Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Newbie with rare? Firehawk color combination?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with rare? Firehawk color combination?

First off I want to say that I am impressed with the quality of this site.

I am the excited and proud new 3 week owner of a 2002 Firehawk, #485. It is a M6, with Auburn, Bilstein, Spoiler, Wheels, Floormats and Deckmat, and SLP Birth Certificate. It is bright silver with neutral leather. Is this color combination rare? I have seen pewter Corvettes with tan, but I don't remember ever seeing this combination on a F body. Usually it is with ebony or gray leather. If there are others on the board, I would like to see pictures.

I overall love the car. I was in the market for a C5, but didn't want to bite off the high maintenance costs. My only issue so far is there is a popping noise in the Auburn differential when turning or in reverse. Hopefully tomorrows change to new dino lube and GM slip additive will eliminate the noise.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

I've had mine for about 4 weeks or so, Mines Red with the neutral colored interior. Your right about that interior being rare. I've not seen to many with that color interior reguardless of the exterior color.

Also a 2002 M6 car, #220.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

2002 Firehawk #555 here...also a Formula. Red with a dark grey/black cloth interior. Welcome to the board.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Thats definitely a rare color combination. Firehawks in general are already rare cars, sure to be collector items in the future.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

I use to own 02 #770-silver/blk,silver/tan sounds sweet. I am sure there are not many out there.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

My auburn pops, grinds and otherwise sounds awful during turns and reverse. Let me know what cures yours. The dealer can't seem to find the problem. Suprise suprise.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redarrow
My auburn pops, grinds and otherwise sounds awful during turns and reverse. Let me know what cures yours. The dealer can't seem to find the problem. Suprise suprise.
I had a local shop, Ron's Rod Shop, check it out instead of the dealer where I bought the car. Turns out that the lube was in bad need of change. They cleaned everything out, just a few metal shavings on the magnet, and put just under 2 qts of Valvoline High Performance non synthetic 80/90 and 4oz of GM friction modifier. After about 30 miles all sounds of popping are gone. From what that I read and after my experience I would get a reputable shop to change the lube. I purchased my own so that I would know it was correct. The lube was under 6 bucks and the GM friction modifier #1052358 was around 7 bucks. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Newbie with rare? Firehawk color combination?