Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Firehawk Value if adding LS6 longblock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 02:25 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Does that '02 SS rear contain the optional SLP Auburn LSD? I ask because the visible aluminum cover would suggest such (it looks like the AAM cover that came with this option, unless you just swapped the cover from the previous Firehawk rear which may have had that option). If so, a conventional 80w90 lube (plus 4 ounces of GM LSD additive) might provide for better operation than the synthetic lube show above (Auburns can be picky about lube type). But if the SS rear has the standard (for that year) Torsen LSD, then the synthetic 75w90 is just fine.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Does that '02 SS rear contain the optional SLP Auburn LSD? I ask because the visible aluminum cover would suggest such (it looks like the AAM cover that came with this option, unless you just swapped the cover from the previous Firehawk rear which may have had that option). If so, a conventional 80w90 lube (plus 4 ounces of GM LSD additive) might provide for better operation than the synthetic lube show above (Auburns can be picky about lube type). But if the SS rear has the standard (for that year) Torsen LSD, then the synthetic 75w90 is just fine.
Yes it does have the SLP Auburn. Thanks for letting me know, my T2R loves synthetic. I'll replace the fluid for the Auburn.

Quick Reply: Firehawk Value if adding LS6 longblock?