on it too. One of only 2 built. My car has 8800 miles, never in rain and I guarantee you won't find a nicer Camaro up underneath anywhere!! If anyone is interested I will take $26,500 for it. Got my eye on a 69 Camaro and so this one has to go. Feel free to send me a Pm and we can talk more. Thanks, Jmspeed

Car has 4:10 gears, as well as the dynatech long tube headers. Also has a special cam. Car makes 400 to the rear tires! All work done by GMMG!! GMMG serial number and invoice too.
could we all see more shots plz?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Here are some more pictures of my 35th Anniversary Dick Harrell Performance Edition (Non widebody car). I have actually decided to hang on to the car for a while. If I change my mind I will be sure to post it up for sale again. Car I was looking at buying fell thru, so I am going to hang onto this for a while longer!! Thanks for your interest, Jmspeed
Attached Thumbnails GMMG Closed?-jbm_6519.jpg   GMMG Closed?-jbm_6520.jpg   GMMG Closed?-jbm_6521.jpg   GMMG Closed?-jbm_6306.jpg   GMMG Closed?-jbm_6331.jpg  

Old 03-04-2010, 07:23 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

One side of the story is worthless.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by driver0926
Westonan: Dude, you may want to go thru and re-read some of the posts. And you definitely have to have an internal truth filter on when listening to some people. Can all these people here be wrong? Why don't you call Matt Berger, get the facts and let us know the truth?
Ok listen man I spoke personally to Matt at his shop last week about this very issue and so I don't really see how I can get a better story unless I call up Berger and talk to him but unfortunately I don't have his cell number or else I would. All I can say is that there have been some ugly rumors spread about GMMG through posts just like the one you quoted above. The people spreading posts just like that one are being delt with trust me. If you want to go meet with Matt at GMMG and talk to him about it then go right ahead but I already beat you to it so please don't challenge my credibility.

For those of you that need GMMG's new shop phone # 770-592-6261
I told Matt that his phone # on the site isn't working but he just hasn't gotten the chance to change it I guess.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

My personal experiences have been better with Matt Murphy than Berger.
BTW - ZL1 #51 Phase II, Blue and White stripes, 1,600 miles...best offer over $65K....a steal! Got to make room to bring the 496 Warhawk home!!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why hasn't Matt come in here? Not taking ANY side, I'm just saying I've seen these threads enough and when the shop in question just makes an appearance it goes away...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Why hasn't Matt come in here? Not taking ANY side, I'm just saying I've seen these threads enough and when the shop in question just makes an appearance it goes away...

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Do you REALLY know who is posting on here, really? Is it several people grousing about GMMG, or one or two with multiple aliases and agendas stirring the pot?. Point is never trust anything you read on an internet forum. Matt isn't going to engage with text fields, he's focused on getting his biz back on line. Did he run in to a rough patch? absolutley, many have the last couple years but he's a survivor. There are several shops that will take your money, some do great work, but none are GMMG. Twelve thousand hits on this thread are testimony to that and like the cliche' goes there is no such thing as bad P.R.

So you can listen to an I.P. address, or talk to the man, he returns all my calls and many others too.

"The reports of my death were greatly exaggerated"
Mark Twain
Old 03-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
Do you REALLY know who is posting on here, really? Is it several people grousing about GMMG, or one or two with multiple aliases and agendas stirring the pot?. Point is never trust anything you read on an internet forum. Matt isn't going to engage with text fields, he's focused on getting his biz back on line. Did he run in to a rough patch? absolutley, many have the last couple years but he's a survivor. There are several shops that will take your money, some do great work, but none are GMMG. Twelve thousand hits on this thread are testimony to that and like the cliche' goes there is no such thing as bad P.R.

So you can listen to an I.P. address, or talk to the man, he returns all my calls and many others too.

"The reports of my death were greatly exaggerated"
Mark Twain
I personally LOVE what GMMG has done for the community and want to see them do very well for many years to come. That's why I say pop in and post, you know?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:00 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

C'mon guys....this thread has been civil for 167 posts now....let's keep it that way!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you that need GMMG's new shop phone # 770-592-6261
I told Matt that his phone # on the site isn't working but he just hasn't gotten the chance to change it I guess.

Thank you for posting his new phone number. I will call him today. Thanks again.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Default Gmmg

Matt has my full support I have been very happy with his company.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default GMMG Closed?

Originally Posted by ZL1 #14
Matt has my full support I have been very happy with his company.
Well said ! ! ! I agree 110%
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Thank you everyone for showing your support of GMMG! That place is incredible and will continue its legacy of producing race class F-bodies. Long live GMMG!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:59 PM

I just want to get PAID!!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

I just want my cats back, the last time I was there Matt and A black cat were in a fight over the last of the fruit loops. I also would like my oval tips.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:06 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

How come this thread has brought out all the first time posters??
Old 03-10-2010, 09:13 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I thought some bitch made a wise *** remark. Maybe not. Either way, bite me.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default GMMG Closed?

Originally Posted by grb
I thought some bitch made a wise *** remark. Maybe not. Either way, bite me.
Ray, you stirring the pot again?

Quick Reply: GMMG Closed?