Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Apparently a Firehawk isn't a collector's car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wu6fiend
You are a little off on Firehawk production. SLP made about 5000 Firehawks from 1991-2002. The truly collectable ones were the 1991-1992 models. SLP significantly "decontented" the model when it came to the 4th Gen cars, as the 3rd Gens were priced at the Corvette level. Very few buyers were prepared to pay that amount of money for an F-body, no matter how modified.

The main problem with the CETA is its color. Vastly more people dislike it than like it. It wasn't a hot seller when it was new. If you want a collectable Trans Am, it would be the 1989 TTA, followed by the 1999 30th Anniversary car.

I would bet that if you had a 2002 Firehawk, and your 2002 CETA, and both were for sale, you would have a far easier time finding a buyer for the Hawk than the CETA.
i dont mean to ruin your credibilty. but 92 was the first year of firehawk. i didnt include it cuase it was a 3rd gen body. but SLP only made 50 of them in 92. and yes that is worth money.

and the firehawk vs CETA for sale would be hard to do. since the only right way would be to have it option for option. which means color, int, ws6, auto/stick, hurst/not hurst shifter, so then i bet they would both have a lot of hits. since they both would be yellow.

but you are prolby right, nwe the CETA didnt go over the best. now they still carry a lot of there value. and it is the only model you could have got a yellow LS based for gen. ( pontiac side ) and i like the yellow. it donest blend like all the other colors
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wu6fiend
You are a little off on Firehawk production. SLP made about 5000 Firehawks from 1991-2002. The truly collectable ones were the 1991-1992 models. SLP significantly "decontented" the model when it came to the 4th Gen cars, as the 3rd Gens were priced at the Corvette level. Very few buyers were prepared to pay that amount of money for an F-body, no matter how modified.

The main problem with the CETA is its color. Vastly more people dislike it than like it. It wasn't a hot seller when it was new. If you want a collectable Trans Am, it would be the 1989 TTA, followed by the 1999 30th Anniversary car.

I would bet that if you had a 2002 Firehawk, and your 2002 CETA, and both were for sale, you would have a far easier time finding a buyer for the Hawk than the CETA.
I thought he meant around 500 per year, which is roughly accurate. I thought about 470 T/A hawks in 01, and maybe 70 or so Formula hawks, so a little over 500. There was a thread on here about which cars were the most desirable as far as collectibilty etc, and most of the polls indicated hawks before CETA and '99 editions. Just saying lol.
Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
i am sorry. but how many hawks were ever made? say atleast 500 from 93 up. right? more or less some years.

well they ONLY made 1 year of CETA. 2002. the last year. and the name says COLLECTOR EDITION Trans Am.lol. just giving you ****.

i think both cars are collector cars. now i think the CETA is worth more but i am biased.
I just meant in one "single year" there were only about a quarter of the amount of hawks made as CETAs is all. Wasn't there over 2000 CETAs in 02, where as only 500 hawks or so. Sorry, my numbers aren't accurate anymore because I forget, but you get the picture. But you are right, they're both desirable these days, especially with the death of Firebirds followed by the death of Pontiacs. I have noted the price hike in my area for all birds right now, everyone is asking crazy prices for them , and some are actually selling them at those prices. People like having something that they don't see on every corner, and these birds are starting to get a "little" harder to find around here. I'm "biased" too
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
i dont mean to ruin your credibilty. but 92 was the first year of firehawk. i didnt include it cuase it was a 3rd gen body. but SLP only made 50 of them in 92. and yes that is worth money.
Wow, there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Here is the Firehawk production, year by year:

1991 - 8 (another source says 6 in 1991 and 19 in 1992)
1992 - 17
1994 - 500
1995 - 671
1996 - 41
1997 - 116
1998 - 0 (Firehawk content added to 6 cars at SLP's Troy MI plant. No WU6 code, though. Used for marketing, and then sold off. Do sometimes appear for sale on the internet)
1999 - 719
2000 - 742
2001 - 540
2002 - 1505

Total production = 5060

Source: "Pontiac Excitement" magazine Summer 2002
Old 05-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Here is a link that gives a breakdown of production cars
http://www.transamworld.com/fbird-history-php4.php

if you need the earlier years 1991 and 1992 go to third gen.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Teching In

I think they are collectible in their own right. Low mileage ones will obviously bring the most coin. I don't believe they will pull Hemi Cuda numbers one day, but they may go for decent ching. I have decided to hold onto mine, made some other money management moves to make it possible. I love the car! I hope to buy another one in 5 years with under 5K miles Black on Black, Red on Black, or White on Black. I would even consider Pewter or Silver though they aren't my first choices!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I love my Hawk & think it has a certain amount of collectability, But first & formost they were built to DRIVE & you better believe I will be driving this sweet peice of excitement!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Got my 02 for a great price slightly over 100k miles but the engine was well kept all records and original owner. On the flip side it needs a good amount of cosmetic TLC the previous owner kept the motor and drive train respectable but the interior and paint are another story. Some people just treated these cars like an everyday car not a rare item...
Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there will be cars that will end up being worth more.. Something like a purple/gold hardtop formula 6 speed all cloth/manual ws6 or something of that nature. I don't think an average black m6 ebony interior 2002 ttop firehawk will be worth (or at least a significant amount) anymore than any other Trans Am.

I could be wrong though!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Launching!

^^^^^ I guess you're right A T-Top Black/Ebony M6 Formula Firehawk isn't worth anything!!! Since they made a bunch of them in 02 (167 Formulas of which 39 were black) & I'm sure everyone of them came with every SLP option!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Launching!

oh & I forgot to mention they were all M6s too
Old 07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Big Chuk
^^^^^ I guess you're right A T-Top Black/Ebony M6 Formula Firehawk isn't worth anything!!! Since they made a bunch of them in 02 (167 Formulas of which 39 were black) & I'm sure everyone of them came with every SLP option!
oh & I forgot to mention they were all M6s too
Calm down and don't get your girl feelings hurt too much. I didn't think I needed to break down EVERY single different production car I think would be worth something, you know what was meant.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
I think there will be cars that will end up being worth more.. Something like a purple/gold hardtop formula 6 speed all cloth/manual ws6 or something of that nature. I don't think an average black m6 ebony interior 2002 ttop firehawk will be worth (or at least a significant amount) anymore than any other Trans Am.

I could be wrong though!
Mr. Girl Feelings
I believe You said an 02 m6 ttop black/ebony firehawk would would be worth no more than your average TRANS AM...... That is pretty specific & sounds like my piece of JUNK!!

I could be wrong though
Old 07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mr. Girl Feelings
I believe You said an 02 m6 ttop black/ebony firehawk would would be worth no more than your average TRANS AM...... That is pretty specific & sounds like my piece of JUNK!!

I could be wrong though
A formula and a Firehawk are two different options.

Do I think yours would be worth as much if it were a stripper hard top? No.. Will it be worth more than your average Firehawk? Yes.

Again, this is just opinion.. Just like yours and everyone else.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Launching!

Calm down and don't get your girl feelings hurt too much. I didn't think I needed to break down EVERY single different production car I think would be worth something, you know what was meant.
and just exactly what SE F-Body do you have that make you such an expert on how my car is worthless????
Old 07-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Launching!

A formula and a Firehawk are two different options.

Do I think yours would be worth as much if it were a stripper hard top? No.. Will it be worth more than your average Firehawk? Yes.

Again, this is just opinion.. Just like yours and everyone else.
Mine IS exactly as you described it was your post but here is a reminder

I don't think an average black m6 ebony interior 2002 ttop firehawk will be worth (or at least a significant amount) anymore than any other Trans Am
Old 07-05-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

and just exactly what SE F-Body do you have that make you such an expert on how my car is worthless????
I have a base model Trans Am with a Ws6 hood.

What makes the car I drive important what so ever? I thought everyone was putting in their opinion. I put mine in and you got all butt hurt over it. You think every single person that works for B. Jackson drives a collector car? In my opinion your car is worth no more than mine, hence the reason I just bought the first killer deal I came across. I would buy my car ten times over before I bought yours, no offense taken that is just my preference, I don't like **** stock.

Again, you are the one saying I said your car is worthless. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine IS exactly as you described it was your post but here is a reminder

I don't think an average black m6 ebony interior 2002 ttop firehawk will be worth (or at least a significant amount) anymore than any other Trans Am
Really? Exactly? Yours isn't a formula? I could have swore your sig said, "06 RamQCSB 4.7 Stock 02 Firehawk Formula #0117 M6 Back in Black".

Could be wrong though...
Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn some of you Firehawk/SE owners are pretty touchy, huh. Maybe even more than the Vette/GTO guys.

I'm done with it.. Have fun with your special edition collectors car that isn't going to pull in any more money than any other ragged out base model.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Oh I see so you have no SE car,But yet you see fit to come into the SE thread & put your "opinions" on other peoples SE cars? And if a "base model Trans Am is so great why be a poser & put a Ws6 hood on it?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Damn some of you Firehawk/SE owners are pretty touchy, huh. Maybe even more than the Vette/GTO guys.

I'm done with it.. Have fun with your special edition collectors car that isn't going to pull in any more money than any other ragged out base model.
You were done with it before you got started posing with someone elses hood!

Quick Reply: Apparently a Firehawk isn't a collector's car?