Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

firehawk- the definition of neglect...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the car and I say go for the IROC SLP Firehawk spoiler (it was a $1,200 Firehawk option) and that way you aren't putting a trans am spoiler on your formula..but then again I might be a little biased about this spoiler:

another view:

compare to: https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...-spoilers.html

Last edited by John02Hawk; 05-01-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1965GP
Thanks- after thinking about it I figured the hooks were for car seats.

It has the blackwing airlid so I guess it is a 345 car. There is no way this guy put that on the car

Another question- should I put a T/A spoiler on it? I always thought about it on my 95 Firehawk but it still has the formula hatch.

Also considered painting the wheels black since they need to be painted anyway.

Thanks for the replies.
gr8 project! yes,yes,yes put the Trans Am spoiler on this car ASAP thats why i dont like the Formula or Firehawks they look 2 plain like the firebird v6(no offense to the firebird,formula,firehawk owners) just my opinion
Old 04-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some ppl just need 2 own only fords because they dont know how 2 treat beautiful machines like the Camaro and Trans Am
Old 05-01-2010, 09:13 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965GP
Thanks- after thinking about it I figured the hooks were for car seats.
You are correct Sir!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all of the comments- really excited about this project!

Love the CHMSL spoiler- almost bought one once 'just in case'.... should have bought it. I think I am going to leave the formula spoiler until I can find the Iroc style spoiler.

did plugs and wires last night and my arms look like i got in a fight with a bobcat!

tried cleaning the carpet in the hatch today and I don;t think it is going to happen- looks like some of it was from a piece that rusted.

car doesn't look like a flood car- we get a lot of that in Houston now.

waiting on rotors from WS6 store (great guys to deal with by the way) and then it is off to the paint shop.

I have a few LT-1 cars (95 Firehawk #515, 94 25th anniv and 97 WS6 formula vert) but this is my first LS F body. motor looks pretty simple and runs strong. wifes GTO was an LS1 car but we never did anything to it.

I'm expecting to have about 9500 into this car with a new paint job, cleaned up interior and stereo which I think is a great deal. May put seat covers on it eventually- these seats look easier than the ones in my 94.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good lookin car OP! Get that thing painted n cleaned up, sad to see a Hawk in that condition! Keep us updated on pics!

Vince
Old 05-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update: drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk pads from WS6 store are on- breakin them in tomorrow.

Good think about this car is that there isn't much to strip off before it is painted.

Planning on blacking out f and r turn signals and having the wheels painted a really bright silver. Should be at the paint shop in next two weeks- I'll keep ya'll posted.

Quick Reply: firehawk- the definition of neglect...