Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Last of the Breed CETA

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Last of the Breed CETA

Anyone ever seen a CETA (Collectors Edition Trans AM) with the Last of the Breed Badges too?

I know how both came to be but was there any ever badged with both?
Old 06-21-2017, 01:31 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

CETA was a factory/GM package, on WS6 cars converted under contract by ASC, so CETAs are "factory" original cars. However, the "Last of the Breed" thing is not original/factory so none of them were delivered by the factory with those badges (CETA or not.) Some Pontiac dealers sold these badges when the '02 cars were new, and some folks have bought them directly from the supplier years later. But this was never a factory option on any model/trim.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
CETA was a factory/GM package, on WS6 cars converted under contract by ASC, so CETAs are "factory" original cars. However, the "Last of the Breed" thing is not original/factory so none of them were delivered by the factory with those badges (CETA or not.) Some Pontiac dealers sold these badges when the '02 cars were new, and some folks have bought them directly from the supplier years later. But this was never a factory option on any model/trim.
Thanks RPM again for all your help and knowledge. I was aware of that but I was just curious if anyone on here has one or knows of there being one. Not too long from now I plan to purchase one and would like the T/A to have both if possible.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Docrocket1967
Thanks RPM again for all your help and knowledge. I was aware of that but I was just curious if anyone on here has one or knows of there being one. Not too long from now I plan to purchase one and would like the T/A to have both if possible.
The LOTB (Last of the Breed) kits pop up for sale from time to time, in fact the company that made these originally was still selling brand new kits (certificate, badges, key fobs) directly to interested parties as recently as ~2010 or so. So you could buy this and install it yourself, used or possibly still new if you search for the original supplier (can't recall their name at the moment, but a site search should provide the info.)

No CETA was delivered from the factory with these badges, so you won't find one which came that way originally. But you can certainly add them yourself if you can't find one that someone else has already modified in this way (this would in fact count as a modification, as even the dealers who offered the kit usually sold the items separately from the car, allowing the owner to install the badges themselves.) This was not any sort of package that could be ordered through GM via any RPO, nor would it ever appear on a GM window sticker or a supplemental window sticker from an outsource contractor (such as SLP or ASC.)
Old 06-21-2017, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Morgan Design Group offered them originally to the dealerships. I had purchased a set from emblempros but to be honest when you are right up on them it does not compare to the original.

When I purchase the CETA I would like to get one that had the complete package from the dealership for the LOB still with the car but when I look up images I never see one with both badges.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Previous owner of my car had put them on. But i've since taken them off and put the CETA badges back on. Kept the LOB badges though, got them on display in my garage.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim_WS6
Previous owner of my car had put them on. But i've since taken them off and put the CETA badges back on. Kept the LOB badges though, got them on display in my garage.

Nice wheels. I love black wheels with a machined lip.

Quick Reply: Last of the Breed CETA