Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

MSO? Can I get a duplicate or copy Help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSO? Can I get a duplicate or copy Help please

To make a long story short I have a 2002 35th and the car was or is still on the Mso and upon wanting to register this car the Mso has been lost. This cat has never been titled my question to any of you guys that have maybe collector cars have u ever got a copy of your cars Mso anywhere any how. I have the dealership were the car was bought new looking for me I just thought maybe some one has happened before around people that have collector cars anyways thanks anyone for the help I appreciate it
Old 02-21-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Other than getting the MSO at time of purchase, I am not aware of being able to acquire it after the fact . . .

And the only way that I have gotten the MSO, is when I have purchase a car out of state.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSO? Can I get a duplicate or copy Help please

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Other than getting the MSO at time of purchase, I am not aware of being able to acquire it after the fact . . .

And the only way that I have gotten the MSO, is when I have purchase a car out of state.
Andy,

I have gotten the M.S.O. EVERY time I have purchased a new car or truck. In fact, in insist on it. If the dealer doesn't give me the M.S.O. and allow me to title my own vehicle and not pass the documentation charges on to me, I simply don't purchase from that dealer.

I purchased a new 2010 Silverdo in July 2010, got the M.S.O. and went to the treasurer's office and titled it and then in October 2010, I purchased a 2011 Tahoe and got the M.S.O. and went to the treasurer's office and titled it. Both of these vehicles were purchased here in my home town and the dealer knows me well.

I'm sure that you can get a M.S.O. for the vehicle from G.M. but I'm also sure that you will have to "jump through a lot of hoops" to get it too. You'll have to prove ownership of the vehicle and more than likely have to sign documentation that you actually lost the M.S.O.

Quick Reply: MSO? Can I get a duplicate or copy Help please