Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birth Cert Information

Does anyone know how/where to get the window stickers/birth certs for
our cars. I bought my car used and really want those documents just to
have.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

I am interested also!!! Same situation here, anybody know??????
Old 12-16-2003, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01transam
I am interested also!!! Same situation here, anybody know??????
You will need to talk to someone over at SLP for the birth certificate 732-349-2109 http://www.slponline.com/ I think a dealer can obtain the window sticker copy. Hopes this helps!
Old 12-18-2003, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out WWW.Window-Sticker.Com

They can supply you with a reproduction of the original GM
document. Not sure about Super Sport second stickers though.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

I recently ordered my "portfolio" from SLP. This will have your birth certificate and some other little things. Even though SLP lists the window sticker, they are not sending any out. The reason being is that they are currently in negotiations with the people that make the paper that sticker is printed on. SLP told me that they will be available sometime around the beginning of the year to put the sticker out again. The certificate is something around $22.00, just provide them with your VIN number.
Good luck!
Old 01-02-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am also interested in this but my car is a 2002 ws6 TA and i have read that they are "transformed" by another company?? ANyone know who and How I and anyone else will be able to get one? I am mosty interested in my build number.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hayze
I am also interested in this but my car is a 2002 ws6 TA and i have read that they are "transformed" by another company?? ANyone know who and How I and anyone else will be able to get one? I am mosty interested in my build number.
WS6 performance package are installed by ASC (American Sunroof Company)
Old 01-04-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

A sunroof company? WTF??? Its it even possible that i can get a build number from them?? Has anyone else with a 2002 ws6 TA gotten one from them, and how long will it take? A Sunroof Company?? someone explain why and why not SLP?
Old 01-05-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A sunroof company? WTF??? Its it even possible that i can get a build number from them?? Has anyone else with a 2002 ws6 TA gotten one from them, and how long will it take? A Sunroof Company?? someone explain why and why not SLP?
lol, yeah it was a sunroof company who used to do the WS6 conversions from 1998 to 2002 but after the f-body production died, I found out shortly they changed their name to:

Also ASC now stands for “American Specialty Cars” as of yesterday (jan 4th 2004)
http://www.ascglobal.com/sub_pages/n...01.04.2004.asp
SLP used to do the WS6 form 1996 to 1997.

You can get your build number from ASC, here's how:

Who to get a hold of from ASC for your Conversion#:
Email: marty.straub@ascglobal.com or
Phone:
Make sure you include your VIN# as well as your Year.

*Please be patient when waiting for a response from Marty. He is taking his own time looking up your info and then emailing it back to you.
And look in the 1998 year in this company time line:
http://www.ascglobal.com/profile/history.htm
1998 ASC produces functional air ram system and vehicle enhancement package for Pontiac WS6
Old 01-05-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the information and going through if any trouble, if so you did to find this out....i still think SLP should have done the conversion though.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

For the factory GM window sticker you can log on to www.phs-online.com. They also have another package for the factory built sheet and other info for your car. I think the window sticker is $39 and the built sheet package is $25. If you want the window sticker from SLP you need to talk with Matt at SLP. He can also get you the birth cert for you car. I hope this helps if you need anything else please e-mail me.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the information and going through if any trouble, if so you did to find this out....i still think SLP should have done the conversion though.
Your welcome

Yeah but now SLP does ford, I dislike them now that they're doing fords and the prices still remain high from them.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

You used to be able to call ASC and get the build number. I actually got my build number, date, time, and bunch of other information. Don't let the name of the company get you down. ASC has done a lot of conversions, just a few off the top of my head:

Buick Grand National GNX
Also all convertible conversions on cars that did not have a factory option: Toyota celica, etc.

And really what does it take to slap a fiberglass hood, decals, air box, wheels etc on a car, not really much. GM should have done it house really, infact a lot of stuff that used to be done at SLP for the camaro's started to be done at GM.

Gary
Old 01-07-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red ws6 99
You used to be able to call ASC and get the build number. I actually got my build number, date, time, and bunch of other information. Don't let the name of the company get you down. ASC has done a lot of conversions, just a few off the top of my head:

Buick Grand National GNX
Also all convertible conversions on cars that did not have a factory option: Toyota celica, etc.

And really what does it take to slap a fiberglass hood, decals, air box, wheels etc on a car, not really much. GM should have done it house really, infact a lot of stuff that used to be done at SLP for the camaro's started to be done at GM.

Gary
Yeah, There was pictures of f-bodies rolling out at a factory in st. thearse on chevrolet.com website on 'see how the camaro is built'
and it had a silver Z28 with no badges but with year 2000 17" wheels on it!
no ss hood or spoiler, only the wheels, while sitting in the inspection room pending pass or fail for exterior flaws and stuff like that.

I did wonder why SLP had to do it in their house instead of GM doing it in house where the cars are built. I do recall that GM and SLP did get into a legal fight over the SS package in 1996 or before that year.

SLP designed the package, including the hood and spoiler.
Either SLP wanted too much $$$ for the sale of the designs or they wouldn't sell it but do it in house while GM supplies them the cars for the conversions, so a contract was made between SLP and GM and the dispute was settled.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your SS had no SLP options, even though it was converted by them, you wouldn't need their window sticker right?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Pontiac Historic Services Home Try this site if still interested.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by red ws6 99

Gary
For a base SS, sure. But when you start adding the optional content (suspensions and rears to name the big ones) it would probably be a big PITA to stop the line in order to swap out components. Not to mention storing all the parts for a "niche" car.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:54 AM
STF Veteran

I got lucky when I bought mine. The guy that had it before me kept EVERYTHING. I have the SLP build sheet and the window sticker. I even have the head engineer from SLP's signature in my engine bay.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where can I find the production number for my 2000 SS with no SLP options??
Old 01-06-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BoneSS
If your SS had no SLP options, even though it was converted by them, you wouldn't need their window sticker right?
If your SS has no SLP "options", the car was shipped w/Chevrolet sticker only. Also, cars with SLP options have a sticker on the outside edge of one door, listing the options and date of mfg. WJ

Quick Reply: Birth Cert Information