Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

So will our cars be worth money in 15-20 years?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say, if someone is willing to step up to the plate with 20K today, sell it in a heartbeat. That buyer might not be around with the same $$$ in a weeks time.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$20,000 is a lot for that car. My car is 1 of 42, and I have no intentions of selling it - however no one has offered me $20K for it either.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty good offer on the table, so I understand your dilemma. I've gotten people asking me to sell mine and have ended up saying no. Even though I've listed the car for sale on this site, I say no is because I love 4th Gen F-bodies and if I sold it, I would want another one. However it is getting much harder to find low miles, nearly show room mint 4th gens. So I plan to hold it.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Matt, me and you are in somewhat of the same boat, cars are paid for, nice not to have a note...but then again it would also be nice to get another car for a change. It is a tough call but the way I look at is this: Yes a vett would be nice, but then again, everyone has a vett, really. When I drive my car a LOT of vett owners are looking at my car, does it make my car any better, no, but it makes me feel better. I look at it this way, it doesn’t cost me anything but $400+/- to let it sit in the garage all year and drive it a dozen times or so, would the same be true for a vett, don’t know, maybe not. YOUR car is unique in the color (I think) and what YOU have done to it to make YOU happy w/mods, etc, if it does not do that any longer maybe YES, it may be time to move on...But I vote NO! LoL

BTW-Do I think my car will be worth a ton is 20 years, I wish, but not really....too many still on the road. IMHO.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Matt, me and you are in somewhat of the same boat, cars are paid for, nice not to have a note...but then again it would also be nice to get another car for a change. It is a tough call but the way I look at is this: Yes a vett would be nice, but then again, everyone has a vett, really. When I drive my car a LOT of vett owners are looking at my car, does it make my car any better, no, but it makes me feel better. I look at it this way, it doesn’t cost me anything but $400+/- to let it sit in the garage all year and drive it a dozen times or so, would the same be true for a vett, don’t know, maybe not. YOUR car is unique in the color (I think) and what YOU have done to it to make YOU happy w/mods, etc, if it does not do that any longer maybe YES, it may be time to move on...But I vote NO! LoL

BTW-Do I think my car will be worth a ton is 20 years, I wish, but not really....too many still on the road. IMHO.
Haha yeah I hear ya but not everybody has a electron blue Z06. I don't think I could buy a red, black, silver, or yellow one but if it comes down to it and I do sell it to the guy. I would consider depending on what mods are on it. I would hate to have to do another build so I may just keep the SS for that reason. Oh and it still makes me happy to drive it just have the fever to get another ride.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Banned

I never plan on selling my car. So I really could care less about the value, I just want to keep it for as long as possible, because even though it may not be worth a lot in 20-30 years, it will be a very rare car by then, and rare cars get lots of attention, and are more fun to drive.

If I were you, I'd find a way to keep the SS, and get a Vette too. Might be expensive, but at least you wouldn't have to deal with the possible regret of losing the SS.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:26 AM
TECH Regular

20k is alot and I probably take it and find a blackbird and pick that up, vettes dont really do it for me
Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

zo6 for sure, so much more car to enjoy
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Future value?

The old days.........

Historically cars with very low production numbers like Yenko, Dick Harrell, Berger have done very well over the years.

Today..........

Again, I beleive any low production 4th Gen. should do better.......... GMMG, Berger, DEI, Blackbird, Mecham, Lingenfelter & others with very low production numbers. SLP should bring better money than any other regular 4th Gen but I feel SLP built too many cars compared to GMMG & others.

That's why I have 7 GMMG's in the collection at this time. Time will tell.

www.daytonapacecars.com

Just my 2 cents. Jim

So will our cars be worth money in 15-20 years?-jim2010b.jpg

Last edited by daytonajim; 07-27-2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: change

Quick Reply: So will our cars be worth money in 15-20 years?