Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

SLP build stickers for the door?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welllll. When I purchased my Firehawk with only 12,000 miles on it, The Original Stickers were unreadable...... I had a Set made by Dave Hamburger about 3 years ago, and the Printing on them was not the same as the Originals, So I guess you could say that the one I bought from him were no better than the 40.00 ones being sold. I don't think anybody will ever match the exact fonts of the Originals, But who is going to know anyway???

Last edited by Cheetoh; 02-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, I never knew about the guy on the Firehawk boards. I found this thread and just posted w/o reading it. Kinda feel like an *** now, but at least my heart was in the right place. I saw all of us bitching for a while and finally wanted to spear-head something myself and help some people out.

On a side note, to match the font, it takes a Zebra printer. Google it or flea bay it. But yeah, after checking out the other guy's stuff, it's really nice. I guess I could get a set from him, and also have him do the print on my originals just to have.

Well, I guess we can finally lay this to rest. I do, however, hightly reccomend we do some sort of sticky for the reproduction stickers, as this gets brought up ALOT. Maybe include it in a FAQ?

I tried guys....
Old 02-21-2011, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't feel too bad. He only beat you to the idea by about 1 week.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I received my reproduction door decals for my Firehawk from LT4 hawk 9, and I am very happy with them. My original ones were not too faded, however I wanted a spare set just in case. Mike was very quick about getting them made and extremely professional.

As you can see there are minor differences from the original ones on the door but I doubt most people would notice. If I had to replace the original decals for some reason I would disclose that the replacements are reproduction. That being said from what I have read is it even possible to get "original" decals anymore?

If you look closely, SLP was careless and some of the printing on the decals ran off the edge and some of the lines did not line up correctly. Mike called me and asked if I wanted to have my new ones look EXACTLY like the ones on my car or he could make the corrections to make them the way they are SUPPOSED to look.

I think this is an excellent resource for replacement decals and I am very glad that he has gone to the effort of doing this for a reasonable price.

Derek
Attached Thumbnails SLP build stickers for the door?-imgp1428.jpg   SLP build stickers for the door?-imgp1427.jpg   SLP build stickers for the door?-imgp1443.jpg  
Old 02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Excellent, ...,
Your original decals are one of the few, that are still legible, ...
Old 02-22-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Getting them from LT4 Hawk 9 sure is tempting after seeing those. I really wouldn't want to go through the effort of finding a printer for them and doing them myself.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to design (I kinda have to be, see signature) and there is one thing that bothers me. The numbers written vertically up the right side are too closely spaced, and that annoys me and doesn't match the originals. Next person who gets them should request he increase the tracking of that set of numbers. The rest looks really good.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm actually looking for the outer sticker for the rear bumper as my bumper apparently has been painted and the sticker is missing. Thanks . Also on a side note, if anyone knows of any way to obtain the "plaque" on the inside of the car ( on the dash-stating SLP number etc?) please point me in the right direction. Mine is missing

Sorry to thread hijack here sir. Any help at all from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:22 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Try thirdshiftstudios or specializedstainless. I won't link to it, but I could swear I saw the plaques on there. Best of luck
Old 02-22-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if anyone knows of any way to obtain the "plaque" on the inside of the car ( on the dash-stating SLP number etc?) please point me in the right direction. Mine is missing
Are you talking about your 01 Firehawk? If so, they did not come with a numbered dash plaque, Only the Badge on the Ashtray cover.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I'm actually looking for the outer sticker for the rear bumper as my bumper apparently has been painted and the sticker is missing. Thanks . Also on a side note, if anyone knows of any way to obtain the "plaque" on the inside of the car ( on the dash-stating SLP number etc?) please point me in the right direction. Mine is missing
Are you talking about something like this? I have this for my SS

Old 02-23-2011, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Try thirdshiftstudios or specializedstainless. I won't link to it, but I could swear I saw the plaques on there. Best of luck
I'll check it, thanks.
Originally Posted by Cheetoh
Are you talking about your 01 Firehawk? If so, they did not come with a numbered dash plaque, Only the Badge on the Ashtray cover.
It's the ashtray one I am missing. I don't see where it would go.

Originally Posted by fxgs
Are you talking about something like this? I have this for my SS

No, although that is nice. I mean the one on the ashtray is missing, thanks though.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dsittler
Today I received my reproduction door decals for my Firehawk from LT4 hawk 9, and I am very happy with them. My original ones were not too faded, however I wanted a spare set just in case. Mike was very quick about getting them made and extremely professional.

As you can see there are minor differences from the original ones on the door but I doubt most people would notice. If I had to replace the original decals for some reason I would disclose that the replacements are reproduction. That being said from what I have read is it even possible to get "original" decals anymore?

If you look closely, SLP was careless and some of the printing on the decals ran off the edge and some of the lines did not line up correctly. Mike called me and asked if I wanted to have my new ones look EXACTLY like the ones on my car or he could make the corrections to make them the way they are SUPPOSED to look.

I think this is an excellent resource for replacement decals and I am very glad that he has gone to the effort of doing this for a reasonable price.

Derek
Looks great. I've dealt with Mike before and he's a great guy; timely and precise. I just finished up working with him on some motorcycle decals via email, and I mentioned I might have to take him up on a set of SLP repros.

Here's two examples of his work that I've received:

Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Teching In

I just saw the e-bay listing for the blank SLP stickers for 80 bucks. I think that the reproduction stickers look awesome and are well worth the money. Who cares if its not true SLP paper, as stated earlier in the thread the 80 dollar paper will fade again. Awesome find and I think Ill order some for the "Just in case" moments in life.

Quick Reply: SLP build stickers for the door?