Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

SLP reproduction window sticker and birth certificate, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So for you guys taking these documents to shows, has anyone found any good protectors or plactic sleeves to display this sort of stuff with your car at shows?
I have mine in a large plastic cheap picture frame with slide on edges, it works but it isnt anything special.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
So for you guys taking these documents to shows, has anyone found any good protectors or plactic sleeves to display this sort of stuff with your car at shows?
I have mine in a large plastic cheap picture frame with slide on edges, it works but it isnt anything special.
I just thought I would chime in here but you know what would be great for putting these certificates in for protection and such... Comic book "mylar" protectors with the cardboard inserts. Can pick them up from any local comic book store or you can just google them online. The plastic will not adhere, discolor, or damage the papers.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
all of my documents ,write ups and pictures are in picture frames

2009 Firehawk Rally

other hawk owners have done large poster frames:

Last edited by hawk584; 10-20-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X2 on the Picture frames...
Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyles03
Yep I'm registered on there. We should have a Firehawk meet next summer or something, not sure if you already do that.
Yeah that would be fun. I'm not sure if they do anything local, I know that they have a "Firehawk of America rally" or something but that isn't around here. I just got my car this summer so haven't really paid any attention till now. We could send an email to all the owners in MN and see how many people would wanna get together.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hawk584
I know what they look like i too am a Firehawk owner. i just think the birth certificate is much cooler and more personalized. the window sticker looks like it can be made off Microsoft Word
Yeah I agree, I still like having both of them though. And I assumed you knew what they were but i was just checking lol. And thanks for sharing those show pics above, some nice set ups!

Originally Posted by z-camaro
Yeah that would be fun. I'm not sure if they do anything local, I know that they have a "Firehawk of America rally" or something but that isn't around here. I just got my car this summer so haven't really paid any attention till now. We could send an email to all the owners in MN and see how many people would wanna get together.
same here, i just bought mine in February. where are you at in MN?
Old 08-26-2021, 03:00 PM
Teching In

I know this is an old thread, but you can no longer get the SLP birth certificates. The lady I spoke to said the system is so old they cannot even run it. Not sure how true that is with technology nowadays.....bit does anyone know where I can get a SLP birth certificate for my car? Figured someone, somewhere can reproduce them.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brgarris
I know this is an old thread, but you can no longer get the SLP birth certificates. The lady I spoke to said the system is so old they cannot even run it. Not sure how true that is with technology nowadays.....bit does anyone know where I can get a SLP birth certificate for my car? Figured someone, somewhere can reproduce them.
SLP was sold to Roush and there's not much left. I doubt you can get it.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

my recommendation is to see what border the old Birth Certs had, find the same or close to the same border and have one made. Besides that you SOL

Quick Reply: SLP reproduction window sticker and birth certificate, worth it?