Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

2000 Firehawk T/A 375 HP questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Firehawk T/A 375 HP questions

I just bought this car a few weeks ago and it has full documentation from SLP but some things are a little vague! It has a Hurst shifter for the 6 speed tranny and from what I gather I was told it was a dealer installed option but want to verify! the other is the hood has the "375 HP" logo on it in the same exact vinyl graphics as the "Firehawk logos on car! its identical to the '94 and '96 Firehawks I have seen pics of! Was this a dealer installed logo and if it is, what made it 375 HP compared to the SLP prepped 330 HP? Any help decoding this car would be a big help! I am the 3rd owner and cant get any contact info from the original owner and I am going on the info from the 2nd owner that I purchased the car from! Thank guys

Last edited by Audiowizard; 08-26-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hurst shifter was a GM option.
I would guess the previous owner did the custom decals.
Not standard dealer-added options.

For the 375hp versus the 2000-model-year-advertised 330hp, I would guess the previous owner was estimating his mod'ed crank or rwhp, & advertising it.

firehawk.com
firehawkowners.com
messageboard.firehawk.org

Run the VIN thru the compnine.com site & you can get a listing of all the RPO codes for the car, then check them against a master list to find out what each one specifically is.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

It could have been a mod package that SLP offers. They have a 375HP pack which includes exhaust, air intake, MAF, smotth elbow, rockers, and Diablosport tuner.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zanthor991
It could have been a mod package that SLP offers. They have a 375HP pack which includes exhaust, air intake, MAF, smotth elbow, rockers, and Diablosport tuner.
Otherwise, it's the standard 330hp in 2000.

You may want to email SLP with the VIN -- they can tell you exactly what your car came with from GM and SLP. You can also check the stickers on your door to see if there is anything there.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Hurst shifter was a GM option.
I would guess the previous owner did the custom decals.
Not standard dealer-added options.

For the 375hp versus the 2000-model-year-advertised 330hp, I would guess the previous owner was estimating his mod'ed crank or rwhp, & advertising it.

firehawk.com
firehawkowners.com
messageboard.firehawk.org

Run the VIN thru the compnine.com site & you can get a listing of all the RPO codes for the car, then check them against a master list to find out what each one specifically is.
That would sound about right, the original owner was a college proffessor in the DFW area so I hope he would be accurate on the 375 HP claim! LOL thanks for all of your replies! will post some pics soon!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

they send the stickers with those slp kits as well, its basicly a bolt on kit and a tuner
Old 08-26-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ That's what I was thinking too, but do they send out stickers or plastic decals? His sounds like he has a vinyl sticker, OP what color is the sticker/decal is the 375 in red?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Oddly enough, the "375 HP" logo is a vinyl sticker that is the same exact material/vinyl as the "Firehawk" logos on all 4 locations! It even matches the same weathering/fading as the logos! I'm thinking the original owner prolly had work done after it arrived from SLP! Gonna see if I can find him in the DFW area, thank you guys for all of your help!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Good news fellas, I tracked down the original owner of car! He was not home today but is going to call me tomorrow with all the info I need on car! Now I will be able to get full history on this special car! Woohooo!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Audiowizard
Good news fellas, I tracked down the original owner of car! He was not home today but is going to call me tomorrow with all the info I need on car! Now I will be able to get full history on this special car! Woohooo!
I finally talked to him to debug the mystery on the "375 HP" hood logo! It came with the SLP 330 rated HP but he had the PCM retuned by Halltech, replaced the paper filter with a K & N and replaced the factory SLP installed exhaust with an SLP stainless "Loudmouth" and added the HP gains and with his/their HP estimation would put it around the 375 mark and he had the same vinyl in the factory "Firehawk" used to make the 375 HP logos as seen on the '94 and '96 Firehawks that I have seen! The original owner was very nice and helpful and wants to see the car again when we make it back to the DFW area! thank you everyone for your input!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have the time and money, I'd get it on a dyno to get some hard numbers.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Double Aught
If you have the time and money, I'd get it on a dyno to get some hard numbers.
Just gotta find a chassis dyno in my area!

Quick Reply: 2000 Firehawk T/A 375 HP questions